05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

It amazes me how people whenever some new big thing happens, they tend to forget everything before that.

I love AC/DC too, especially Bon stuff, and I am very excited about the whole Axl/DC thing, but suddenly saying that you don't care about the ''reunion'' anymore after watching this is just plain stupid. I cried watching Fede's pericsope from IN FRONT OF The Troubadour and the first Vegas show, and I know you did too! Shedding a tear seeing Slash and Axl after 23 years together and saying how planets realine when those two are next to eachother on stage etc. He did sound great tonight, but saying he sounded awfull two weeks before is also stupid. If you're a performer you know you cannot go on stage and restrain your voice, or try to sing worse than you can at that point. It's very obvious that he lost that middle range he needs for songs like YCBM etc but sounds brilliant singing Nightrain or OTGM where he goes full rasp with those high notes. The same thing we saw tonight: he was outstanding singing Thunderstruck and Hells Bells, but a little iffy singing TNT or DD. 

So stop complaining and being negative, and just enjoy these beautiful times that are ahead of us.

Can't wait for summer tour to start and him to get out of that chair! :D :heart:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nn18 said:

It amazes me how people whenever some new big thing happens, they tend to forget everything before that.

I love AC/DC too, especially Bon stuff, and I am very excited about the whole Axl/DC thing, but suddenly saying that you don't care about the ''reunion'' anymore after watching this is just plain stupid. I cried watching Fede's pericsope from IN FRONT OF The Troubadour and the first Vegas show, and I know you did too! Shedding a tear seeing Slash and Axl after 23 years together and saying how planets realine when those two are next to eachother on stage etc. He did sound great tonight, but saying he sounded awfull two weeks before is also stupid. If you're a performer you know you cannot go on stage and restrain your voice, or try to sing worse than you can at that point. It's very obvious that he lost that middle range he needs for songs like YCBM etc but sounds brilliant singing Nightrain or OTGM where he goes full rasp with those high notes. The same thing we saw tonight: he was outstanding singing Thunderstruck and Hells Bells, but a little iffy singing TNT or DD. 

So stop complaining and being negative, and just enjoy these beautiful times that are ahead of us.

Can't wait for summer tour to start and him to get out of that chair! :D :heart:

I agree....I watched the concerts in Mexico via Periscope and thought he did a stellar job there and thought he did great on Don't Cry, Coma ,etc etc. I feel Axl sang great there and the audience was amazing, just all around rockin shows there!!! How quickly some forget.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Billsfan said:

I can explain why it is for me.. There were a lot of questions about acdc, what happened with Brian Johnson, why axl, how it happened Along with the bands short term and long term plans. They released a brief video clip showing how United they are. It doesn't feel like a cash grab, it feels like they believe they owe their fans and want to fulfill their obligations with a kick ass singer who just wants to do justice with a band he loves. We still have little answers with GNR..

So for me, it's just the fact that acdc has created a lot more comfort in helping me understand what I'm watching. I'm not sure I can say the same thing with GNR.

Only means your deduction skills are lacking. If you can't see that Slash and Duff really want to be there, Axl is excited and still has band members he chose in Guns and it is a compromise that works, so far in a live setting than that's your problem.

Keeping us in the dark not sharing anything is not ideal, but perhaps they didn't want to fuck it up and just went for it. It will become clear with time anyway. But it doesn't seem to be just about the money to me. This AC/DC thing is spectacular, I love it, but it doesn't take away anything personally for me as a Guns fan or actually has anything to do with the hybrid reunion which is still a dream come true as a fan.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Thirdly, there was little chemistry. Slash simply looked like he wanted to fuck off back to Myles and the Conspirators - I've seen more enthusiasm in Bob Willis

Couldn't disagree more. Musical chemistry obviously still there between Axl, Slash, and Duff imo. Not many shows under the belt and Axl is on the chair. Perhaps you're just too bitter about Izzy's absence I'm not sure.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

This..

Axl and mercury hace been consider  ( for some the redhead, for others the queen leader) the best frontman/rock singer of all time,  after today ( axl performance and leading 2 of the gratest 6 bands in history),  the argue is over. Axl is the greatest, period.

Im still procesing what we've whitnessed today .  thank god for periscope.

Im even reading right now on facebook and youtube some acdc die hard fans changing their opinions about axl.  Incredible

People after a few songs were chanting " axl, axl, axl"  on a ACDC CONCERT.  Just unbelieveble.  Axl even tried go change those t . "Angus angus . But it only worked for a couple of songs.

So yes, after today axl will be consider THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. ( and we still have a hell of a 2016 and 2017 ahead of us).  Dreamed, utopic times

lolwut. no one is better than freddie. not even axl. i've only once heard someone do justice to a queen song and that was george michael. and freddie is even better.

with live aid, freddie proved he could win unfamiliar audiences in an instant, clapping in unison. thats something axl isnt quite capable of.

axl is a firm second place though, and the closest thing we get to rock heaven, today 

35 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Couldn't disagree more. Musical chemistry obviously still there between Axl, Slash, and Duff imo. Not many shows under the belt and Axl is on the chair. Perhaps you're just too bitter about Izzy's absence I'm not sure.

I watched some clips and Frank was on this gigantic drum riser like Peter Criss. All the time signatures were speeded-up and Slash seemed disengaged and sloppy.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I watched some clips and Frank was on this gigantic drum riser like Peter Criss. All the time signatures were speeded-up and Slash seemed disengaged and sloppy.

Slash himself started Paradise City at a speed where he couldn't really play it right :shrugs: