Steven Adler On GN'R 'If Something Does Happen F**king Cool" Oct. 29, 2015 Interview

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Doubtful...full time?  Doubtful.  Even if he doesn't show up on the tour doesn't really mean anything.  Back injuries/surgeries take time to recover from and the posture a drunmer holds is about the worst when it comes to allowing a back problem to heal.

Maybe so. But, when you look at his history, Steven isn't the type of guy to parse words or hold back. He's been almost dead silent through this entire thing and I just think that he would have had something to say if he was only going to be used for a one off, surprise gig to 200 people that almost no one was going to be able to see. I could be wrong but you have to admit that his silence is definitely odd.

49 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I'm not victimizing Steven nor blaming the others for not including him, I respect their decision and even said I don't know if he deserves a second chance. I just don't see the need to attack him.

I think having a drummer who can't play the Appetite stuff puts the tour at risk way more than having a guy who's nailed those songs at every gig no matter how many drugs were in his sistem. To me, his playing is worth the supposed risk, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

The majority of people interested in this tour are going to be casual fans who remember GNR from back in the day and want to see Axl and Slash play the hits - they're likely not listening to bootlegs leading up to the show or examining the drumming to make sure it's exactly like it was on Appetite. Frank might not play certain songs as well as Adler does but he's reliable. Adler would cause nothing but trouble.

1 hour ago, Nintari said:

Maybe so. But, when you look at his history, Steven isn't the type of guy to parse words or hold back. He's been almost dead silent through this entire thing and I just think that he would have had something to say if he was only going to be used for a one off, surprise gig to 200 people that almost no one was going to be able to see. I could be wrong but you have to admit that his silence is definitely odd.

Odd?  Sure which gives me more reason he was to be involved...probably still is.

IMO Steven was never gonna be the full-time drummer nor should he be in all honesty. It's just too risky for various reasons. But I definitely agree that he deserves to perform a few songs with the band and I think he will get the chance after he has recovered. There's still no reasonable explanation for why the GnR social media posted those drumsticks that clearly weren't Frank's. I really believe that Adler was supposed to play a couple of tunes at the Troubadour show, but due to his injury that didn't happen.

• Like 1