Steven Adler On GN'R 'If Something Does Happen F**king Cool" Oct. 29, 2015 Interview

Seriously man, he should have been there full time this time.

Its just weird we heard no official release from Steven or anyone close to him regarding his back Surgery.

Even his singer who looks like DJ Ashba's brother din't mention regarding anything Stevens back, all he said that he hopes to see Steven there.

Seriously I hope he is ok and if he had a back surgery then I hope he gets well soon and joins the band for the Summer tour

We really need someone to play Mr. Brownstone and RQ properly and only Steven can do it!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

He's right on one thing, (and I went to vegas shows) it doesn't matter who they put on that stage, the only way to really recreate the magic is to get the original five.

I am glad to see other people that were at the shows say that. I was in Vegas for the Friday show and it was an incredible experience. I can't say that was due to the bands performance though. They definitely had their moments and it was special to see Axl and Slash up there but at the end of the day it looked and sounded like an upgraded NuGuns show with Slash. 

I don't know if they need all original 5 to capture the magic this 7 person hybrid lineup doesn't appear to be doing it. 

I really don't see the point in bringing him back. I mean Slash is an amazing guitar player and one hell of a celebrity, Duff was in even before Slash was and Izzy just helped write a big part of the GN'R material so I can see why they would be wanted but Steven... I don't hate him, but honestly I don't see why he deserves to be there. I mean yes he says he's sober now, he's done that plenty of times before and there's no reason to believe that he won't do it again and fail the band (and the fans). Why would Axl take away the job from someone he's worked with for 10 years to give it back to someone that didn't appreciate it the first time? 

1 minute ago, AlterL said:

and the one that Slash and Duff know have to work with and choose as well to work with. 

Shame on them then.. Not that anyone really thinks they have any say who is in the band besides themselves.

He will never be anything more than a guest (IMO). Anyone thinking he's going to come back 30 years later, and take over where he left off is obviously smoking Steven's stash. Sorry, but Frank is gonna be staying put, and if for some reason he gets the skip, it'll probably be someone like Brent Fitz, or another session ace getting the job. Adler has the magic, undeniable! Nobody in their right mind can argue the opposite! when he's on, he's incredible! great swing and punk rock attitude... nobody plays the (AFD) songs as good as him! But, for the reasons that have been posted a million times before, I just can't see him ever being full timer again. Wish him well and would love to see him up there for at least a few songs at some time during the summer or further on.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Shame on them then.. Not that anyone really thinks they have any say who is in the band besides themselves.

They must have a say! Slash and Duff sign on to play in Gnr and be yes men? that's hard to believe after everything they said against Axl's band and not wanting to be hired hands. Axl is still technically the boss, but Slash and Duff are not getting pushed around. They have a say on who is hired and fired. We may never find out for sure though, so the speculation will continue. 

As for Axl's opinion on Frank, I'm guessing he thinks he's a great drummer otherwise we would have a new tub thumper up there. 

I don't know; a second keyboardist (truly there is nothing that screams nugnr more than Axl's insistence that Guns have a second pointless keyboardist); three Chinese stinkers in the setlist; Frank; Richard; it seems to me that Axl has Slash and Duff bent over and he is giving them a bit of the old ginger sausage. When Slash and Duff last formed a quasi-Guns project, it was with Sorum. When the Guns hall of fame inductees needed a second guitarist to play live, who did Slash suggest? Gilby. Yet suddenly they are playing with these two nugnr guys and we are expected to believe this is consensual. It seems to me that they have been forced on Slash and Duff. But then you can bury a lot of antagonisms deep inside for the $$.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

Alice_tour_shots_017.jpg

Any argument that tries to compare the 1992 tour doesn't hold water.. Those were touring musicians for one experimental and over bloated tour. Teddy wasn't an actual band member like Pittman and Punky. He wasn't out on stage for every song. And after the 1992 tour he was gone and they were back down to 6 guys for the Skin N' Bones tour and sounded fucking awesome.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

Alice_tour_shots_017.jpg

This. If zig zag was there instead of Melissa nobody would be complaining. I myself wasn't fond of the idea at first but since I have no say in the process I'll settle for what we have. 

And I could understand why there might be concern for having Adler there full time right now..

• Like 1

I think Izzy will re join at one of the last shows of the stadium tour. Then Steven will play the AFD Vegas Residency. We goin' back back forward back. 

If there's a record it will stylistically be 2 tracks from each era and some new hybrid stuff. 

15 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

Do you guys really think there's a chance Adler or Izzy will show up on tour? Seeing them in Philly in July and it would make my life if even either of them were there to do a song or two.

I wouldn't bank your money on anyone but the lineup we have seen.  A lot of people were hoping and believing they would be in Vegas....

20 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

Do you guys really think there's a chance Adler or Izzy will show up on tour? Seeing them in Philly in July and it would make my life if even either of them were there to do a song or two.

I do. We were all convinced Adler was in since he was silent for so long. Then he cancelled the whiskey gig. Then The troubadour happened which worried us but now we have confirmation he hurt his back. I'm sure hes involved.

Izzy idk. He was clearly being honest by announcing he wasn't involved in March and it doesn't appear things have improved yet. But there's still a lot of time between now and the first show of the tour on June 23 so, give it time... 

8 minutes ago, 3rd Wheel said:

People who complain about the number of members, the different types of instruments and the vibe of the music don't comprehend that bands evolve. Guns N' Roses has evolved since 1985. If there is anything Axl wanted most for it, it's to keep the band's sound moving, whether for better or worse.

If you want the "original 5" with only five members, no keyboard players and no ChiDem tracks, then lock yourself in a room and blast AFD for the rest of your life. That's fine. It's your prerogative to desire that and critique anything opposing that mindset. I respect the opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

But living in a fantasy world of actually BELIEVING that is possible for anything more than a few songs scattered about? It's just silly. The HOF was probably the last chance for the "original 5" dream to happen as a standalone product. GNR has evolved to a point now where it can't go back to that for anything more than "Hey, here's Rocket Queen and Brownstone with just the original 5 and after this it's back to the full-time guys" at a random show.

As much as I'd love to see the 5 guys form a full time band again, you are spot on. It wont happen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't know; a second keyboardist (truly there is nothing that screams nugnr more than Axl's insistence that Guns have a second pointless keyboardist); three Chinese stinkers in the setlist; Frank; Richard; it seems to me that Axl has Slash and Duff bent over and he is giving them a bit of the old ginger sausage. When Slash and Duff last formed a quasi-Guns project, it was with Sorum. When the Guns hall of fame inductees needed a second guitarist to play live, who did Slash suggest? Gilby. Yet suddenly they are playing with these two nugnr guys and we are expected to believe this is consensual. It seems to me that they have been forced on Slash and Duff. But then you can bury a lot of antagonisms deep inside for the $$.

But Slash wanted Fortus in his band. No one forced Slash to take the money or Duff or to be a part of Guns again. Slash and Duff don't seem to have any problem with the second keyboardist as well.

I think they want to be in a band with Axl again and yeah... that means compromises. It's no surprise Axl is still in control.

Edited by Rovim

When people are complaining about Alder not being involved do they ever point the finger at Alder himself? 

I'm just surprised so many people are not satisfied with Axl, Slash and Duff playing together again because Alder isn't there. Izzy, sure, but Alder's an erratic wild card who has the potential to detail the whole thing and there's nothing about the last 30 years of his life to suggest that's unlikely to happen. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gnr5 said:

He's right on one thing, (and I went to vegas shows) it doesn't matter who they put on that stage, the only way to really recreate the magic is to get the original five.

No, you need the 5 of them with a time machine. They are all much older and have slowed down in terms of their stage antics, plus they no longer live like a bunch of gutter rats in the street (which heavily influenced the songwriting for Appetite).