Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

44 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Nothing is wrong. Imagine someone replaced someone's favorite singer in a band. Even if that replacement is great, a lot of the times it doesn't work cause of the emotional attachment of some fans to the original singer.

I think it's known Axl is one of the best hard rock singers in the world, even at his age. He can do a good job, but it's more about Brian or the lack of him to be precise. And those fans paid to see the band with Brian so it's only right imo that they'll have the choice to do something as stupid as returning their ticket. Their loss, it's a rare chance to witness something special.

yeah you´re right.. I can understand it at some level.. But refund of a ticket.. meh.. It would be better just to step off the tour than seing people get refunds.. Would be nice to hear Angus opinions of all this. But then again, if the Danish people sell their tickets i can get one hehe. Would be once in a lifetime to see Axl on Vocals

Edited by estranged_85

2 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

yeah you´re right.. I can understand it at some level.. But refund of a ticket.. meh.. It would be better just to step off the tour than seing people get refunds.. Would be nice to hear Angus opinions of all this. But then again, if the Danish people sell their tickets i can get one hehe. Would be once in a lifetime to see Axl on Vocals

Angus' opinion, presumably, is that he wanted to finish the tour no matter what, which he will now get to do. I think its a smart move to allow refunds - I doubt they will have a problem selling the tickets, and its not like 100% (or even a significant percent) of the current ticket holders will return them. Better than having people attend who are only going because they couldn't get their money back and will boo the band/Axl or otherwise be a nuisance. 

Just now, goneshootin said:

Angus' opinion, presumably, is that he wanted to finish the tour no matter what, which he will now get to do. I think its a smart move to allow refunds - I doubt they will have a problem selling the tickets, and its not like 100% (or even a significant percent) of the current ticket holders will return them. Better than having people attend who are only going because they couldn't get their money back and will boo the band/Axl or otherwise be a nuisance. 

true.

Any time a band even so much as reschedules fans are given the option of refunding the tickets or holding on to them for a future date. Not only were ten shows postponed, but the initial twelve are getting a new singer that the fans didn't pay for. Of course fans will be given the option for a refund, Axl or not.

On April 20, 2016 at 7:02 PM, GNRfan2008 said:

The video doesn't lie. I'm honest when Axl struggles and I'm being honest about the video I've seen of Brian recently. His hearing may have affected him but he was struggling to even get the words out. I'm very aware of his age. Maybe, just maybe AC/DC should have retired a couple years ago when Malcolm's situation became a big problem.

I agree that they probably should have retired after Malcolm became ill, but in a selfish way I'm glad they didn't, because I got to  see some of them again one more time.  Now however with only Angus left,  of course It's a totally different story. 

As for Brian struggling on the video, I didn't see that one and I'm not even doubting what you say is true, but again, coming from the point of view of GNR fans,  it's just not a debate I can take seriously.  We've got Bridge School, we've got Rio '11 , hell, we've got entire years of shows with Axl struggling, and I doubt you'll find a compatible performance that awful from Brian,  a singer who is half deaf and 14 years older. 

18 minutes ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

I agree that they probably should have retired after Malcolm became ill, but in a selfish way I'm glad they didn't, because I got to  see some of them again one more time.  Now however with only Angus left,  of course It's a totally different story. 

As for Brian struggling on the video, I didn't see that one and I'm not even doubting what you say is true, but again, coming from the point of view of GNR fans,  it's just not a debate I can take seriously.  We've got Bridge School, we've got Rio '11 , hell, we've got entire years of shows with Axl struggling, and I doubt you'll find a compatible performance that awful from Brian,  a singer who is half deaf and 14 years older. 

It actually works the other way. GN'R fans nitpick their singer more than any fanbase on the planet. Thus, when I see a bad performance I call it like I see it and don't make excuses. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just bloody retire. Angus can put out some blues albums, however depart. You have ginger pubes singing, no Malcolm, No Rudd and you do not seem to resemble DC to be quite honest. RETIRE. Nobody will criticise you.

That is the correct way to handle this. Angus has put AC/DC in nu-Guns territory. Glorified cover band. 

42 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just bloody retire. Angus can put out some blues albums, however depart. You have ginger pubes singing, no Malcolm, No Rudd and you do not seem to resemble DC to be quite honest. RETIRE. Nobody will criticise you.

I'd love an Angus solo album. He could even still get Stevie on it. They'd probably be quite the blues duo.

• 2 weeks later...

so is anyone from the forum going to be at the AC/DC concert in Lisbon? if so will we get any periscoping or other kinds of updates/streaming? and if not from here then elsewhere that anyone knows of? I am really curious to hear Axl do his first performance fronting AC/DC :headbang:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so is anyone from the forum going to be at the AC/DC concert in Lisbon? if so will we get any periscoping or other kinds of updates/streaming? and if not from here then elsewhere that anyone knows of? I am really curious to hear Axl do his first performance fronting AC/DC :headbang:

Yes!!! We need a Portugese Fede to help us in GN'R land witness this historic collaboration. You guys are out there - we know you can do it, so step up!!!

• Like 1