06/12/16 - Aarhus, Denmark - Ceres Park

downzy

9 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

Back from the concert!! I was in the que all day long and got to the front! I was actually in the corner so I had the main stage infront of me, and the catwalk on my side! So I could just rotate wherever Axl was :lol:It was the best concert I have EVER been to!!!!! AXL WAS ON FIRE!!!! Rocking the GnR style, and dancing like a maniac at times! A lot of classic GnR moves in there as well, so I was in heaven!!! He came over to me a couple of times during the concert and I was pointing at my Axl Rose shirt, and he just kept staring at it haha:lol:His vocals were INSANE. And let me tell you, the photos don't do him any favours! He was really fit!

So. After the concert I met up with this lovely girl, Hanne, which I met at the concert. We had planned on going to a hotel we thought he might be staying at. About an hour after we went there, his crew came and told us to line up, and "he" would take photos with us!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!! I was gonna meet AXL ROSE!!! I was shaking and almost crying at a moment there, haha. He came, we talked and laughed. I told him it was the best concert I've ever been to. He replied "was it the only one you've been to?" LOL. We just laughed. We talked a bit about coachella and he signed both my t-shirt AND my GnR tattoo! I need to find a tattoo shop in the morning... Before he left, I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek! I couldn't help it. He was in good spirits! And took his time with everyone. Now, I'm back in my hotel room, listening to GnR on my headphones, writing this, posting photos, and I'm just praying I wont wake up and it was all a dream.

2016-06-13 03.42.12.jpg

2016-06-13 03.40.10.jpg

2016-06-13 03.41.21.jpg

Ahhhh the face on your shirt is matching his actual face!! :wub:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

Back from the concert!! I was in the que all day long and got to the front! I was actually in the corner so I had the main stage infront of me, and the catwalk on my side! So I could just rotate wherever Axl was :lol:It was the best concert I have EVER been to!!!!! AXL WAS ON FIRE!!!! Rocking the GnR style, and dancing like a maniac at times! A lot of classic GnR moves in there as well, so I was in heaven!!! He came over to me a couple of times during the concert and I was pointing at my Axl Rose shirt, and he just kept staring at it haha:lol:His vocals were INSANE. And let me tell you, the photos don't do him any favours! He was really fit!

So. After the concert I met up with this lovely girl, Hanne, which I met at the concert. We had planned on going to a hotel we thought he might be staying at. About an hour after we went there, his crew came and told us to line up, and "he" would take photos with us!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!! I was gonna meet AXL ROSE!!! I was shaking and almost crying at a moment there, haha. He came, we talked and laughed. I told him it was the best concert I've ever been to. He replied "was it the only one you've been to?" LOL. We just laughed. We talked a bit about coachella and he signed both my t-shirt AND my GnR tattoo! I need to find a tattoo shop in the morning... Before he left, I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek! I couldn't help it. He was in good spirits! And took his time with everyone. Now, I'm back in my hotel room, listening to GnR on my headphones, writing this, posting photos, and I'm just praying I wont wake up and it was all a dream.

2016-06-13 03.42.12.jpg

2016-06-13 03.40.10.jpg

2016-06-13 03.41.21.jpg

Fantastic. Congrats. 

I told him it was the best concert I've ever been to. He replied "was it the only one you've been to?" LOL. We just laughed.:lol: Hilarious.

It's good to see he is not just in great vocal form but in great spirits and at ease with fans and even making laughing at himself.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

2016-06-13 03.42.12.jpg

2016-06-13 03.40.10.jpg

2016-06-13 03.41.21.jpg

I can only dream of having such a great experience! Congrats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorwegianGirl said:

2016-06-13 03.42.12.jpg

2016-06-13 03.40.10.jpg

2016-06-13 03.41.21.jpg

:wow:

The signature looks so smooth!!!  I guess it helps you've got zero fat over there :PYou need to find a tattoo artist ASAP.

Amazing experience!!

Cant believe so many people are meeting him and having a blast. I hope he keeps this good mood and will to meet fans for the entire tour :nervous:

• Like 1

Axl's voice on Touch Too Much covered some great range and showed off how far his voice has come this year. Whoever his vocal coach is has his high notes getting dangerously close to late 80's Axl, while his rasp is being used brilliantly to bring back that early 90's Axl. He has such a distinct voice that I love the fact that it is currently being put on display in the best possible way. 

I'm blown away by Axl's voice right now, I didn't think he could hit some of the notes he's hitting with ease. 

It's another one of those performances that you can close your eyes and hear 26 year old Axl. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl's voice on Touch Too Much covered some great range and showed off how far his voice has come this year. Whoever his vocal coach is has his high notes getting dangerously close to late 80's Axl, while his rasp is being used brilliantly to bring back that early 90's Axl. He has such a distinct voice that I love the fact that it is currently being put on display in the best possible way. 

I'm blown away by Axl's voice right now, I didn't think he could hit some of the notes he's hitting with ease. 

It's another one of those performances that you can close your eyes and hear 26 year old Axl. 

I was thinking about the vocal coach earlier, Axl said it's one from 20 years ago - that would be Ron Anderson wouldn't it?

And yup, if you time traveled to 2014 and played me a clip of his current vocals I'd have said it was recorded in the 90s. He's in his prime... again!

6 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

I was thinking about the vocal coach earlier, Axl said it's one from 20 years ago - that would be Ron Anderson wouldn't it?

And yup, if you time traveled to 2014 and played me a clip of his current vocals I'd have said it was recorded in the 90s. He's in his prime... again!

Yea, I think that Ron guy has been with Axl since AFD or just after. He had different vocal coaches in 05-06, but nice to hear he went back to someone that has knowledge of his voice for over two decades and can likely get the most out of him. 

TTM sounds much better than Prague. After Prague, I was sort of like "Well...that was a nice novelty". After hearing this rendition, I want it to be played more often.

Also, nice to see Angus giving so much love to his SG with the white pickgaurd. That's always been my favorite of his :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

TTM sounds much better than Prague. After Prague, I was sort of like "Well...that was a nice novelty". After hearing this rendition, I want it to be played more often.

exactly

axl seems to be (little by little) getting rid of the solo-era clean voice for good

smart move

7 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

For those about to rock:

Hard to think that there exists a better  rock song to finish a show .. all the elements are there ... great song

and its a bit funny that its the opening song on the album ... but also logical ... as you welcome the ones that are about to rock ..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, night prowler said:

Hard to think that there exists a better  rock song to finish a show .. all the elements are there ... great song

and its a bit funny that its the opening song on the album ... but also logical ... as you welcome the ones that are about to rock ..

There is one. ;)

• Like 2