05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

I'm completely floored by his performance, he's back to full on 2006/2010 rasp and I thought we'd heard the last of it! Can't wait for the Stratford show in June! This is the best Axl has sung in years!

Honestly I don't think his voice is any better than it's been all the time this year. It's just that these kind of screaming vocals suit his voice perfectly. He sounded just as good in GNR when he was screaming. But when he has to sing SCOM-type vocals, that's when he starts to sound a bit weak.

But anyway this is cool as hell! I hope he uses this kind of a screaming voice on the next album a lot. Also, Perfect Crime would probably suit his current voice very well.

27 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

I'm amazed by his vocals from what I've seen. Where did he get it from and where has he been hiding it all these years. I mean, I heard full on Mickey Mouse moments during the GN'R reunion shows.

To be fair, its in his 'best' current range, 80-90% of it in his high pitched screaming range which he usually nailed. Still he clearly put everything into it, and even at shows like Mexico, you couldn't really say that in the GnR gigs.

It may well be that Axl just was worried about giving too much durnig the GnR gigs and not having enough in his voice to do the ACDC stuff real justice.

I suspect this will just make Axl REALLY confident....and a confident Axl will IMO smash it in the America GnR gigs.

23 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

I'm completely floored by his performance, he's back to full on 2006/2010 rasp and I thought we'd heard the last of it! Can't wait for the Stratford show in June! This is the best Axl has sung in years!

Even in 2006 he couldn't hold the rasp so effortlessly as he is at the moment (2010 was good, but a little breathy at times), I think you have to go back to 93 for a performance quite like this one...and IMO the depth of his voice makes it more similar to a 87-88 gig...

19 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Honestly I don't think his voice is any better than it's been all the time this year. It's just that these kind of screaming vocals suit his voice perfectly. He sounded just as good in GNR when he was screaming. But when he has to sing SCOM-type vocals, that's when he starts to sound a bit weak.

But anyway this is cool as hell! I hope he uses this kind of a screaming voice on the next album a lot. Also, Perfect Crime would probably suit his current voice very well.

rock & roll thunder was great and he wasn't doing "screaming" vocals

https://youtu.be/2Sf5wl6mfLo

Edited by nightrain86

1 minute ago, Freaka said:

I was not drunk! I don't drink at all.

That was you?  You had the guys at the acdcfans board raging, lol. They lost their minds over that.

Thanks for streaming the whole show. That was awesome of you to do that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

What happened last night will be remembered for eternity in music discussions. There has never been an incident where a singer has managed to regain their voice decades after they lost it during their prime.

9 hours ago, k12 said:

he is giving all he has for these shows, which means in a couple of months when the Summer tour is started his voice is going to be shot and he is going to have to go through the motions

No, it does not mean that. This is a style of singing Axl is used to (Hard Rock) and he is used to singing the more challenging Guns material sometimes for 3 hours or even more.

He prepared for these shows and he sounds great. With the right conditions for resting for just a short while like a few days, his voice can actually become stronger when he comes back to sing for Guns as the vocal chords are basically a muscle as well.

There comes a point though where the voice will be strained especially if you sing with so much power and/or rasp but it takes a lot of time to get there if you use it well, it's a tool after all.

Listening to Axl right now it seems he has no problem just fuckin' wailing all over the place. 2010 quality lasted for the entire year, and the AC/DC material is easier to sing compared to Guns tunes. I think it'll be fine. Perfect Crime when Axl gets off his throne is my wish. What will they complain about then? good, but too raspy he sounds like a witch.

Edited by Rovim

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/axl-rose-makes-acdc-debut-7923719

another good review...but I have to copy the comment bellow

I just watched whole lotta rosie on youtube and he was miming, you can clearly see that when he stops singing and yet the vocals go on for about a second afterwards, he done it quite a few times during the performance.

what an idiot :lol:

• Like 1

For the record, Axl did NOT go "full Mickey", "weak" or any other negatives on ANY Bon song. He sang them like Bon sang them. People making these comments seriously need to go an listen to the Bon albums again. Bon was NOT a real raspy singer, he had a clean voice he used on MANY if not most songs. I actually prefer Axl's rendition of those songs than over his performance of the Brian stuff? Why? Because for the first time in 35 years those songs sound like they are supposed to. Brian Johnson sang them his way, which was fine, but it wasn't how Bon sang them. Axl actually went out there and sang songs like High Volatage fucking correctly. I've had that song in my head since last night, lol. Best perormance of the BON songs since Bon died, bar none!!! Plus a superb performance of the Brian songs as well. That show was damn near perfect out of Axl, you shook me all night long was probably my least favorite though, well except for the newer songs.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

By the last GNR show Rocket Queen was sounding must better though, so he's definitely on the UP! Big up the AXL!