Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

Yeah, I'm calling BS as well. There's just no way in this day and age a radio station could "accidentally" play a new single before it's release date (Or before anyone even knows there will be a single in the near future, for that matter), and not have it be all over the internet. Plus, wouldn't the DJ have said something about it being the new AC/DC song before/after?

Are you sure it wasn't another band you mistook for AC/DC? There's a handful of singers out there that sound like Brian...

It was 100% AC/DC. I was driving from Bay City, MI to see my gf who is in East Lansing, MI. I am pretty sure I was listening to the Lansing rock station- 106.1. I was flipping channels cause I was tired of my CCR CD in the car and I remember kind of going- man, AC/DC again? Since they always play them. It was clearly Brian singing.

Then I realized I didn't know the song. I was intrigued and just enjoying it thinking it was a deeper cut I missed then the chorus kept hitting and Brian kept shouting, "Man Down" and I just went holy shit! I was an idiot and thought about recording it but I figured the song just got released by surprise. I figured it was weird a radio was playing before an announcment but was excited to read about it after. I can tell you it was really good, and solid AC/DC. I wish I had a better description but its freakng AC/DC. I do remember Brian screaming Man Down a lot at the end and Angus coming in with a bunch of leads at the end. That can probably describe all AC/DC songs, though.

Ugh... I fucked up I should have recorded it. This is just so weird, but I know what I heard. If it wasn't AC/DC what are the chances there would be a band out there sounding that similar, with a song called Man Down, getting airplay? It just doesn't make any sense. And the DJ said nothing after the song.

Should I call them tomorrow? And you guys should know I'm not an attention whore or anything, I am just so dumbfounded there is zero information about the song anywhere online

EDIT- Fuck this, there isn't anything on the AC/DC forum either. I'll call the station tomorrow but I have zero proof to offer you guys. Either way, I would be shocked if there isn't an announcment soon since I am 99% sure I heard a new AC/DC song.

Edited by ZoSoRose

You know what? The more I think about it, the more I am convinced it was the new song.

He didn't just sing Man Down once or twice, it was the focus of the whole darn thing. It had a really old school vibe, and Brian's voice was a bit harsher I remember (sounded really good), the song had a kind of open or loose vibe while being pretty heavy. I don't remember much of the solo but I remember Angus soloing at the end while Brian sang. The production was great and I hate to say it, it didn't even register to me that Malcolm wasn't on it, it sounded fine (I just hope he is on board with this).

I am sorry I fucked up, my gut told me to pull out my phone to record but I thought it just got released while I started driving.

Edited by ZoSoRose

I totally forgot to do that. I'll do it now, one sec

EDIT- The line is busy and Im about to leave work

If anyone else wants to try their luck this is their number 517 363 2106. and that is for 106.1. I could have heard it on 94.9, but I'm pretty sure it was 106.1

I checked today's playlist and no new AC/DC songs

Edited by ZoSoRose

Well, its been over a week and this shit still ain't out.

Fuck, I fucked up. I could have exploded the internet if I recorded the stupid thing. Or maybe it wasn't AC/DC at all, nothing makes sense

That's still my guess. There are bands out there that sound like AC/DC, and there are singers out there that sound like Brian.

Thank god, I need to hear this stupid song so I can keep myself from going crazy. Maybe I dreamed hearing it

inb4itisntthesongzosoheard

I am going to call it now, the first single will be called Man Down, it will be the song I heard, I will never figure out how it was played on a random radio station once a month early, no one will ever believe me, and I will therefore be driven clinically insane

I'm fine with a stadium tour too - of the 3 gigs I saw on the Black Ice tour 2 were stadiums and 1 was an arena, and I enjoyed the stadium gigs much more.

That said, I doubt it will be ALL stadiums, I just don't think the demand is high enough. Brian recently said the tour will be much bigger than the original idea of 40 dates for 40 years because of demand. But they're not gonna be able to fill stadiums everywhere, particularly in the US. Hell, there were only 2 US stadium gigs for Black Ice and neither sold out.