06/04/16 - London, England - The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

downzy

19 minutes ago, James Bond said:

For those worried about Duff asking what hotel Axl is staying at - context is everything.

The guy who posted it said he told Duff that he was hoping to meet Axl, to which Duff replied, "Do you know where he's staying?"

I immediately took that as Duff making sure the guy was waiting at the right hotel and, being the nice guy he is, would point him in the direction of the right hotel if the fan had had misinformation. I didn't take that to mean Duff literally didn't know where Axl was staying.

See? It's all in how you read things. I know this is the land of Guns N' Roses but not everything is a conspiracy. ;)

Not saying it is a conspirancy but what you point out would fit more in the land of "tone" instead of context. The problem with not being able to distinguish tone when reading stuff here.

"Do you know where he's staying?" could mean both things (that he's asking the guy for the address or making sure the guy knows the right address) but it depends on the tone he used to ask that.

What is also odd to me is that there aren't pics of Duff in London, while there are like 4-5 of Slash and another big question is why this guy didn't ask Duff if he was there to see Axl. Sounds like the fan assumed Duff was there for Axl and Axl only.

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not saying it is a conspirancy but what you point out would fit more in the land of "tone" instead of context. The problem with not being able to distinguish tone when reading stuff here.

"Do you know where he's staying?" could mean both things (that he's asking the guy for the address or making sure the guy knows the right address) but it depends on the tone he used to ask that.

What is also odd to me is that there aren't pics of Duff in London, while there are like 4-5 of Slash and another big question is why this guy didn't ask Duff if he was there to see Axl. Sounds like the fan assumed Duff was there for Axl and Axl only.

You have a point with the tone too, but I was referring to the actual situation which would indeed be the context. But I guess we'll save that for English class. ;)

Of course, the tone of Duff's voice would dictate one or the other but we have no way of knowing as of yet because the poster didn't specify. I was just basing that off what people were saying. In that situation, it would make perfect sense as to why Duff would ask if he knew what hotel Axl was at.

I agree that it's strange there's no pictures of Duff but I guess time will tell. All I wanted to do was offer the other side of interpretation for what Duff said.

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

You have a point with the tone too, but I was referring to the actual situation which would indeed be the context. But I guess we'll save that for English class. ;)

Of course, the tone of Duff's voice would dictate one or the other but we have no way of knowing as of yet because the poster didn't specify. I was just basing that off what people were saying. In that situation, it would make perfect sense as to why Duff would ask if he knew what hotel Axl was at.

I agree that it's strange there's no pictures of Duff but I guess time will tell. All I wanted to do was offer the other side of interpretation for what Duff said.

Cool. I wish this poster would come back and clarify some things because it's all confusing right now.

• Like 1

well what i know duff aint a fool, he is a clever man. a fan in the street asking a few questions aint gonna make him spill the beans on stuff like studio time, guest appearances, european tours or anything else. im sure most of his answers to secret in the planning stage stuff will be in a sarcastic/comical way 

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Cool. I wish this poster would come back and clarify some things because it's all confusing right now.

That's part of the problem. While it's great information and all that it seems to have caused more questions than answers. Life of a Guns fan!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, donny said:

slash shared the stage with angus at coachella and it didn't take long for slash to work out who the superior was and decided to stand at the back. i dont think he will want to do it again. 

It was weird to see him as a rhythm guitarist.

18 minutes ago, donny said:

it wan't just me that spotted slash's demise and sent to the back when angus took to the stage then ? 

I spotted that too. And I felt that he wasn't full of joy with that situation. Unlike Richard or Frank.

Edited by Sosso

Slash slid to the back bc it was Angus's song! He gave Angus a huge hug at the end and based on the big smile on his face he enjoyed getting the opportunity to share the stage with a legend like Angus...it looked more like respect than Slash getting overshadowed. 

Slash is a better guitarist anyways but Angus has the stage presence. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Archer said:

Yeah, those people. They are likely waiting in the wings to complain, the moment anything goes even the least bit wrong. Just wait for the Not in this Lifetime tour to start. Even the faintest indication of Mickey will be blamed on Axl/DC.

We'll find out Axl got the shits from some bad chicken wings and it'll be because of AC/DC.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

We'll find out Axl got the shits from some bad chicken wings and it'll be because of AC/DC.

Obviously it will because he doesn't care enough.

As an added aside: I am disappointed that I won't be able to hang out and watch this thread and try to find periscopes with everyone. I'll be traveling all day and will miss the excitement. This is the one AC/DC show I wanted to catch.

Edited by sanity_lost
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Slash slid to the back bc it was Angus's song! He gave Angus a huge hug at the end and based on the big smile on his face he enjoyed getting the opportunity to share the stage with a legend like Angus...it looked more like respect than Slash getting overshadowed. 

Slash is a better guitarist anyways but Angus has the stage presence. 

i disagree with most of that and lets be honest, if slash could upstage angus it would be because angus plays his own stuff and slash would be playing yet another cover song. angus's party trick is to play one handed during let there be rock and slash's party trick is to play the godfather theme for example. 

6 hours ago, Epson said:

From this post it's 16 hours to go.

5.30am Sunday morning in Eastern Australia, ummmm maybe too early for me. Can we update the countdown, it's a great idea so everyone knows exactly how to work out when they start?

16 hours

5 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl: "I think I heard a request from someone in the audience...so we are going to give this a try" 

Angus: "what...yiss we are not...I heard no request.." 

Axl: "ladies and gentlemen I have a couple friends to introduce to you...but first...'do you know where the f*ck you are'"? 

Angus "shit..."

Think We should make thread "The Adventure of grandpa Angus N' uncle Axl"

I couldnt imagine wht reaction Axl gonna make after read this

:rofl-lol:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, donny said:

i disagree with most of that and lets be honest, if slash could upstage angus it would be because angus plays his own stuff and slash would be playing yet another cover song. angus's party trick is to play one handed during let there be rock and slash's party trick is to play the godfather theme for example. 

I think Slashs party trick is when he plays the guitar behind his back, and sometimes with his teeth. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl: "I think I heard a request from someone in the audience...so we are going to give this a try" 

Angus: "what...yiss we are not...I heard no request.." 

Axl: "ladies and gentlemen I have a couple friends to introduce to you...but first...'do you know where the f*ck you are'"? 

Angus "shit..."

Poor Angus. He kept saying Yiss!Yiss! in that hybrid Aussie-Scottish on that interview with Axl, instead of yeah, yeah or uh-huh, uh-huh or even yes, yes and now this joke is never going to die on here.