05/26/16 - Hamburg, Germany - Volksparkstadion

downzy

1 hour ago, GNRFan53 said:

Don't have to be all secret about it. :lol: it's the reason most of us are here.

Haha, I know. I’ve already seen six shows (one personally) and am longing for more :lol:

32 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I woke up this morning in a GREAT mood even though I had hardly any sleep because I knew it was AXL concert day! I am 100% addicted because of Axl. it'll be the same thing when the GN'R tour starts up afterwards too! :dance:sorry you are going to maybe miss it but there's always the great videos we get from the kind people here on the forum :) 

I know the feeling. Watching it live is a way more exciting.  Maybe I should get used to it. Once the gnr tour starts - due to the time zones - my chances to watch the live streaming will correspond to the name of the tour.  :ph34r:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, killuridols said:

HA HA!
But I never payed much attention to him. I used to say "that crazy guitarist from AC/DC" :lol: but now............................ I've been THUNDERSTRUCK!! :awesomeface:

When I was growing up, I thought that the dude was a little bit of a phenomenon. He still is in many respects. There was a time when he was still boyishly good looking and flippant and despite his obvious talent, the whole schoolboy thing was probably not much more than a gimmick. But, even though he now has that weird gollum-going-full-on-crazy-and-come-to-life-when-on-stage persona, there is no doubt that he is one of the most iconic symbols in Rock N' Roll and that his dedication and fierce love for what he is doing is a big part of the tremendous following that the band has.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Archer said:

When I was growing up, I thought that the dude was a little bit of a phenomenon. He still is in many respects. There was a time when he was still boyishly good looking and flippant and despite his obvious talent the whole schoolboy thing was probably not much more of a gimmick. But, even though he now has that weird gollum-going-full-on-crazy-and-come-to-life-when-on-stage persona, there is no doubt that he is one of the most iconic symbols in Rock N' Roll and that his dedication and fierce love for what he is doing is a big part of the tremendous following that the band has.

When I learned about AC/DC was the same time that I learned about GN'R and other bands, so by the time, ACDC was too much for me because I was like 12 or 13 and ACDC are like 2 generation behind me. My thing was GN'R, I lived my teen years through the 90's and I was too much of an innocent kid, still kind playing with toys, so the whole ACDC stuff was too heavy for my mind, with the Satan worship and I was a girl, basically, raised in a Catholic family. It was kind of difficult to relate to them when I was a teenager. I remember not liking Brian's voice and Angus was like a freak to me too. But I wasn't interested, really, so aside from the hits, I didn't know much.

Now that I've matured and got rid of a lot of baggage and this thing of them with Axl has helped me re-discover this band and I dont see any of them as freaks or anything, I dont have prejudices and the lyrics do not affect me like they would have when I was a little girl. So I think it's a good time to start enjoying more of this band and with Axl's voice.. omg, what else could I have asked for? :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Archer said:

Dude, you are one of the absolute best posters in this forum to have around during a live show.

haha thanks, but It's really not that hard. Just use twitter search, write ''AC DC'' or ''AC DC periscope'' and then click on live tweets and hope for the best :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

When I learned about AC/DC was the same time that I learned about GN'R and other bands, so by the time, ACDC was too much for me because I was like 12 or 13 and ACDC are like 2 generation behind me. My thing was GN'R, I lived my teen years through the 90's and I was too much of an innocent kid, still kind playing with toys, so the whole ACDC stuff was too heavy for my mind, with the Satan worship and I was a girl, basically, raised in a Catholic family. It was kind of difficult to relate to them when I was a teenager. I remember not liking Brian's voice and Angus was like a freak to me too. But I wasn't interested, really, so aside from the hits, I didn't know much.

Now that I've matured and got rid of a lot of baggage and this thing of them with Axl has helped me re-discover this band and I dont see any of them as freaks or anything, I dont have prejudices and the lyrics do not affect me like they would have when I was a little girl. So I think it's a good time to start enjoying more of this band and with Axl's voice.. omg, what else could I have asked for? :)

GN'R was a huge part of my growing up experience but AC/DC has always had a unique and vital place in my love for Rock N' Roll. The whole 'satanic'/'devil-worshipping'Anti-Christ/Devil's-Children' bullshit was just that - bullshit. They were never ever even remotely satanists or devil worshippers. They took the name AC/DC when Angus' and Malcolm's sister saw the letters on her vacuum machine and suggested that as a name and they loved the connotations that it had to electricity and power. AC/DC was always Malcolm's band - he was the founder and he put it in on record that if they would have ever gone near anything 'satanic' in their music, his 'mom would have killed him'. Bon's pentagram locket on the Highway to Hell cover and the devil's horns and 'Satan get me' and ' if good is on the right, i'm sticking to the left', were all just cheeky fun - they played up the 'dangerous/evil' aspect out of a sense of fun, because "Rock N' Roll' was considered a bad influence. That's what it is all about for them, in fact. It's what makes AC/DC unique from any other band - their music is not about angst, or an outlet for depression, or politics, or teenage love, or family problems or society's ills; it's about just one thing. Rock N' Roll.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Archer said:

That's what it is all about for them, in fact. It's what makes AC/DC unique from any other band - their music is not about angst, or an outlet for depression, or politics, or teenage love, or family problems, it's about just that one thing. Rock N' Roll.

Exactly. And that's why it didnt click for me when I was a teen but GN'R did. I had teenage angst, depression, family problems and all that stuff in the GN'R lyrics. Could have never related to the "whole lotta rosie" experience back then :P

• Like 2

Just now, killuridols said:

Exactly. And that's why it didnt click for me when I was a teen but GN'R did. I had teenage angst, depression, family problems and all that stuff in the GN'R lyrics. Could have never related to the "whole lotta rosie" experience back then :P

:lol:. Yeah - Axl's lyrics and GN'Rs music in general really, really resonate with some people on a much more deeper level than it does for most. Totally get that.

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The same for me. It sounds sappy but I used to cling to GnR music in my younger years :) 

4 minutes ago, The Archer said:

:lol:. Yeah - Axl's lyrics and GN'Rs music in general really, really resonate with some people on a much more deeper level than it does for most. Totally get that.

Uh huh and when I said AC/DC was "too heavy" for my mind, I really meant that their lyrics about women, hell, booze, sex, fat Rosie, "too many women too many pills", it was too much for me.

Not that GN'R lyrics weren't sleazy but with the Illusions, lyrics took a whole new dimension from AFD.

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

There's no such thing as liking Angus too much - he's one of the best performers of all time. 

it's funny because back in the day I never got to see any videos or concert footage of AC/DC because they weren't online and if memory serves Bon era AC/DC was before MTV. but now I am getting to see Angus and he's a BEAST even at his age! and my husband who loves AC/DC is a font of knowledge about how Angus was when he was young so i'm having fun being schooled on him by hubby :P my husband is a musician, he can play virtually any instrument but when he played professionally he was a guitarist and was ( actually still is ) really great. when we met and he told me he was one and wanted to play for me I was inwardly cringing because I had dated guys who were "guitarists" before and who absolutely sucked. so when hubby played for me I was quite pleasantly impressed! :)