05/19/16 - Vienna, Austra - Happel Stadium

downzy

2 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

But... but... that is not the same as watching blocky, far in the distance periscope streams. :lol: I can listen to music and read my course books at the same time.

watch the concertvideo's from the eighties on YouTube if you want blockyness

Edited by Ender04
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

Bon had a charm to him, and to be fair Cliff and Phil were decent looking lads in their prime. 

None of them were really bad looking, except maybe Mark Evans and Simon Wright. Even Angus as a tiny, fresh faced, curly haired lad at 5' 1&1/2" was very popular with the ladies - I remember reading some very old magazines in which Angus is extremely explicit about what he likes about women/the groupies that hung around the band. A far cry from the family friendly AC/DC we have now. Bon got the most women though. I think in some interview after his death, Angus mentioned that things were so crazy at times with Bon, that there were even fathers with guns coming to the bands shows looking for Bon to answer for what he'd been up to with their daughters, the last time he was in town. Exaggeration or not, he was a lady magnet.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Wasn't that the main reason why Cliff was hired, so he could attract more 'Sheilas' to the band with his looks? I remember reading something like this from Angus.

I've read this too. Angus joked about this just after Cliff had joined and Mark was booted. In terms of good looks, the whole group's average rating definitely went up a few notches with that happening.

Edited by The Archer
Edited for clarity

Since we have no periscopes, for all the recent comers to AC/DC, here's a look at something that you may have not heard before. It hasn't been played since '79, out of respect for the late, great Bon Scott. But, bagpipes and all, with a raw, young band from 1976, playing on a flat bed truck driving through Melbourne, the video and song are classic-

Edited by The Archer
Edited dates
  • Like 2

Just now, The Archer said:

Since we have no periscopes, for all the recent comers to AC/DC, here's a look at something that you may have not heard before. It hasn't been played since '76, out of respect for the late, great Bon Scott. But, bagpipes and all, with a raw, young band playing on a flat bed truck driving through Melbourne, the video and song are classic-

YISSS, blocky vid!

1 minute ago, The Archer said:

Since we have no periscopes, for all the recent comers to AC/DC, here's a look at something that you may have not heard before. It hasn't been played since '76, out of respect for the late, great Bon Scott. But, bagpipes and all, with a raw, young band playing on a flat bed truck driving through Melbourne, the video and song are classic-

hard for me to say because there are soooo many great Bon AC/DC songs but i gotta say this is my favorite. i mean how many songs ROCK the bagpipes?? really just an amazing song :wub:

1 minute ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

He sounds great... 

link????