05/22/16 - Prague, Czech Republic - Letnany Airport

downzy

10 minutes ago, RocketQueeen said:

So what's wrong with Axl here? Did he blow his throat or just has a flu? Touch Too Much sounds like shit and this is not a compliment...:shrugs:

It doesn't sound like a complete shit. There are some verses he applies a little rasp and clean voice sounds a bit weaker but it's not a disaster-

55 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Okay, two things:

1) Yes, I'm pretty sure Axl does have a cold. He was blowing and wiping his nose after practically every song in Vienna. I was surprised he was singing as well as he did in Vienna and even yesterday in Prague. A couple of off moments, sure, but still pretty awesome considering he's sick.

2) Yes, he does shower and change after the show. When I met him at the hotel after the show, he was wearing a shirt (the "The End" one) and jacket that he hadn't worn on stage. And I got pretty close to him and he definitely didn't smell. :P As for his pants, he might just have bought a couple of those. Or they get washed every day, whatever. But he definitely didn't smell bad or sweaty!

Well, seems like it really is just a health issue then. Let's give the guy a break...

I don't know how some people can bitch about this. Axl still sounds great, even if his voice at Prague was a bit weaker than past performances. You guys can judge him on some vocal dips in songs like For Those About to Rock, but that's only a small part of the entire thing. He sounds good on most of the songs (and even in parts of that song people are singling out!), and people who actually attended said it was great.

The show wasn't a fucking disaster.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That's the best description I've ever read of the "Mickey" voice. Accurate description of Rio 2011 most of all. :lol:

But on a serious note, I agree. The standing should make it easier because his chest is less compressed, and he's not running around so it's not a matter of breath. Just an off night.

Even if they're counting Top of the Pops it's wrong anyways because that was 1980. Conspiracy!

It might be time to retire "mickey" 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DanielitoCZ said:

Finally got home after the show and I must say - wow! What a fucking blast I had! Had too much tequilla the night before, so I arrived to Prague at 2pm, three hours later than planned. Luckily enough, I had my buddy waiting at the start of the line and managed to get there. He was waiting with Japanese girl that he met in the city on Saturday. She saw GN'R 20+ times including both Vegas nights. We all managed to get to the rail and close to the center of the stage.

The atmosphere at the front was great and so was the weather. It was the hottest day of the year so far. During the songs, everyone around me was dancing and enjoying themselves so I was a bit surprised coming here and saw comments about lame-ass crowd (I'm with Andy on this one). I think you can't expect 60k people jumping throughout the whole show unless you're in South America. There were also many people from all around the world so it's not all on Czech people, haha. Right behind us there was a guy from Vancouver who have tickets to see Guns in Seattle.

Speaking about Mr. Rose, I saw Guns two times in 2010 and 2012 and this was really a completely different Axl. Smilling all the time, cracking jokes (this time for real, haha). To those who were afraid that moving Axl won't be able to pull these songs the same way he did, he proved them wrong. I think there was a bit of an overreacting on the forum yesterday. He sounded just fine live and also on the videos I saw so far. His voice cracking from time to time is just a result of trying too hard.  And not that he was walking, but he was dancing most of the show. Even did a bit of the snakedance during one song. There was a "Touch Too Much" chant from the crowd, Axl heard that and said something like "I think we might do that" but the band started to play another song already. Before the encore he must agreed with Angus they're doing it. What a treat by Axl!

Also a lot of great press from Czech media and fans who attended the show. Many people who don't follow recent shows were afraid of Axl's behaviour because last GN'R show in Prague started like two hours late so everyone was surprised they started even 15 minut earlier last night. It feels so good that our favourite frontman is finally gaining back his lost credit, playing for those massive audiences. To me, he once again proved himself the legend he undoubtedly is.

You can check my first row videos:

I think it depended on which Periscope or Fb or whatever way we were watching. I myself only caught a small bit of the concert because I was chasing working links throughout, but a couple of the ones I saw the crowd that was shown was not dancing and appeared kind of grim. maybe they did not like being filmed? idk. but also the clapping sounded very quiet but again this was only from the perspective of the recordings I actually managed to see. a lot of people said the same thing about the Vegas 4-8-16 concert I was at but I was there and we were VERY loud and clapping and cheering so I can see how some things can be misconstrued. I have rewatched a lot of the videos from my concert and we were very supportive, singing along with almost every song and just very happy to see Axl, Slash and Duff once more! I love that you guys got them to do Touch Too Much which is my second favorite AC/DC song ( It's A Long Way To The Top is #1 for me ) and think Axl did well for his first time in concert. I think it will get better with time and also his health being better, he was definitely under the weather IMO. cheers! :)

I think Axl has been doing an amazing job.  He is not always going to give his BEST performance the guy is human, but he has been doing one hell of a job!  Think of All the adversity he has faced.  Fighting a cold through the Vienna and Prague Shows (It is obvious now) Dealing with a broken foot, the challenge and extreme scrutiny by the media performing with AC/DC.  Navigating through a complicated GNR reunion.  I read some horrible things in the press that would have in the past sent Axl off the rails, but he has handled it with professionalism and has worked hard through it all. He gives it his all every night. Being an Axl fan and following his career since the beginning, it is a great time to be a fan, and although the haters abound he is finally getting some of the respect that he deserves.   It is so nice seeing him smiling and enjoying himself up there.  I find myself smiling along with him.  As his fans we need to support the guy, not always be ready to pounce and waiting with a critique.  Not saying you don't have a right to an opinion, but I  think a lot of people forget when someone is truly singing live how hard it is to keep that same level through every performance.  Except for Hells Bells and For those about to Rock all the other songs sounded the same as previous performances to me.  Lets not jump the gun, "pun" ; ) We all have to see how it all plays out in the end. 

Edited by metalms
  • Like 4

Met all of the band expect Angus and Axl in front of Four seasons hotel. I saw Beta in the lobby so I suggest that Axls still there. Now went off to eat something. Will pass by the hotel after and hope to see Axl and ask about GnR european dates and new music.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

Awesome quality!!!

Great way to film a gig! Good video and performance but Axl clealry struggling at the top of those screams last night. Hope its just a cold and normal service resumes after a few days off. Still a really good performance though overall. 

3 hours ago, DanielitoCZ said:

Finally got home after the show and I must say - wow! What a fucking blast I had! Had too much tequilla the night before, so I arrived to Prague at 2pm, three hours later than planned. Luckily enough, I had my buddy waiting at the start of the line and managed to get there. He was waiting with Japanese girl that he met in the city on Saturday. She saw GN'R 20+ times including both Vegas nights. We all managed to get to the rail and close to the center of the stage.

The atmosphere at the front was great and so was the weather. It was the hottest day of the year so far. During the songs, everyone around me was dancing and enjoying themselves so I was a bit surprised coming here and saw comments about lame-ass crowd (I'm with Andy on this one). I think you can't expect 60k people jumping throughout the whole show unless you're in South America. There were also many people from all around the world so it's not all on Czech people, haha. Right behind us there was a guy from Vancouver who have tickets to see Guns in Seattle.

Speaking about Mr. Rose, I saw Guns two times in 2010 and 2012 and this was really a completely different Axl. Smilling all the time, cracking jokes (this time for real, haha). To those who were afraid that moving Axl won't be able to pull these songs the same way he did, he proved them wrong. I think there was a bit of an overreacting on the forum yesterday. He sounded just fine live and also on the videos I saw so far. His voice cracking from time to time is just a result of trying too hard.  And not that he was walking, but he was dancing most of the show. Even did a bit of the snakedance during one song. There was a "Touch Too Much" chant from the crowd, Axl heard that and said something like "I think we might do that" but the band started to play another song already. Before the encore he must agreed with Angus they're doing it. What a treat by Axl!

Also a lot of great press from Czech media and fans who attended the show. Many people who don't follow recent shows were afraid of Axl's behaviour because last GN'R show in Prague started like two hours late so everyone was surprised they started even 15 minut earlier last night. It feels so good that our favourite frontman is finally gaining back his lost credit, playing for those massive audiences. To me, he once again proved himself the legend he undoubtedly is.

You can check my first row videos:

Great review, thank you! I spoke with some friends about the show today and they all are really impressed by Axl's performance. Even a friend of mine who attended the show as an ACDC fan told me that Axl had been the best thing on the stage haha. He didn't like the way Angus ends every song (the jump and loud guitar to show who's the boss). You could really see that Axl was givin 150% and his stage presence was great. 

To the crowd...the sun, beer...hell of a combination for Czechs :sleeper:

• Like 1

Ah, I was disappointed to have to miss this one and just caught up on the videos. It's fantastic to see TTM finally make its way into the set. It would have been great to hear it with Axl at his best though. It's clear that Axl is struggling, particularly towards the end. FTATR was somewhat better than TTM, but just barely. He sounds much better on Hells Bells, Shoot To Thrill, Thunderstruck, the other big ones - and those songs are all mothers to sing. His screams on LTBR were pretty good too. Well, we're all often hard on Axl and while what he's been doing certainly isn't easy - I wouldn't call it full scale Mickey, but it is clear that he's down from the first few shows in which he was stellar. If this had been the first show, people would have been writing him off. I really hope he takes care of himself and keeps stuff in the tank till the UK shows.

Edit: Ouch. Just heard Dog eat Dog. He would have just killed this on one of the first shows. I think that they shouldn't experiment much till he is back in good vocal form.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 2