AXL earnings

the net worth of original 5 are=

steve adler $15 million

duff mckegan $20 million

izzy stradlin $28 million

slash $32 million

axl rose $150 million

so the question is how does axl earn his money ? it cant all be from the music industry surely. does he run businesses or deal in shares during his spare time ?

Axl doesn't have multiple divorces under his belt and the GN'R name to hang his wallet on. Not that I trust these figures anyway. Hell I don't even think he had to pay half to divorce Erin. 

1 minute ago, Original said:

Allegedly.  Are you his accountant?  I'm sure the guys see these stats and roll their eyes...no one has a clue how much they are worth.

they come from a google search and axl's come from richest rock artist list. i doubt they are 100% accurate and i shouldnt believe all i read on the net but the figures come from several different places 

Adler worth 15 million? get out of here noway. He was flat broke when he sued and he probably smoked up all the settlement money. i'd be surprised if he was worth 1m

i can buy Slash and Duff being worth that much as Slash has whored himself out and Duff is a sound businessman....Axl may be a bit high

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, cooker said:

Axl doesn't have multiple divorces under his belt and the GN'R name to hang his wallet on. Not that I trust these figures anyway. Hell I don't even think he had to pay half to divorce Erin. 

it wasn't a divorce it was annulled

• Like 1

Talked to a woman after the first vegas show who used to book their tours in the 90s. She said axl has 3 mortgages to pay. Dont know how accurate that is. She also said money is the main reason for this. But i dont wanna believe her

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 1

I don't think that should be interpreted as cash but as total value of assets. And the GNR name would be a very valuable asset. Normally you value assets like that by calculating and discounting possible future cash flows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

Talked to a woman after the first vegas show who used to book their tours in the 90s. She said axl has 3 mortgages to pay. Dont know how accurate that is. She also said money is the main reason for this. But i dont wanna believe her

Just a strange woman? Should be taken with a grain of salt.

the only way I can see it is if new guns banked alot in the 300+ shows they performed over 10 years, Slash has been touring constantly but in small venues so he could only be getting 50k a gig max, where as Axl is probably get 250k or more per gig in arenas and even more in europe/south america plus 100% of merch sales. throw in some investments and property could get him up there. but I would say more in the 50-75 million would be accurate

8 hours ago, Original said:

Allegedly.  Are you his accountant?  I'm sure the guys see these stats and roll their eyes...no one has a clue how much they are worth.

Yeah, I'm sure Duff is worth more than Izzy with the VR stuff etc.

Slash is a shrewd businessman - much shrewder than he likes to make known. It would not surprise me if he was about on par with Axl. Axl got a wad of cash from Best Buy and from his South American shows but not much else really since the old band folded. You also have to factor in law fees and the overheads for his inflated entourage of penis lickers, Brazilians and musical hirelings. I mean how much does it cost to ship Jarmo around the world on VIP express? Slash and his Conspirators have a minimum production. Duff's is higher also I bet as he is another one who is canny with his pounds and pence - a degree on the subject no less.

I bet Slash got a bucketload of cash for the Michael Jackson stints and the Super Bowl.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I don't trust these figures overall. Teah, as someone else said, Duff knows how to invest his money; I would imagine that figure is a bit larger for him. As for Axl? Dude probably has some very good accountants and investments; he doesn't have ex-wives; etc.

15% royalties from AfD and Lies alone have been enough to sustain Adler. Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy all get larger percentages of royalties from those albums plus the two UYIs, and then there's Live Era, Greatest Hits, various DVDs and licensing from the merch and commercial use of the music and such. Royalties are down now, but those albums and songs still do sell and get licensed, and if one put away one's money from that or invested it wisely it could probably go a  long way.

Edited by stella

24 minutes ago, niceguy said:

Omfg please stop with the quoting of the bullshit celebrity net worth spam site. 

i wouldnt say forbes are not credible nor do forbes run spam sites