05/13/16 - Marseille, France - Stade Velodrome

downzy

5 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I'll jump on the sofa and do somersaults if the play kicked in the teeth  

No, you'll jump on the sofa an TRY to do somersault, but you'll end up without some teeth....

• Like 1

I completely forgot about time zones and missed the majority of the best concert of 2016??? :scared: I hate myself so much, he sounds like he popped out of '87! This is getting ridiculous, his voice is aging backwards! FUCK, Axl, you fucking monster!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

More from ACDC' Forum:

"Me, I'm pleased Axl's being himself with his clothes and stuff. He's saying 'this is me, I'm here to sing AC/DC, but this is who I am'. I like characters. He most certainly is one!", "Is Axl the best prepared, most disciplined musician on the stage? What alternative universe is this?!", " Fantastic Hells Bells ", " Love how Axl sings the YSMANL verses ". Our boy is doing very well with ACDC's fans

ahahahahah, attaboy Axl, show them what you got.

• Like 1

I have one more update from acdc.net and i sware that i'll shut up about this ahahah but, they're bashing they band about Riff Raff playing: " Intro is bad and not just intro, but whole main riff through the song. I mean, it's ok, but it's supposed to be clean, not palm muted sound. I don't think it's Angus who is fucking up, but Stevie. Look at how he plays it. It's all down-picking. It's impossible to play it like that, I just tried it. I was looking vh1 video and Mal plays it with alternate-picking. Don't know why he plays it like that, it's way more harder and doesn't sound right." and they agree that GN'R sounds better doing Riff Raff: " Worst thing is, GNR sound better doing it."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

More from ACDC' Forum:

"Me, I'm pleased Axl's being himself with his clothes and stuff. He's saying 'this is me, I'm here to sing AC/DC, but this is who I am'. I like characters. He most certainly is one!", "Is Axl the best prepared, most disciplined musician on the stage? What alternative universe is this?!", " Fantastic Hells Bells ", " Love how Axl sings the YSMANL verses ". Our boy is doing very well with ACDC's fans

Wow.

Yet I dont agree with their big surprise of Axl being good. Maybe in the last years he didn't show his best but the man is a great artist, great performer, a rock icon. He's beyond the music and Guns N' Roses. The fact that many people are in awe now its because of his infamous fame, portrayed by media and haters in general. The huge damage his feud with Slash did is part of why all of these people were non-believers. But me being a longtime fan of GNR, sticking through the good and band, I had no doubts about him as a performer and singer.

6 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Ha! All of this stuff is before my time. I was born late 1985 so completely missed GN'R and AC/DC's heyday. I would pay so much money for a time machine back to see them and Zeppelin, etc. But I love the music regardless of when it was made. It's timeless rock and roll.

Yeah, well I did see GN'R heyday but right now discovering Ac/Dc through Axl feels different. I don't want to listen to the originals right now because I am more connected with this whole circus now, haha. Maybe when it's over I go back and check it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nelsontod said:

love it..never heard have a drink on me with so much sincerity

Lol, I was just thinking that this is the best version of the song, since I first heard the song on the album for the very first time.

2 minutes ago, nonok said:

I completely forgot about time zones and missed the majority of the best concert of 2016??? :scared: I hate myself so much, he sounds like he popped out of '87! This is getting ridiculous, his voice is aging backwards! FUCK, Axl, you fucking monster!

It's OK. The Periscope streams have been dropping in and out for many of us, so you aren't missing much. I gave up on Periscope and I'm just waiting to see YouTube videos later.

Edited by GNRfan2008

1 minute ago, FabioRoses said:

I have one more update from acdc.net and i sware that i'll shut up about this ahahah but, they're bashing they band about Riff Raff playing: " Intro is bad and not just intro, but whole main riff through the song. I mean, it's ok, but it's supposed to be clean, not palm muted sound. I don't think it's Angus who is fucking up, but Stevie. Look at how he plays it. It's all down-picking. It's impossible to play it like that, I just tried it. I was looking vh1 video and Mal plays it with alternate-picking. Don't know why he plays it like that, it's way more harder and doesn't sound right." and they agree that GN'R sounds better doing Riff Raff: " Worst thing is, GNR sound better doing it."

I enjoy these updates haha

2 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

Please, please don't stop. Your borrowed quotes from the ac/dc forum are one of the best parts of this whole experience!

• Like 1