Petition To Axl : Play Slither Live

4 minutes ago, default_ said:

We need new songs, not a bunch of covers no one cares about.

Plus I think Slither is soooo numetal-ish, it didnt fit anywhere, even CD songs have a GnR feeling to it at some point.

And I say the same to the whole post GNR Slash/Duff catalog. So damn modarn.

duffs believe in me album from 1993 has a very GNR sound to it. 

• Like 1

I dunno am I the only one who doesn't want GNR to bring out VR songs?  The Chinese material is there because Axl wrote it and Frank, Fortus, and Dizzy were a part of it.  Only Slash and Duff were part of VR and I would much rather have GNR bring old more old GNR tunes from 87-93

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, default_ said:

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Duff's Believe in me and the first Snakepit could easily fit.

it might fit but i would prefer it if duff sang duff songs at a duff gig. when i watch GNR i want GNR songs not individual members solo music

You have to be fucking kidding me. What good does it do to play VR songs? 

This is guns n fucking roses. You should do a petition for them to play locomotive, breakdown or dead horse. Not a fucking cover song. Damnit

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 3

I'd rather hear Fall to Pieces, which in its initial stages was actually intended to be a G N' R song....the riff was written by Slash while he was still in G N' R and was supposedly one of the last melodies Axl had heard Slash make before they stopped speaking.....so a lot of history behind that song.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

I think they should play some Snakepit songs. Can you imagine how fun it would be watching Axl sing shit about himself? Or maybe they should play Great Britain's national anthem.

Or, you know, perhaps they shouldn't add more covers and just stick to playing Guns N' Roses songs, because, well, they are Guns N' Roses. 

12 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I'd rather hear Fall to Pieces, which in its initial stages was actually intended to be a G N' R song....the riff was written by Slash while he was still in G N' R and was supposedly one of the last songs Axl had heard Slash make before they stopped speaking.....so a lot of history behind that song.

Agreed, I'd rather hear fall to pieces if anything. Would be fun to hear Axl sing and also a nice tribute to Scott.

I'd like them to replace The Seeker with Slither and This I Shit with Fall to Pieces if anything. It's very reasonable. Two CD songs are already two too many and are more than enough. From a commercial pov, it makes more sense since they were actually hits, the general audience are more prone to know and like them, and the association with Slash and Duff compared to The Seeker having no association with any of them. What's the big deal?

the last GNR concert i went to was london 2012. they played whole lotta rosie and everyone knew the song, everyone knew the words and everyone sang along and the place was rocking. if they play a VR song there will be many people asking the person next to them "whats this ?" 

I do enjoy covers that are well done..

If its up to me, no VR songs.      Axl's voice doesn't really seem like a match for those songs anyway.

That said, not going to be mad if there are.    I seriously doubt it, however.

The CD songs are all part of the GnR catalogue.   VR is not.    I'd be happy to see more CD songs, like Madagascar, The Blues, Catcher.   I think Slash could totally do something different and rocking with Shackler's too..

Edited by CardinalGunner

2 hours ago, buzzsaw said:

Just not there for a solo spot

They could do Just Not There after he build up to the end of Rocket Queen and then after Just Not There, actually do the end of Rocket Queen. Similar riffs.