METALLICA MANAGER: youtube is the devil

donny

21 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They seem to be attacking one of the few methods left today through which people might actually be exposed to their music (and potentially buy it) while missing the greater point: everyone else will just torrent their next album regardless! If they are still stewing about this illegal copyright stuff, and truly determined to increase their billion dollar fortune, than they should be targeting the torrents and not something as benign as youtube.

The quality is not that good on youtube anyway, MP3 quality? (I might be wrong there as my technology knowledge can be written on a postage stamp).

Youtube can go up to 192 kb MP3 quality (320 being the highest) for HD videos which is pretty good for an MP3 (I regard it as the minimum bitrate for my own collection on Itunes).

But your argument about attacking torrents first, I think the people who download via torrent are much fewer in numbers than those who simply go to a youtube page and listen directly. The accessibility is much bigger with Youtube. Torrents are dependant on seeders.

In a student house I lived in, I was digging through a cupboard full of crap previous residents had left. I found most of the Metallica albums. I was quite into them at the time, so was well chuffed. 

I left an exercise bike in there. Four years on, I bet it's still gathering dust!

3 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

My opinion wasnt based on just an offhand dislike for greasers yknow :lol:

You are one step away from decking yourself in black and skulls, growing a mullet and goatee, repudiated hygene and talking in an American ''Beavis and Butthead'' patois.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Drama said:

Black Album and Iron Maiden.  Fuck me and you wonder why you hate metal as a punk fan. :lol:

My mate went to Spain and bought me back a cool t shirt, never actually heard em!  Liking Metal was a good way to be very unpopular and get your head kicked in at my school.  Then again so was punk but at least punk had imagination and flair, Metallers were just dreary long haired blokes called Pete and Nigel that drank Special Brew and didnt use deodourant.

Edited by Len B'stard

On 19-4-2016 at 8:02 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Metallica are greedy fuckers. They know everyone will just torrent their upcoming turd and this makes them nervous.

I think the actual greedy fuckers are the torrenters. It's pretty easy to say Metallica are rich and all, but that's besides the problem. And that does include me by the way. I think I have between 500 and 600 legally purchased albums, be it on cd, vinyl or mp3. And maybe around 100 music dvd's/bluray's on top of that. But I still have more music than that on my hard drive. 

The vast majority of us grew up in a world where you could just "get" what we wanted and grew accustomed to it. Unlike the 70's, 80's and early 90's when the internet either wasn't available or too slow for such things. So...are they really the greedy fuckers? Or are we just brought up as greedy fuckers not used to paying for anything? As much as Lars Ulrich's picture is in the dictionary under "total dick", he's not really wrong. He's from a different generation and he knows a world without the not-so-legal comforts we all grew up with. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2016 at 5:36 PM, donny said:

just saw this as one of the top trending articles on facebook. he's complaining the band get paid nothing for metallica videos being played on youtube. whats the guys problem ?

its free advertising that has probably turned thousands of people into metallica fans over the years, whenever i play a rock song i like youtube has a column on the right of other videos i might want to watch, some by the artist i'm listening to and some by other artists. these get played automatically if i dont chose another song so i often let them play.

also when i go on youtube it has a dozen videos(sometimes metallica) saying "recommended for you". me and i'm sure many others have got into new bands after first hearing them on youtube which often lead to album and/or concert ticket sales.

i cant work out why this man has got an issue with it. 

Metallica, though right, have a habit of sticking up for their right and my rights...

I was 12 yrs young and a veteran of peer to peer sharer Napaster... Before Metallica sued and successfully closed down Napster. 

Edited by Snake-Pit

just found "Garage Days" in a cabinet last night...along with Pretty Hate Machine by NIN and a unremastered Back in Black

have no clue where any of these came from lol

atleast BIB rocks and now i have the original master (numbers on CD go with 87 reissue) instead of the volume jacked remaster

Edited by -W.A.R-