Why is Axl not talking?

I can't recall any lengthy "rants" other than the 2002 serpico rant and a rant in Puerto Rico in 2006 about people complaining about the set list, and a rant during rio 2001.

Other than those the dude, if anything, jokes around on stage with band mates most of the time.

1 hour ago, ohmygod said:

I can't recall any lengthy "rants" other than the 2002 serpico rant and a rant in Puerto Rico in 2006 about people complaining about the set list, and a rant during rio 2001.

Other than those the dude, if anything, jokes around on stage with band mates most of the time.

What was the rant regarding the Setlist?

The small rant explaining  why he was a no show and finally the apology to Philly back in 2012 (?) may have been one of the last semi-good ones he delivered.  Last few times I've seen Guns there was really zero interaction with the audience, and  that was disappointing.  People want to know he's  happy we're there, they want to feel included, acknowledged.  I don't want to just hear band intros, a song title, or telling people to back up from the rails.  That's not what made him one of the best known  frontmen in the industry.    Anyway, he  seemed more interactive in Vegas,  and in a positive way.  So  I hope he continues that.  

51 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

What was the rant regarding the Setlist?

He caught wind how many of the forums wee criticizing the band on the set list... He basically said how he doesn't give a fuck about anyone's opinion of the set list except for those at the actual show.

That's probably a horrible job paraphrasing, it's likely easy to find on YouTube.

4 hours ago, donny said:

his rant at monsters of rock in 1988 was the best, after them 2 young lads(who died) where getting walked over the crowd got a proper axl type lecture 

And in that case, IIRC, Axl was asked to stop the show at least twice by the organizers/security because of the out of control crowd. So that one was him cooperating as much as possible with the venue.