06/09/16 - Manchester, England - Etihad Stadium

downzy

2 hours ago, GivenToFly said:

I saw AC/DC last year too and I'd say this show was somewhat better (bar my hearing issues unfortunately). Axl too was more entertaining to watch (and of course sounded so much better) than the last time I saw him in 2012.

I don't think he's quite as flawless as you guys are making him out to be. He is as good at screaming as humanly possible but pretty bad at normal singing. I noticed on quite a few songs that follow this low verse - high chorus - high verse - high chorus template that he sounded bad on this first verse but good on the rest of the song and that left you feeling like he did a good job. And he did overall. Only outright sucked on TNT and Sin City (when you sing 'aint got no gun aint got no knife but dont you start no fight' you can't sing it like that! sounds funny in a very bad way). Ranged from good enough to great on everything else with the usual highlights, Thunderstruck, Shoot to thrill etc. 

Also benefits from the fact that the crowd sings along on everything. Of all the acts I've seen none had crowds showing more enthusiasm and energy than ACDC fans. None even comes close. Not a Manchester thing either. I've seen them 3 times now in three different countries and each time the crowd simply blew me away! Manchester was the best of the three though. (Other two are Belgrade and Oslo)

I do worry about the GNR tour though. My guess is he will sound great on a third to half of the songs and pretty weak on the rest. He could take advantage of his current strengths and avoid his current weaknesses by changing the set quite a bit but that's almost certain not to happen.

Nice to meet you yesterday. That's a much more precise recollection than mine but I don't have much of a musically discerning ear, I know that, so it all sounded great to me. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the show and hope you have a good time in York.

8 hours ago, rock4eva said:

What a great find, strange to see 2 singers in a band without instruments. I don't know if Bon played anything, someone might know.

i found more too, they did a coca cola ad back in '69, i don't think it played here in the states, did it play there? Bon is so cute and young here i just love him so much!:wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jQk4EgcVFU

p.s. if you let it play after the coke jingle there are some more early Bon videos. there is one called Every Day I Have To Cry and it shows pics of Bon as a kid he is just so freaking cute! :) 

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

I'm listening to the boot of this show (that you can find in the download section). Not only is it a great audience recording (i highly recommend), but both Axl and the band sound great so far to me. Don't waste your time with the videos, go listen instead.

I usually hate/ avoid audience boots, but I'm really digging this one.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It looks like the first episode of a week long run of Come Dine With Me - the very first episode: pleasant and friendly but with a  certain British social anxiety in the air.

As we all get older and mature, MYGNR Come Dine With Me would be what this forum evolves into.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexC said:

Here's my review of the show:

We started queuing at 1 so that we could get right to the front on the right of the walkway as I always thought that would be the best place to be for some reason, and yes, that's the place we ended up. But because we'd been waiting and waiting in ridiculous heat for over 7 hours by the time AC/DC started we were fucking exhausted and the crowd was rowdy, I mean violently rowdy at the front. I've been on the barriers to see Slipknot and the crowd wasn't as insane as this. It actually pissed me off a bit as we'd waited for hours to get to that position and as soon as Rock or Bust started a bunch of drunken cunts were elbowing there way past us but because you were stuck and literally couldn't move you couldn't really do anything about it. It ruined a big part of the show for us to be honest and my mates girlfriend had to get dragged out as her arm nearly got broken.

Anyway, aside from being surrounded by assholes the show was truly phenomenal. Seeing Axl so close is actually quite overwhelming. His stage presence is incredible, watching him belt out classic AC/DC songs is just amazing. I'm not gonna bother telling you how great he sounded and on what songs he did the best on as you can all hear that from the footage. I will say this though, except for T.N.T he seemed to slightly add some rasp on his vocals to songs he often sings clean and has dirtied them up a bit such as HAaBPtB, DDDDC, SC and HtH. His control was superior to the other shows since he's been standing again as far as I could tell as well.

But to experience this show live and close up is magic. Axl is one cool motherfucker and looks brilliant. He actually looks 1000x better in person than on photos etc. And he looked so happy throughout the show and seemed to enjoy watching Angus as much as we all did. Absolutely sensational frontman and to see him up close doing this well was worth all the waiting and pain and you just kind of forget everything else as you're mesmerized for two hours.

I really can't wait for the GN'R tour but if i have to go to Manchester I'm not going right to the barriers again haha, it's overrated :P

One more thing. Angus Young is an absolute machine, he makes you tired just watching him.

Highlights: Axl and Angus first coming on stage to Rock or Bust. High Voltage, Hells Bells, Angus's Let There Be Rock Solo (Yes I take it all back, in person it's glorious) and For Those About to Rock.

Also, for you people curious about the hat situation. Axl didn't wear anything on his head until around Dirty Deeds or possibly a tad earlier as he put his blue bandana on, which was awesome. He didn't put his hat on until Hells Bells and kept it on until the encore, for the encore he wore his white jacket and red bandana, he looked like Tokyo '92 during Paradise City it was the best thing EVER. Haha :P

very nice review!!! well done you :D

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

very nice review!!! well done you :D

great review ... thanx

3 hours ago, AlexC said:

Here's my review of the show:

We started queuing at 1 so that we could get right to the front on the right of the walkway as I always thought that would be the best place to be for some reason, and yes, that's the place we ended up. But because we'd been waiting and waiting in ridiculous heat for over 7 hours by the time AC/DC started we were fucking exhausted and the crowd was rowdy, I mean violently rowdy at the front. I've been on the barriers to see Slipknot and the crowd wasn't as insane as this. It actually pissed me off a bit as we'd waited for hours to get to that position and as soon as Rock or Bust started a bunch of drunken cunts were elbowing there way past us but because you were stuck and literally couldn't move you couldn't really do anything about it. It ruined a big part of the show for us to be honest and my mates girlfriend had to get dragged out as her arm nearly got broken.

Anyway, aside from being surrounded by assholes the show was truly phenomenal. Seeing Axl so close is actually quite overwhelming. His stage presence is incredible, watching him belt out classic AC/DC songs is just amazing. I'm not gonna bother telling you how great he sounded and on what songs he did the best on as you can all hear that from the footage. I will say this though, except for T.N.T he seemed to slightly add some rasp on his vocals to songs he often sings clean and has dirtied them up a bit such as HAaBPtB, DDDDC, SC and HtH. His control was superior to the other shows since he's been standing again as far as I could tell as well.

But to experience this show live and close up is magic. Axl is one cool motherfucker and looks brilliant. He actually looks 1000x better in person than on photos etc. And he looked so happy throughout the show and seemed to enjoy watching Angus as much as we all did. Absolutely sensational frontman and to see him up close doing this well was worth all the waiting and pain and you just kind of forget everything else as you're mesmerized for two hours.

I really can't wait for the GN'R tour but if i have to go to Manchester I'm not going right to the barriers again haha, it's overrated :P

One more thing. Angus Young is an absolute machine, he makes you tired just watching him.

Highlights: Axl and Angus first coming on stage to Rock or Bust. High Voltage, Hells Bells, Angus's Let There Be Rock Solo (Yes I take it all back, in person it's glorious) and For Those About to Rock.

Also, for you people curious about the hat situation. Axl didn't wear anything on his head until around Dirty Deeds or possibly a tad earlier as he put his blue bandana on, which was awesome. He didn't put his hat on until Hells Bells and kept it on until the encore, for the encore he wore his white jacket and red bandana, he looked like Tokyo '92 during Paradise City it was the best thing EVER. Haha :P

im happy for you that you went and that you saw it and that you felt it and that ... you could not do anything else but surrender...

it is indeed  glorious in person ... Angus let there be rock solo .... and i know... it more or less looks silly on video taken from a phone...

but its...as you say ... a thing to experience before you can understand...

and i also felt it .... even just by watching videos...that it was by far the best show .... everybody felt so much relaxed and that they had accomplished something and now they were just this awesome band playing like no other band on the planet ..

great review ... thanx

Edited by night prowler