05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

20 hours ago, Billsfan said:

:lol:I'd say the same thing if I felt like arguing for the sake of arguing when I know I had no weight or base for my own argument. No one is demanding anything, never said that. Just saying its respectful to at least talk to your fans whether you reveal anything or not. Kind of a respect thing. Google that sometime kiddo 

whatever makes you feel better or like you were correct in the discussion

im not gonna get into petty arguments..Im too old for that shit..peace

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You might even say it's.....

....better than the old one.

sy5ape.gif

----------------------

Seriously though, I hope Axl can keep going like this for a year's worth of touring. He sounds unreal. Anyone found a (full length) good quality video of Hells Bells or Shot Down In Flames yet?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

You can tell this band was always a johnson/young show, now an axl/young show, watch the rest of the band, they will walk to the mics for their cue then back to the drums back to the mic back to the drums

2 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

whatever makes you feel better or like you were correct in the discussion

im not gonna get into petty arguments..Im too old for that shit..peace

Well I am. Just because you continue to try to argue otherwise doesn't make you any better. I call it as it is and did no different here. Sorry you don't like the truth. Peace to you too little fella :D 

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

its funny in mexico city 2nd night barely any videos cause of the monsoon and here kinda the same... i wanna see giving the dog a bone and have a drink on me, to me those are the most interesting songs to hear

22 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

I honestly don't care if GNR ever plays another show - more of this, please!

Ah now! let's keep some perspective. This is great, and Axl is singing his mickey off! But, GnR is Axl Rose's baby and that's that. Also, this is Axl singing karaoke for all intents and purposes. VERY, VERY good karaoke, but karaoke none the less. 

We can agree that we want to see THIS Axl back in GnR, not the Ax that struggles to sing some of his own songs. If he can sing Hells Bells or back In Black, he can sing Sweet child or You could be mine. I think he's gonna be primed and ready by the time Guns hit the road again. Hope Axl is in a real rock n roll mood and asks to put some more belters in the set so he take the roof off like is has been with AC/DC: Locomotive, Pretty tied up, Garden of Eden, Perfect crime, Don't damn me, dead horse... and of those would be so cool to hear.

• Like 2

is axl 100% pure talent? seems to be

a

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Ah now! let's keep some perspective. This is great, and Axl is singing his mickey off! But, GnR is Axl Rose's baby and that's that. Also, this is Axl singing karaoke for all intents and purposes. VERY, VERY good karaoke, but karaoke none the less. 

We can agree that we want to see THIS Axl back in GnR, not the Ax that struggles to sing some of his own songs. If he can sing Hells Bells or back In Black, he can sing Sweet child or You could be mine. I think he's gonna be primed and ready by the time Guns hit the road again. Hope Axl is in a real rock n roll mood and asks to put some more belters in the set so he take the roof off like is has been with AC/DC: Locomotive, Pretty tied up, Garden of Eden, Perfect crime, Don't damn me, dead horse... and of those would be so cool to hear.

you're wrong and understimating the signficance of this, they could write new material and he could moonlight both - im guessing axl goes full time ACDC and part time GNR

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

a

you're wrong and understimating the signficance of this, they could write new material and he could moonlight both - im guessing axl goes full time ACDC and part time GNR

Being full time with AC/DC isn't exactly a full time commitment; remember that they had six years between the Black Ice album and the Rock Or Bust album, and five years between tours. It would be pretty damn easy to juggle AC/DC and GN'R, if that were to happen.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Isn't karaoke something that is usually done In a bar with a recorded backing track? Or is it usually done with a live band and in front of 40,000 people?

Do you feel that Axl is just doing karaoke when he's with GnR doing Live and Let Die? Knocking on Heavens Door? Riff Raff? Rosie? The Seeker?  Was Spaghetti Incident a karaoke album? 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

By the last GNR show Rocket Queen was sounding must better though, so he's definitely on the UP! Big up the AXL!

Sure he's getting slightly better as the touring goes on. I'm just entertained by these "Axl's voice is better than it's been since the nineties." -comments. I mean sure, of course anyone sounds better if he only sings songs that fit his voice. But if you make him sing SCOM, Better, YCBM or PC, he won't sound as good as he did in 2010.

Still, he did an amazing job here!

27 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

a

Are you out of your mind!!! 

I think anyone who's thinking what you're thinking is simply blowing this out of proportion.

It's definitely a possibility that Axl makes a record with AC/DC, agreed. But, it's also a guarantee that GnR remains his main concern. Axl is smitten with AC/DC right now, they are a huge influence on him and it's something new, instead of singing songs he wrote 20/30 years ago and toured endlessly. Eventually, Axl will want to go home. It's like a kid at sleep over, eventually after day 3 they want their own bed and their own toys. 

Axl is staying in GnR, and he will not be putting it on the back burner for AC/DC: if anything it'll be GnR first and foremost, and AC/DC for downtime. Something similar to SMKC calendar. Absolutely amazed that people would think otherwise!!! heads in the game people!!!!:facepalm:

Edited by Tom2112

3 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Isn't karaoke something that is usually done In a bar with a recorded backing track? Or is it usually done with a live band and in front of 40,000 people?

Do you feel that Axl is just doing karaoke when he's with GnR doing Live and Let Die? Knocking on Heavens Door? Riff Raff? Rosie? The Seeker?  Was Spaghetti Incident a karaoke album? 

Don't get carried away with a good / great performance, I've read comments from you saying the exact the same thing about the CD era.

It's not your usual karaoke, but it is quite similar. Also http://livebandkaraoke.com/ not quite 40,000 people but it's a live band.

I'm not taking a shot at this, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to say "Axl's going to go full on with AC/DC and do GnR during his spare time" I mean, what part of anything he said, or what the members of AC/DC said, would make you come to that conclusion? He said if his schedule allowed for it, and that he was open to working on with them if that's what they wanted to do.

The problem with this forum is the habit to jump to conclusions based off of zero facts or even hints of truth. Until I hear Axl or anyone related to current GnR or AC/DC say anything!!! close to "Axl is going to focus more on AC/DC" I'm going to say firmly behind the belief that GnR will remain his main focus. Simple as that. I'll eat one of Axls wide brimmed hats if I'm wrong... which is highly doubtful.

Finally, this is great! he's singing great and people are loving it! that's what matters. 

3 hours ago, jonah said:

You can tell this band was always a johnson/young show, now an axl/young show, watch the rest of the band, they will walk to the mics for their cue then back to the drums back to the mic back to the drums

That's been part of the AC/DC show since before Johnson. Two guys up front and three guys hammering away together in the back. It's beautiful.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

That's been part of the AC/DC show since before Johnson. Two guys up front and three guys hammering away together in the back. It's beautiful.

Not to mention that those three guys, irrespective of the combination, have always been an incredible rhythm section, without which the whole thing would just fall apart.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Sure he's getting slightly better as the touring goes on. I'm just entertained by these "Axl's voice is better than it's been since the nineties." -comments. I mean sure, of course anyone sounds better if he only sings songs that fit his voice. But if you make him sing SCOM, Better, YCBM or PC, he won't sound as good as he did in 2010.

Still, he did an amazing job here!

This is probably true. But, each of songs have been sang well in the past 10 years. If he brought the same enthusiasm to those songs as songs like Hells bells, he could nail them. 

After watching these performances, I'm starting to think Axl just prefers a clean voice on some of the Guns stuff. It's clear as day that he can do it, he just did it for a full gig with few issues and he turns it on and off during the Guns set. IMO Axl just likes to sing Sweet child in a clean voice, besides the original wasn't particularly raspy: the rasp came with the subsequent live performances. The alternative is that there's certain keys that just push his voice more, and that GnR music is actually too low to get into that place. Listen to Out ta get me from the last gig, he was killing it just fine, but then SCOM and Paradise city clean with hints of rasp every now and again.

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Not to mention that those three guys, irrespective of the combination, have always been an incredible rhythm section, without which the whole thing would just fall apart.

And it's great to watch live. Maybe if someone has only seen it on youtube it might look a little dull, but it's really not. The precision and discipline of the way they do it is just kickass.

• Like 1

I saw a small news piece on Euronews earlier today covering the gig. They showed the rock or bust video and interviewed some fans who were full of praise for axl. 

The overall snippet was indeed very positive. Has anyone else seen it? 

15 hours ago, RJ88 said:

He isn't taking over. He's stepping in so they can finish this leg of their tour

Thanks for clarifying. I was completely unaware of this bit of information as I do not follow any fan forums, music websites, facebook, twitter, instagram, the news, etc.