The Guns N' Roses Bitching & Whining Thread

Hollywood Zombie

:headbang: nice thread. Perfect for this forum.:lol: Let's see, Axl is fat, either Slash or Frank are playing to fast,what's up with to keyboards,why do they even have a keyboard player,what's with the girl in GNR,bring back Steven,bring back Matt,I miss Buckethead,I miss Robin,where is Izzy,this is just a cash grab,and so on and so forth. 

Edited by gnfnrs1972

23 minutes ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

I would love for the Mexico City thread to stick with talking about the concert not going off about how Frank missed a beat or something. 

So you want people to talk about the concert but not how it actually sounds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

So you want people to talk about the concert but not how it actually sounds.

I really don't want to hear the same bullcrap like oh frank sucks or we need izzy because fortus sucks. Oh slash is off tune he must be drunk. I don't care if you say oh the sound sucks but it gets old to hear the same shit all the time. 

21 minutes ago, darknightfan said:

This won't be constructive or positive so I say lock but in before the lock.

That's the point. Izzy and Steven could be on board and bitching would still happen. 

• Like 1

Slash appears to be phoning this tour in 100%. His solos on the classic songs are hit and miss. His November Rain solo at Coachella was a catastrophe. He seems to resort to shredding out of laziness and his timing is off quite a bit. I've seen him live twice and both times he did a much better job with the GNR material than he's done on this tour. His TIL solo at Coachella was so unfathomably bad that it's made me completely uninterested in hearing his takes on any other CD song.

Axl seems more invested in his AC/DC gig than GNR, and the effort he put into Rosie/Riff Raff over actual GNR songs at Coachella really showed this.

The lack of a Coachella stream was a complete fucking joke. Classic "fuck our fans" bullshit from GNR camp right there.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

The thing is, when I'm criticising things I'm laughing at the same time. Some of those negative reviews for instance were comic gold (''Axl on the toilet''). People here are ''how dare they, hack journalists etc''. I was laughing my head off. It is not as if I'm unduly negative, sitting at a computer with a face like a smacked arse. I suppose Guns have passed from being a band I like, to being a comedy act I like. I no longer see them as a musical act but something to pull the piss out of routinely. I sometimes yearn for a more innocent time when I simply was a fan but I cannot seem to recapture it - I do not even listen to Appetite now in truth. Oh well.

I think it was the whole 'nu' era. I think it just killed my fandom off like a pesticide. You know, DJ Ashba, waiting for albums which never arrive etc. It killed my fandom off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The thing is, when I'm criticising things I'm laughing at the same time. Some of those negative reviews for instance were comic gold (''Axl on the toilet''). People here are ''how dare they, hack journalists etc''. I was laughing my head off. It is not as if I'm unduly negative, sitting at a computer with a face like a smacked arse. I suppose Guns have passed from being a band I like, to being a comedy act I like. I no longer see them as a musical act but something to pull the piss out of routinely. I sometimes yearn for a more innocent time when I simply was a fan but I cannot seem to recapture it - I do not even listen to Appetite now in truth. Oh well.

I think it was the whole 'nu' era. I think it just killed my fandom off like a pesticide. You know, DJ Ashba, waiting for albums which never arrive etc. It killed my fandom off.

I take the piss out of em cuz it's funny and the only people who don't see the funny side of em is fans who take it all way too seriously.  Axl and Slash appear to have more of a sense of humour about it than most fans.  Quite frankly if you can seriously look at Axl today, appearance-wise, and not find him a bit comical well then we must have very different senses of humour.  This thread is basically a GnR fan with the aforementioned smacked arse face goin' 'stop itttt, say nice things, say nice things!'.

Edited by Len B'stard

4 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I take the piss out of em cuz it's funny and the only people who don't see the funny side of em is fans who take it all way too seriously.  Axl and Slash appear to have more of a sense of humour about it than most fans.  Quite frankly if you can seriously look at Axl today, appearance-wise, and not find him a bit comical well then we must have very different senses of humour.  This thread is basically a GnR fan with the aforementioned smacked arse face goin' 'stop itttt, say nice things, say nice things!'.

Am I the only person who finds the sight of Axl perched up on that throne like King Tut comical in the extreme? I'm not knocking him, god bless him, he is soldiering on like a trooper with a knackered leg, but it looks hilarious, Axl doing his little hand movements and what snake dancing he can do perched up there sitting on the crapper haha.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Am I the only person who finds the sight of Axl perched up on that throne like King Tut comical in the extreme? I'm not knocking him, god bless him, he is soldiering on like a trooper with a knackered leg, but it looks hilarious, Axl doing his little hand movements and what snake dancing he can do perched up there sitting on the crapper haha.

Bless him he wants to dance but obviously can't so he's sort of rocking on the chair like he's on one of those little spring mounted rocker things they usually have in parks with the slides and all that :lol:  But just him in general is comical at the moment, a little fat ginger bloke with long thinning hair and a tache and a little round face.  He looks like something of a cereal box of a packet of cakes :lol:

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nah. I watched some clips on youtube (because I'm a horrible person like that - I don't spend all my savings on going overseas to see a bunch of middle-aged men play for 2 hours) and it's fucking painful to watch lemme tell you... I mean, the second hand embarrassment is unbearable. I don't know whether to cry or laugh. I mean, I go with laughing, naturally. Anything else would be weird.

7 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Bless him he wants to dance but obviously can't so he's sort of rocking on the chair like he's on one of those little spring mounted rocker things they usually have in parks with the slides and all that :lol:  But just him in general is comical at the moment, a little fat ginger bloke with long thinning hair and a tache and a little round face.  He looks like something of a cereal box of a packet of cakes :lol:

I'm just a casual fan of the band caught up in all the hoopla and at the current time bored and with free time to kill on the Internet.

But, lol! Stop! Everybody says Axl is fat, Axl looks weird, Axl can't sing anymore, his hair cut is ugly, there isn't enough information out there so Axl doesn't care about the fans...blah blah. I think Axl looks damn good for 54. I think he sounds pretty damn good too. Trust me, nobody, NOBODY on this earth at 54 years old looks and sounds like they did at 24. We have this mental picture of a slinky sexy slithering Axl and that was from about 30 years ago. Duff, Slash, Axl look good FOR THEIR AGE! End of story. They are rocking out and they are in their 50s. Good on them.

Yeah, Axl looks ridiculous on his throne. But what can he do? Cancel shows? He's trying. He's trying to put on a good show regardless of his current physical limitations.

i say enjoy it for what it is. You might never see this again. You've waited about 20 some years for it. They are not best friends. They haven't been on the same page for years and years. It's gonna take a while to gel.

and believe me, I can see the humor in it all. But as someone who is Axl's age, I know the sad truth about the ravages of time on the human body. And I look pretty good for my age as well, hahaha.

Edited by scorpio123
Added something

22 hours ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

You can lock this if you want, but this is a place for the unhappy, buzz kills or anyone else who non stop bitches and cries about something with the band. I would love for the Mexico City thread to stick with talking about the concert not going off about how Frank missed a beat or something. 

I actually wish people would quit whining over other people's whining. Everybody deserves an opinion. These guys are professionals, they dont give a fuck what anybody thinks anyway. Plus they dont need any fanboys watching there backs. 

• Like 1

But, lol! Stop! Everybody says Axl is fat, Axl looks weird, Axl can't sing anymore, his hair cut is ugly, there isn't enough information out there so Axl doesn't care about the fans...blah blah. I think Axl looks damn good for 54. I think he sounds pretty damn good too. Trust me, nobody, NOBODY on this earth at 54 years old looks and sounds like they did at 24. We have this mental picture of a slinky sexy slithering Axl and that was from about 30 years ago. Duff, Slash, Axl look good FOR THEIR AGE! End of story. They are rocking out and they are in their 50s. Good on them.

To be honest i don't care what he sounds like or doesn't sound like, it's just chat, just idle talk, just me with nothing better to do reading some shit and saying it for a giggle, if you wish to believe that he looks good for his age, or sounds good well go right ahead, I'm not standing in your way with that.  All across the world in cafes and bars and bus stops and high streets and in living rooms across the world there are people engaging in idle chatter that say things for a laugh cuz they sound funny and it's just a fart in the wind, to be honest i dont care how Axl sounds or looks, it's just me having a laugh and a joke and I'm sure Axl is big enough and grown up enough to not give a fuck what some yahoo like me thinks, anymore than i give a fuck about what he does.  

But for the sake of argument, none of em look good for their age boss, none of em :lol:  The fact is when you wilfully align yourself with youth and then don't progress from that when you are in your 50s you will be held to certain ideals in the hearts and minds of people and find yourself looking ridiculous.  There ain't a man on earth in his 50s that looks good with long stringey thinning hair with a top hat on and grey stubble, barely containing his belly growth and playing songs like Welcome to the Jungle.  Rockstars ain't the only musicians that ever aged y'know, the old blues guys played on til they were in their 70s...why do you think no one ever took the piss out of them about their age?

Yeah, Axl looks ridiculous on his throne. But what can he do? Cancel shows? He's trying. He's trying to put on a good show regardless of his current physical limitations.

He can do what he likes.  And so can I.  Do you understand, there's no malice in any of this, I'm just chattin'.

i say enjoy it for what it is. You might never see this again. You've waited about 20 some years for it. They are not best friends. They haven't been on the same page for years and years. It's gonna take a while to gel.

I ain't waited for shit, i just post on this forum a lot cuz i like the community.  Used to like the band about 20 years ago but it's pretty inconsequential to me really.

and believe me, I can see the humor in it all. But as someone who is Axl's age, I know the sad truth about the ravages of time on the human body. And I look pretty good for my age as well, hahaha.

There you go, now we're talkin' the same language, it's just jokes and silliness, none of it really bothers me and i certainly don't wish anything but success on em, why wouldn't why, what have they ever done to me?  But at the same time I'll have a giggle at anyones expense if i feel like it just as I'm sure people would about me if they cared to pay attention to some random idiot.  And to be honest, they fact that you see the humour in it all means you kinda know what I'm talkin' about :lol:  It doesn't have to be this all-fire serious thing man, it's just pop music at the end of the day innit?

Edited by Len B'stard

Lol, I'm talking out of my ass too for my own amusement!

but look around you at other 54 year old men. They look pretty bad! Bald, fat, wrinkly, gray, out of shape, shlubby clothes. I think these guys look good. ( I'm of the female variety btw so what the hell)

Finally, a place where I can vent! It's pathetic to see a man who suffered a broken foot carry on with the tour by sitting in a chair and singing rather than shutting down the entire operation, leaving an entire crew out of work, and leading everyone else to assume the band had already imploded. I hate this band so much that I've watched every clip of every show they've done so far and then wrote on this fan page about how annoying it was that Axl didn't sing every note exactly like he does on the albums. This clearly proves he's washed up. Never mind the fact that I watched footage of the band from their glory days and noticed that Axl never sang every note just as they sounded on the album. 

And it's painfully obvious that Axl and Slash hate each other and this is a cash grab. I know this because they don't do onstage banter like a lounge band. Granted, they never did this back in the glory days either, but it's different now, dammit! Just look at how much Axl interacts with Duff while onstage. Scratch that. Look at how much Axl interacts with Richard. Okay, bad example. Melissa? Dizzy? Oh yeah, Frank! He mentioned that his chair was blocking Frank. He never said that about Slash. Huh? See? Told you so! 

Mickey, Mickey, Mickey, rasp, rasp, rasp. Where's Izzy? Nothing without Adler.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to figure out how I can watch a crappy Periscope feed of yet another entire show held in the middle of the night in my timezone so that I don't miss a single flawed note or another sign that Axl and Slash aren't getting along.