Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

Im cool with stadiums! Cheaper seats and bigger shows! Plus, I've already seen them in an arena

Isn't the price of sections like the nosebleeds in stadiums more expensive than the price in an arena?

From my experience Stadiums usually offer pretty cheap nosebleeds compared to arenas. I guess we will see

Pipe dream wishing for GA, but hopefully I can see them this time around.

Not gonna happen in North America.

You guys need to see AC/DC in Europe somewhere and not some seated bullshit

I'd love to see them in Europe. Maybe I'll get lucky and some dates with coincide with Maiden's next European tour.

AC/DC ‘ROCK OR BUST’

Posted on 23 Sep 2014

ALBERTS AND SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT AUSTRALIA PROUDLY ANNOUNCE THE NOVEMBER 28TH RELEASE OF ‘ROCK OR BUST,’ THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW STUDIO ALBUM FROM AC/DC.

September 24, 2014, Sydney, Australia – Alberts and Sony Music Entertainment Australia proudly announce the release of ‘Rock or Bust,’ the highly anticipated new studio album from AC/DC, available in Australia November 28, 2014. ‘Rock or Bust’ is the band’s first studio album in six years and features 11 new tracks.

‘Rock or Bust’ follows the immensely successful ‘Black Ice’ album, which debuted at #1 in 31 countries upon its release in 2008 and has gone on to sell nearly 8 million copies worldwide. The album was recorded at Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, Canada and finds AC/DC once again working with producer Brendan O’Brien and mixer Mike Fraser.

“Rock or Bust” is the first AC/DC album in the band’s history without founding member Malcolm Young on the recordings. Earlier this year AC/DC released a statement explaining that due to illness, Malcolm would be taking a break from the band. Unfortunately, due to the nature of Malcolm's illness, he will not be re-joining the band. AC/DC will undertake a world tour in support of ‘Rock or Bust’ in 2015. Steve Young, nephew of founding members Angus and Malcolm Young, plays guitar on 'Rock or Bust' and will accompany the band on tour.

------------------------------------

we will be able to hear a few seconds of "play ball" in the MLB add on sept 27 is the US

Album contains 11 songs

What the fuck is this shit? I know I heard an AC/DC song where Brian kept screaming "MAN DOWN".

I swear to god, I am going to check myself into a mental hospital because if that isn't the main single, then how is it possible a random station played it? It fuckin' isn't, I don't think

EDIT- And that is sad about Malcom, I am glad they are putting one more in the can though

Edited by ZoSoRose

My wife really wants to see them, she has never seen them before. But beyond that, given the state of the band, you'd be a fool not to see them on this tour. It'll prolly be the end.

On a side note, I saw them at Joe Louis arena back in 2000 or 2001, and that whole place felt like it was literally moving during Thunderstruck. I've never experienced something like that before or since at a concert. The whole crowd was in unison, its was surreal. When I saw them at the Palace during the Black Ice tour it wasn't the same feeling. Still a great show, but that Joe Louis show was really something special.

Silly titles.

Man Down was a lot better (rumored) title.

Play Ball? Lol. Well, I guess they're typical AC/DC titles. I guess.

Still, looking forward to it. I didn't get into Black Ice too much, but regardless, I'm going to be seeing them on this tour.

I think Man Down would've been disrespectful.

I'm gonna go fucking broke next year. I plan on catching several AC/DC shows, several Rush shows, and Maiden will probably have a US tour.

Maybe in the literal, ironic sense, but I don't know if Malcolm would have actually taken offense. But I see what you're saying.

Still. Rock or Bust... Typical AC/DC though. Rock N Roll til' death.

And depending on prices/seats, I wouldn't mind trying to catch AC/DC twice or so. No Rush for me. Hopefully will catch Maiden. :awesomeface:

Maybe in the literal, ironic sense, but I don't know if Malcolm would have actually taken offense. But I see what you're saying.

And depending on prices/seats, I wouldn't mind trying to catch AC/DC twice or so. No Rush for me. Hopefully will catch Maiden. :awesomeface:

My worst seats for Black Ice were 7th row and I never paid more than $95. Have you ever seen Rush? And you will see Maiden next year, no backing out this time ;)

My worst seats for Black Ice were 7th row and I never paid more than $95. Have you ever seen Rush? And you will see Maiden next year, no backing out this time ;)

I've never seen Rush. No interest in seeing them really, not even to "check them off of the list".

And yes, I will definitely be seeing Maiden at least once ;)

Silly titles.

Still, looking forward to it. I didn't get into Black Ice too much, but regardless, I'm going to be seeing them on this tour.

I'm gonna go fucking broke next year. I plan on catching several AC/DC shows, several Rush shows, and Maiden will probably have a US tour.

I haven't kept up with Rush at all since the last tour ended - what's known about their plans?

As for the announcement, never change AC/DC, never change. I love it. Excited for the tour.

Silly titles.

I haven't kept up with Rush at all since the last tour ended - what's known about their plans?

As for the announcement, never change AC/DC, never change. I love it. Excited for the tour.

Not much, just a few comments from Alex. He says it's gonna be the R41 tour, and it'll be another retrospective tour. But unlike R30 which had an emphasis on hits, he'd like R41 to be more focused on rarities and songs they've never played live.
  • Like 2