06/04/16 - London, England - The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

downzy

On 6/2/2016 at 10:17 PM, Lindy100 said:

Is anyone meeting up before the show?  I'm meeting with a couple of friends I met in Vegas, probably somewhere in Westfield shopping centre for a few drinks beforehand. Got my Axl/DC t-shirt and I can't wait for Saturday!!! :headbang:

Four of us who also met in Vegas will be meeting up for drinks in Shoreditch - all welcome....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HomeFuck79 said:

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. In London for the gig tomorrow. Hung out outside the hotel earlier on. A few people waiting around.  Not much goin on.I have my girlfriend with me and her idea of fun is most definitely not hanging around outside a hotel for a few hours a time. So ( much to my annoyance) we left to take a walk around Central London. As we were approaching Regent Street, I spotted a familiar face across the street.....Duff!!! 

I nearly lost my shit! He was sitting out side a Pret a Manger with his wife. I debated approaching him as the last thing you want to be is a pain in the ass ignorant fan. Fuck it. I crossed the street and said hello as I walked by. He was super cool and friendly. I told him I was nearby waiting to see Axl. Duff asked me where he was staying. I reckon he will be at the gig tomorrow. I apologised for interrupting his lunch and said I loved his books and hoped that he would write a third book chronicling the reunion. He thanked me and I wished him luck for tour. Super nice guy.

I couldn't think straight for about an hour afterwards. Lol.

They say you should never meet your heroes. Fuck that shit! Roll on tomorrow!

For those asking about Duff

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't want to piss on anyone's bonfire cos it's seriously cool that duff is in London and all....but how come he's there and he doesn't even know where Axl is stayin? 

you would think he would phone or text him at least, or maybe Axl isn't answering his phone. 

I just find it odd that duff wouldn't know where Axl is :/

I found that weird too.... Very very strange.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Angus was at one of the GN'R concerts... maybe Slash & Duff are going to be at one of the AC/DC concerts?

Not gonna happen - AC/DC has never had a guest appear with them before, it's just not their thing. 

3 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Not gonna happen - AC/DC has never had a guest appear with them before, it's just not their thing. 

I know about that very well. They just had Steven Tyler at the HOF. But Angus' guest appearance at the GN'R concert was unexpected as well…

Edited by Sosso

3 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

they have some bloke called axl appearing with them as a guest :) 

9 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I know about that very well. They just had Steven Tyler at the HOF. But Angus' guest appearance at the GN'R concert was unexpected as well…

Not really - Angus will guest with other artists from time to time, most notably he's guested with Cheap Trick, and him and Mal guested with the Stones several times in 2003. It's not common, but not unprecedented.

6 minutes ago, donny said:

they have some bloke called axl appearing with them as a guest :) 

Axl is a substitute, as was Stevie in 1988. I'm talking in the sense of someone coming onstage for a song or two, that's never happened. 

19 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl: "I think I heard a request from someone in the audience...so we are going to give this a try" 

Angus: "what...yiss we are not...I heard no request.." 

Axl: "ladies and gentlemen I have a couple friends to introduce to you...but first...'do you know where the f*ck you are'"? 

Angus "shit..."

:rofl-lol:

slash shared the stage with angus at coachella and it didn't take long for slash to work out who the superior was and decided to stand at the back. i dont think he will want to do it again. 

Does anyone think it's possible they are there for some finishing touches on something with Axl in a studio there? 

Any sightings of Richard or Frank et al? If they show up, then probably a surprise GnR show to announce a European tour. 

I'm thinking the big 3 there for a press conference/ tour announcement, personally... I guess we will maybe know more tomorrow! Looks like an afternoon of getting blasted & watching periscope tomorrow for me.... I trust the hunch of the more knowledgeable ACDC fans here that it's not a guest spot with them...

11 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Does anyone think it's possible they are there for some finishing touches on something with Axl in a studio there? 

Any sightings of Richard or Frank et al? If they show up, then probably a surprise GnR show to announce a European tour. 

I'm thinking the big 3 there for a press conference/ tour announcement, personally... I guess we will maybe know more tomorrow! Looks like an afternoon of getting blasted & watching periscope tomorrow for me.... I trust the hunch of the more knowledgeable ACDC fans here that it's not a guest spot with them...

No chance it's for recording anything, but possible that they were going to meet with some promoters about getting gnr gigs settled on and possibly they just wanted to see Axl perform with ACDC! Great reason to take a vacation before you go on a summer tour

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

No chance it's for recording anything, but possible that they were going to meet with some promoters about getting gnr gigs settled on and possibly they just wanted to see Axl perform with ACDC! Great reason to take a vacation before you go on a summer tour

I doubt the recording theory as well, but I thought I'd check the opinions around here. 

I just can't see them flying halfway across the globe from LA just to see Axl/DC either though. But hell, maybe so.

I'm leaning more & more to European Tour matters...