6 minutes ago, AppetiteForSomething said:

The fact that his ass was plastered to the chair for most of the show and still managed still get rave reviews from most of the outlets, still proves that GNR can be a force.  Not many people can pull that off. Kudos to the entire band. That's all.

For sure. Signing while sitting down is not the most optimal position; for someone with the power that Axl has he seemed to pull it off quite well.

3 minutes ago, AppetiteForSomething said:

The fact that his ass was plastered to the chair for most of the show and still managed still get rave reviews from most of the outlets, still proves that GNR can be a force.  Not many people can pull that off. That's all.

You got that wrong, he did good BECAUSE of that chair. Once he starts dancing and jumping on stage like a monkey, then the shortness of breath starts, loss of stamina, cutting words short, negative effect on voice timbre and strength.

• Like 1

Just now, DocArunas said:

You got that wrong, he did good BECAUSE of that chair. Once he starts dancing and jumping on stage like a monkey, then the shortness of breath starts, loss of stamina, cutting words short, negative effect on voice timbre and strength.

Agree to disagree. Sure it conserves energy. Sitting down and singing with that range also has it's restrictions I would imagine. I'm no singer, but when I fool around with my guitar and try to sing there is a world's difference between standing up and sitting down. 

9 minutes ago, DocArunas said:

So, you were the guy at the Troubador behind the stage slipping that banana right under Axl's feet? Damn....

• Like 2

Chair........no chair............I don't care. I know this; Axl and GN'R absolutely MURDERED that crowd on Saturday. Can't speak to Friday because I wasn't there, but everyone I talked to said Saturday was the superior show. I don't care if Axl did it from a toilet, he killed it and that's all that matters to me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DocArunas said:

spot on unfortunately ...  on the huge outdoor stadiums if he cant find a nice balance between showmanship and vocals it could be a problem .

6 hours ago, DocArunas said:

Not exactly. He seemed fine during Troubadour show when he was running around and moving.

Just because you're sitting doesn't mean singing is easier. It compresses your diaphragm and makes it harder, actually.

• Like 1

Once again I wasn't referring much to Axl's voice. As much scrutiny as NuGuns and Axl have been under within the past ten years, I find it amazing that the media even didn't harp on him being in a chair and focus solely on the absurdity of the way it looked. That's how well the band functioned as a whole.  I think that's awesome that they didn't give anyone ammunition to reflect them in a negative light.

Edited by AppetiteForSomething
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

I'm going to go off topic and say BRING BACK THE COUCH !

Think of the variety Axl could bring to the shows then! He could sit in the middle, on the back, or on the arms!

I think OP makes a good point. It could have been an issue in the media, but even temporarily handicapped, Axl tore the roof off that place with fantastic support from the band. What they did together kind of erased the presence of the chair.

• Like 2