Eddie Trunk's Vegas recap

he's gonna get those questions regardless.  he should just shut the fuck up and just act like he doesn't know shit.. instead he goes straight to twitter and says "If you guys only knew what we talked about the other night"

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Lets put ourselves in Eddies spot....if he doesn't say, "there are things I can't talk about yet"....then he's gonna get everyone asking him..

did you talk about Izzy?

what about Adler?

Europe anyone soon?

gltta be a new record man, what did Axl say about that?

so maybe he says what he can and then says "there's more I'm unable to discuss right now" to deflect all of that?

Well apparently it's cooler to hate Eddie trunk. Personally if I got an interview with axl I'd be in here rubbing it in everybody's face loving every minute of the whiny nonsensical hate

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Good lord, he's not sharing bc he was asked not to...not bc he wants to rub it in your face that he knows things you don't.  Get over it.

his attitude about is a tad smug at times, but he can't share stuff he's been told not to or his credibility is ruined and the band will never talk to him again.

How many times now has he mentioned this "stuff" since Vegas happened? Can't wait to listen tomorrow morning to keep a mental tally of how many times he makes mention of it. 

Say it once, and move on. 

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Well apparently it's cooler to hate Eddie trunk. Personally if I got an interview with axl I'd be in here rubbing it in everybody's face loving every minute of the whiny nonsensical hate

I don't get it either...I'm not saying I like the guy but I certainly do not dislike him.  He's just doing what he does, good for him. It doesn't affect me or my life any.

43 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Reunions are always about the money yet every show I've ever been to for any band the shirts have been no less than $40. Why are people still shocked by this?

He sounds annoying trying to be humble about not going to the second show. Really dude? Just accept the ticket and go.

Reading how this guy comes across it kind of baffles me that Axl would want anything to do with him, let alone give this guy an interview.

I guess something is better than nothing though. Appreciate you transcribing it so I didn't have to listen to him.

He makes it sound like both going to the show and not bugging them isn't an option. :lol: Can't believe he didn't want to go to the 2nd show and enjoy it for what it was.

• Like 4

Totally get where he's coming from. If they tell him something and ask him to sit on it, what's he going to do? BUT he's in the entertainment business and it's good business for him to make it known that he is in the "inner circle" of confidants. 

Yep, as a fan of the band and someone who just wants to know the details the cryptic talk erks me a bit... but, I really didn't expect anything else. Nonetheless! the podcast was interesting, told some cool stories and has at least answered one question on the band, that the vibe in the group is overwhelmingly positive. 

Guessing the news he's referring to is more touring, but the outside hope is new material. I think if he was talking about Izzy or Adler he wouldn't have mentioned them separately to the rest of the chat. Could easily be a Euro tour, this tour does not need tickets released 6 months in advance, 2 months notice would be more than enough to sell out in most countries in Europe. 

"I know something but can't say" is a classic media marketing tool to entice listeners to return for future episodes. Good chance his "insider information" isn't that juicy or not anything beyond basic forum theories.

I'm indifferent towards Trunk and if I were in his shoes I'd certainly be on here saying things like, "There are big things on the horizon!  I can't really talk about it, but I'm excited and you should be too!"  But to say, "I know why Pitman is gone and I will never be able to tell you about it."  In that case you don't say anything.  It doesn't stir up anything but negative speculation.  It's bush league.  You can make yourself out to be the insider without throwing that out there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shack said:

I'm indifferent towards Trunk and if I were in his shoes I'd certainly be on here saying things like, "There are big things on the horizon!  I can't really talk about it, but I'm excited and you should be too!"  But to say, "I know why Pitman is gone and I will never be able to tell you about it."  In that case you don't say anything.  It doesn't stir up anything but negative speculation.  It's bush league.  You can make yourself out to be the insider without throwing that out there. 

That's a good point...and really, no one actually cares about Pittman, so he could have easily left that completely in his back pocket.

I also don't think much of his "It's still Axl's band" statement. Of course it is. Axl still has the legal rights.

If he's talking about it from a "vibe" standpoint, meh. Don't buy it. Trunk has long been one of the biggest Axl defenders in the rock media industry. He might be playing a power struggle for Axl even if Axl doesn't want it.

• Like 1

I've never come across t-shirts that have been $45 before, which would be about £30. I bought a t-shirt at a Neil Young show and it was around £20 ($28). £18-£20 is how much they cost at the shows I've been to.

Edited by DieselDaisy

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've never come across t-shirts that have been $45 before, which would be about £30. I bought a t-shirt at a Neil Young show and it was around £20 ($28). £18-£20 is how much they cost at the shows I've been to.

I think $40 is about the norm these days.. The baseball shirt with the cross that I wanted was freaking $65 though. Fuck that. I never by shirts at shows anymore because they are over priced and usually suck. I did but one in Vegas though because it was a special night and the shirt was show specific.

I do like that he predicts Izzy and Adler to turn up at some point of the tour. It's interesting that he says that AFTER the Vegas shows, when right beforehand on his own show he didn't sound optimistic about either joining... Could be a slight hint at something he can't giveaway but that does give me hope.

3 hours ago, spliff said:

he's not a huge gnr fan.. he's a huge kiss/ufo fan. I remember him choosing either choosing skidrow over gnr or sebastian bach over axl in one of those top 5 lists they did on the metal show

Yeah he also chose Back in Black over AFD once. Nothing wrong with that, tho. To each their own.