Does GnR typically do autographs for fans after larger stadium shows?

As one of my favorite bands that recorded one of my favorite albums (AFD), I've had a lifelong goal of getting a copy of Appetite signed by the band.  Does anybody know if they sign stuff after the show?  If so, can you send me some tips on the best chances of success?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, pjjk said:

As one of my favorite bands that recorded one of my favorite albums (AFD), I've had a lifelong goal of getting a copy of Appetite signed by the band.  Does anybody know if they sign stuff after the show?  If so, can you send me some tips on the best chances of success?  Thanks!

No

2 minutes ago, Original said:

Not formally, however if you catch them in hotel or wherever I'm sure they'll sign for you.   

I took Slash's book to a Conspirators show and saw him through a doorway.  I froze...the door closed...epic fail.   I should have busted into the door for the sig but it was a "closed area".  That won't happen again.

You probably could get there early and see if anyone else is hanging out waiting, esp. if the show is during the week, and then try again after the show and do the waiting game. If it happens, great, if it doesn't, it's just hanging out with other fans for a few hours. Usually bands that play stadium shows stay where away football/basketball/baseball teams stay, unless the band insists they want to stay somewhere else. In this case they might be coming straight from the airport and their tour bus might be there just so they can take a nap or watch TV instead of hanging in a locker room. If the loading area is a few hundred feet from where the security guy is stationed, odds are really slim they'll walk out to the gate and hope the car stops on the way in or out. Some bands will come out or have their assistant bring them backstage to get stuff signed. 

It could be a waste of time or pay off. 

Stadiums are the worst place to try and get an autograph, to many people and the entrances in which they are going in are going to be buried in and gated off

Slash during his club tour would sign, he would have his bodyguard make people form a line and he will sign 1 autograph per person, this is for the people hanging out around his bus after the show

but a Stadium I am not going to count on it, to many people and the entrances are to buried in the Stadium complex, best bet is to find out the hotel they are at and hang around there

• Like 2

2 hours ago, axlsend said:

It is harder to get autographs because at some stadiums they can drive straight in, there isn't a side door like at arenas.

It was like this then I saw them. Security cleared the backstage area and his bus drove right in. He got out and straight to the dressing room. I was sort of lucky and ran into him in the hallway after the show...and...froze...and he deaked. Fuck. Might have just being the universe making me adhere to the advice of never meeting your heros. :)

51 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

It was like this then I saw them. Security cleared the backstage area and his bus drove right in. He got out and straight to the dressing room. I was sort of lucky and ran into him in the hallway after the show...and...froze...and he deaked. Fuck. Might have just being the universe making me adhere to the advice of never meeting your heros. :)

You should have gone for it. He is really nice to talk to.:P

Rumours will start circulating the boards re the hotel. At arenas, if you can, it's usually better to hang around after the gig, but sometimes it can take hours for them to come out. Not sure what is best at stadiums because they can drive straight in.

Yeah, I would think that the big stadium or even arena gigs would be hard to get an autograph. The atmosphere, security, etc. around the band is going to be so much more intense. Would be a one in a million (pardon pun) shot hanging around the venue I would think. Even the hotel is probably gonna be a swank place that tries to keep random people from milling around hounding guests.

I caught Slash's Snakepit here in Columbus in '01 (I think), at a smallish venue called the Newport. It was a sort-of make-up show from when they were absent from the AC/DC tour and was a really low-key gig. Not a whole lot of promotion and crowd may have numbered in hundreds. After the show the MC announced that anybody who wanted an autograph get in line by the entrance. You better believe I waited in line for my autograph. Bought some merchandise and got it signed. Slash was gracious and shook hands and posed for pics with whoever had a camera and wanted one, of course this was before the cell phone camera or we might have be there all day...

Well Ive met Slash and it was really cool, Ive met Steven also and he is cool,  Ive met all the NuGNR Era members from 2009 to 2015 and it was cool hanging around with some of them. I was about to meet Axl and then the security just kicked me out.

So well I do want to meet Axl and Duff and get a pic with them.

It would be amazing to meet Izzy, but seriously it just seems impossible.