Why is Axl not talking?

hqdefault.jpg

Why is Axl not talking during the shows?

we all know that he s been talking about his new furniture, about slash not needing an introduction and other harmless subjects

we all also know that he is not REALLY talking

not like he did for basically his entire career

any guess why not?

He doesn't do long profound (or amusing) rants at every single show. It could also be that it's a comfort thing right now? Saving the energy for the singing, and trying not to stretch the show out? He's got a very bad broken foot right now, and those sorts of injuries are usually not painless. Sitting on that throne with his foot out might not be that comfortable, either.

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

He hasn't been talking extensively at the shows ever since 2002 I believe.

really? I havent really listened to much of Axl after 2001 (since i couldnt stand the players he chose to play with) but I was actualy under the impression that he kept talking onstage... didnt he?

Well, the tour hasn't even begun yet, once someone pisses Axl off again, we might get same talking. So far he's got not much to talk about I guess, since it is obvious he's totally unwilling to share anything about the private details of the reunion or any other personal band things ;)

46 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

really? I havent really listened to much of Axl after 2001 (since i couldnt stand the players he chose to play with) but I was actualy under the impression that he kept talking onstage... didnt he?

Few, if any, extensive 2-3 minute-long rants after 2002.

He has been talking on stage, but much in the same manner he did now at the latest shows. Some shows a little more, some a little less.

I also think Axl kind of lost his illusions that fans will understand where he's coming from and accept his explanations. When there was no Internet I guess he believed it was press that distorted his words and for that reason he was misunderstood. And he probably thought explaining directly to his fans will change it. Once he read on the forums what people think of what they heard from him, I guess he concluded it's a futile effort :lol:

52 minutes ago, Asia said:

I also think Axl kind of lost his illusions that fans will understand where he's coming from and accept his explanations. When there was no Internet I guess he believed it was press that distorted his words and for that reason he was misunderstood. And he probably thought explaining directly to his fans will change it. Once he read on the forums what people think of what they heard from him, I guess he concluded it's a futile effort :lol:

Pretty much this; he also doesn't need to wait until he is on stage anymore, he knows that anything he says publicly will be on the Internet in seconds, which can also be a good thing, look at the promotion the Internet has done for this tour and the band in general. 

3 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

He's letting the music do the talking. Not everyone shows up wanting to hear a random rant.

This

He has been criticised because of the childish rants in the past. Maybe he realise that people came to the show for the music?

Btw both Slash and Duff mentioned in interviews, books etc. that they don't really like when he stops the shows with rants. maybe that's why Axl doesn't rant these days. In 2010 he mentioned that normally he would rant before Novermber Rain, but he is happy now and there's nothing really that could warrant a rant. :lol:

I was at the Friday Vegas show.  Axl talked and engaged the audience wuite a bit, way more than any show I've been to within the last 12 yrs.  I really don't want to hear any crazy rants.  Axl really appeared to be happy and in a good place.  I would love to see a sit down interview where we can get details on how this happenned and if we can get new music. 

6 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I always enjoyed listening to his rants. They were always amusing and sometimes he even had something insightful to say. I wouldn't mind him doing that again.

his rant at monsters of rock in 1988 was the best, after them 2 young lads(who died) where getting walked over the crowd got a proper axl type lecture