05/13/16 - Marseille, France - Stade Velodrome

downzy

14 minutes ago, The Archer said:

...and I am just incredibly nervous about this. Running around the stage AND belting out AC/DC cannot be humanly possible, can it?

I don't think he'll be able to run. Bound to be doctor's orders to take it easy for the next few months. 

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

I don't think he'll be able to run. Bound to be doctor's orders to take it easy for the next few months. 

i hope you're right. I like the snake dancing and the manic end to end running as much as the next guy, but I could care less about some random internet cupcakes or media hacks complaining about Axl being chair bound. It's better for his personal health to give the foot time to heal and IMO for his vocal performance, to sit still.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Can he even run nowadays like he used to during the UYI tour? The last I ever saw axl running around was during the 2006 tour and then I didnt follow nu-GN'R beyond that 

5 minutes ago, gooner14 said:

Can he even run nowadays like he used to during the UYI tour? The last I ever saw axl running around was during the 2006 tour and then I didnt follow nu-GN'R beyond that 

From the videos I saw of 2014 performances, he has slowed down a lot from 2006 or even 2010. Throw in the foot issue and I expect him to be pretty still on stage even after he gets out of the chair. 

22 minutes ago, gooner14 said:

He still does a sprint to both ends of the stage at the end of Paradise City, but other than that not really

I don't think he's jumped off anything since Montreal 2010 when he fucked up his back after leaping off a piano

When Chris starts the count for Back In Black and it first comes in it is literally identical to the Donington version. If you closed your eyes you wouldn't know the difference. Incredible power and energy, and it's 25 years later! Axl killing it on top of that and you have one knockout performance.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GnR* said:

French tv 

Jouranlists... It says "ex leader of Guns N' Roses". And that Angus is the one working the show. They could at least highlight Axl's efforts. And of course they broadcast the one guy that can't do without Brian.

44 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Hopefully playing non stop rockers for a month will inspire Axl to write some of his own for the next GnR album ;) drop the bloated ballads and get back to making 4 minute balls to wall face rippers Ax man!!

I agree. I hope this experience makes him take stock and realize what it is he's actually good at. When you are one of the great hard rock singers, singing hard rock is what you should do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

I agree. I hope this experience makes him take stock and realize what it is he's actually good at. When you are one of the great hard rock singers, singing hard rock is what you should do.

He's great at both IMHO. A mixture would be nice.

• Like 2

If slash comes with more riffs like too far gone, wicked stone etc then those are the kind of high energy tracks axl needs to write material too. A ballad here or there would be great, we can't take those away from GN'R. November rain has the highest views on their channel. But lots of straighr up hard rock is what I want from guns 

• Like 2

November Rain is one thing, but when you watch Axl kicking ass on something like If You Want Blood, and then go look at This I Love from one of the reunion shows...you just have to wonder what the hell he's thinking with that stuff. 

• Like 1

That's why I gave up on guns post 2006; especially duriing that DJ ashba era and he came out wearing a yellow rain coat (?) Amongst other oddities.

Which is why I only listen to UYI, AFD era GN'R and follow slash's career and truthfully I've only started following guns again since the reunion.