2016: Year of Axl Rose

axl-rose-guns-n-roses.jpg

Who does not like or can not stand to hear about Axl Rose should move away from specialized news in rock and metal for at least the year. It is the name of the time. And it makes sense.

In the early days of the year, the rumor that Slash and Duff McKagan would be back to Guns N 'Roses confirmed. The first performances are taking place and, despite the return of two important musicians of classical training, only talk about Axl Rose. Compliments to the singer's voice make up the majority of comments on social networks and opinion pieces press and fansites.

Not only that, the rumor that Axl Rose would replace Brian Johnson, even temporarily, the AC / DC put even more spotlight on the singer. The rumor began baseless, but gained momentum in recent weeks to be finally confirmed. Now Rose is ahead of a Guns N 'Roses partially assembled - and immense media power - and an AC / DC dismembered in a curious partnership.

The truth is that this has been the year of Axl Rose because he decided it was. Ok, the opportunity in the AC / DC was a (unfortunate) chance, but the singer has always opted to stay reclusive and endured for many years in doing the right thing: accept the musicians (whether some, or all) that they did, the side of it, that Guns N 'Roses were great.

The mind of Axl Rose is an intriguing mystery precisely because his actions over the past two decades were controversial and he rarely bothered to give explanations. Why do so many lineup changes in recent times? Why take so long to release "Chinese Democracy" - with most of the songs had leaked in demo versions? Why there was such a great difficulty in making (or close) a major tour with previous training? Why prevent and demonize the press? Why just go back with Slash and Duff McKagan now?

Probably all these questions have answers. But Axl Rose prefers not to answer them. There are also questions linked to entering the AC / DC. But if Rose is not going to solve any doubts, imagine Angus Young, who is even more reclusive ?!

The mystery surrounding Axl Rose contributes to the legendary image that it looks like to have. The singer does not care even to be the villain of the whole story of your life - whether in matters relating to the band when, for example, was "accused" of "kick out" all the musicians from Guns N 'Roses from second half of the 1990s; whether in personal matters when, for example, he was accused (without quotation marks) of assaulting his ex-wives and preferred to millionaires agreements so that the trials were not ahead.

There are many questions and few answers. We only know that 2016 will be the year of Axl Rose, on the basis of a correct decision and chance as fuel. And follow without knowing it, from the mouth of Rose, the reasons that made 2016 his year. In the end, it might be more fun that way.

Edited by auad
  • Like 1

I was talking about this on the Mexico show gig thread... It's amazing how different things are this year. Not only that GnR is back and Axl is fronting ACDC, but his presence at soundchecks and not being late to get on stage. I think he's in a really good place now and I'm really happy for him - and for us. It's a dream come true.

Only thing missing now is new music!

Edited by emybdc
  • Like 2

It's been a long time coming, and it's fucking great to see and hear.

This last, second (third? lol) half of the Chinese Democracy era was excruciating- D grade band members and Axl a shadow of his former self.

I don't care about that now, I don't care if party XYZ has gone back on their word or whatever the fuck but a reinvigorated Axl back with Slash and Duff is basically all of our dreams come true.

Good times.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, emybdc said:

I was talking about this on the Mexico show gig thread... It's amazing how different things are this year. Not only that GnR is back and Axl is fronting ACDC, but his presence at soundchecks and not being late to get on stage. I think he's in a really good place now and I'm really happy for him - and for us. It's a dream come true.

Only thing missing now is new music!

Someone should get in his ear while he's flying high "Hey Axl, want to head over to the studio and lay down some tracks?". 

:)

15 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Shame about the reviews.

Fuck the reviews. The main gripe i see with the negative reviews is that the band isn't dangerous and Axl sweated too much in his chair, i even saw a complaint that Axl said the crowd at Coachella were lovely instead of jumping into the crowd and assaulting someone like he did back in the day. Maybe if there were some genuinely exciting rock bands out there in 2016 Guns n Roses wouldnt seem like such a let down to some people.

• Like 2

A lot of the negativity seems to be about the fact that Axl is sitting on that throne. Hello, he's injured, what do they expect him to do? I do think that one of Axl's strengths in live shows is the way he has a lot of stage presence and really works the stage, but there's nothing he can do about that right now.

Gotta drop a new album. 

If not, then 2016 was solely a year for Axl to satisfy his own needs. The regrouping is making him tens of millions of dollars. And the AC/DC thing is him playing a few shows wish one of his favorite bands. 

Yes. Fans get to enjoy both actions. 

But if Axl truly cared about his fans he would drop an album. Maybe two. 

In spite of promising his fans multiple albums over the last decade, he still has only released one album of original material in the last 25 years. 

If Axl really cared about us - the diehards - then he would release music in 2016. A lot of music.