06/01/16 - Leipzig, Germany - Red Bull Arena

downzy

11 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

back in black 

So cool to see Axl like this. Confident, king of the stage again. Compared to 2011-14 where he looked like ashamed of himself or something. He knows hes great again, and it shows. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexC said:

The entire Prague show is on YouTube filmed by a guy in the front row with an awesome camera and Axl sounds brilliant throughout the entire show. I watched it the other day and it completely changed my opinion of that show.

The Prague show, so far, is the one where Axl got LOOSE.

He went all-crazy for Back in Black

No holding back

No control

Rock n roll, just like he used to do!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexC said:

The entire Prague show is on YouTube filmed by a guy in the front row with an awesome camera and Axl sounds brilliant throughout the entire show. I watched it the other day and it completely changed my opinion of that show.

Thanks for tipping me off to this.  Watching the Prague show now and I have to agree.   I think the audio on a lot of these fan shot camera phones when the music is so loud becomes distorted. this sounds and looks great! 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

back in black 

That is the Axl Rose that I grew up with. The Axl Rose that burst into the music scene and kicked its ass for a couple of years. 

If this is how Axl would have handled the last 20 years, then he would be the unquestionable best hard rock singer of all time.

Axl spent 14 years and 14 million dollars trying to create a masterpiece. He wanted the next round of Nov Rain and Estranged type songs. But if he would have put out 4-5 albums full of songs like Back in Black, Nightrain, You Could Be Mine and Rocketqueen - and he sang those songs like he is doing on this ACDC tour - there is no doubt in my mind that the general conversation wouldn't be who was the GOAT of all time for hard rock. But he question would be "After Axl, who is the second best of all time?"

At this point, I would rather go see an Axl-ACDC show than this reunion tour. Partially because I've already seen Guns several times. But mainly because Axl is performing as good as he ever has in his entire career. Maybe it's because it's a new batch of songs for him (it's got to get old singing SCOM for the 700th time). Maybe he is fulfilling a childhood fantasy. Or maybe the songs just fall into his vocal wheel range. But unless GnR starts playing 4-5 new songs on their tour, I would rather pay to go see Axl flat out kicking ass with ACDC. 

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Christ, there's an image...*throws up a little*

Speak for yourself, I was enjoying that image. Would have been way hotter 25 years ago though, admittedly.

Seriously though, it's good so see Axl so confident and happy on stage. And he sounds great too! What we're doing here is complaining on a high level. I just remembered the past couple years... the singing... the horrible moustache... Things are better now than they've been in a long time.

Edited by Lumikki

Unfortunately, I couldn't catch the show in real time today. Just finished catching up on all the videos, comments and pics right now. But, judging from the videos - Axl sounds great for the most part. Dirty Deeds and TNT have really grown on me. Axl's confident swagger up and down the ramp while all those thousands and thousands of red devil horns were flashing in that sea of AC/DC fans all shouting back at him with their fists in the air - that's something he's probably never imagined. Axl still channels Bon much better on something like Highway to Hell. He was fantastic on Thunderstruck and Black in Black. There were moments when he was bringing out some of the tricks from his toolbox as a top of the line frontman. His joke before BIB started on Olle Fabeck's (as others have pointed out - that guys videos are awesome and he is the @SONOFABITCH of ac/dc videos) video, was hilarious - 'here's another song that I have no fucking part of writing at all' hahaha Chris slade was laughing too. But then Axl launches into the song and he was just superb - his upward thrust of his hand to the sky when he sings "i've been looking at the sky 'cause it's getting me high' was cool and the way he struts around all through the song with THOSE vocals, were just amazing. The way he talks to the crowd too has been great - it has to be a big part of why he's winning AC/DC fans over. I thought that Shoot to Thrill, FTATR and Hells bells were great but just a notch down from the level we are used to (and those are tough songs to sing). is it just me or is Given the dog a bone one of the best songs of the Axl/DC pairing?

Also, it has to be said - it's a miracle that Angus' knees are holding up at his age after all these years of the things he does with it on the stage.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kosonen said:

So cool to see Axl like this. Confident, king of the stage again. Compared to 2011-14 where he looked like ashamed of himself or something. He knows hes great again, and it shows. 

YES HE'S BAAACK!!! These performances, the history he's writing right now, 20 years later, seriously, is like a phoenix rising from ashes. It's amazing, I'm so proud of him. Axl, The Great :axl: