The Real Story Behind The Guns N' Roses Reunion (Daily Mail, UK Newspaper)

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

So James Franco is a big GN'R fan. Surprised we didn't see him at Troubadour with the other big celebrities. Maybe he was busy with a movie or something. Hopefully the GN'R movie turns out great.

He was busy in ´63 trying to stop Kennedy assassination.

• Like 1

I don't doubt that Duff was very influential in getting them back together, but some of the other stuff seems a little inaccurate. Slash was married to someone else during his 1st GnR stint, divorced her in like 97, and didn't marry Perla til 2001, a good 5 years after he left GnR... so how could Axl not like her, think she's controlling, and so on? Maybe just through business dealings?

This article also gives the impression that the ball didn't really get going til Slash signed off on Axl's Vegas DVD:

"And Canter says that Duff has been instrumental in several business deals over the years.

'Axl put a live DVD out a couple of years ago that needed Slash's permission because it was the old songs,' he recalls.

'Before that Slash would never sign off and Axl would never sign off if Slash wanted music.

'Duff was somehow able to finagle Slash to sign off on that. Soon after that Axl signed off on one for Slash for Live at the Roxy. That was a sign of some kind of truce."

So then how was Slash able to include GnR songs on 2011's Made in Stoke live DVD/CD, which was 3 years before Axl's Vegas DVD??

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tat2d1 said:

I don't doubt that Duff was very influential in getting them back together, but some of the other stuff seems a little inaccurate. Slash was married to someone else during his 1st GnR stint, divorced her in like 97, and didn't marry Perla til 2001, a good 5 years after he left GnR... so how could Axl not like her, think she's controlling, and so on? Maybe just through business dealings?

This article also gives the impression that the ball didn't really get going til Slash signed off on Axl's Vegas DVD:

"And Canter says that Duff has been instrumental in several business deals over the years.

'Axl put a live DVD out a couple of years ago that needed Slash's permission because it was the old songs,' he recalls.

'Before that Slash would never sign off and Axl would never sign off if Slash wanted music.

'Duff was somehow able to finagle Slash to sign off on that. Soon after that Axl signed off on one for Slash for Live at the Roxy. That was a sign of some kind of truce."

So then how was Slash able to include GnR songs on 2011's Made in Stoke live DVD/CD, which was 3 years before Axl's Vegas DVD??

I think Canter explained that the GNR tunes on that particular DVD were only available on the international version, which doesn't have the same kind of region lock for song rights as the US does. I could be remembering that incorrectly tho.

19 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think Canter explained that the GNR tunes on that particular DVD were only available on the international version, which doesn't have the same kind of region lock for song rights as the US does. I could be remembering that incorrectly tho.

Funny thing is Made in Stoke Blu-ray was region free. I bought it from the British Amazon and imported to the U.S. Too bad Myles was still pretty new at singing the songs. He's gotten a lot better in more recent videos I have seen on YouTube. He absolutely ruined Brownstone in that Stoke show, unfortunately.

48 minutes ago, tat2d1 said:

but some of the other stuff seems a little inaccurate. Slash was married to someone else during his 1st GnR stint, divorced her in like 97, and didn't marry Perla til 2001, a good 5 years after he left GnR... so how could Axl not like her, think she's controlling, and so on? Maybe just through business dealings?

Perla was around during the UYI days, perhaps even earlier, as somewhat of a supergroupie. Slash had been seeing her back when the band was at its height. I'm sure there's more to it than any of us know about. But Axl certainly knew who she was and likely dealt with her on some sort of personal/professional level well before Slash married her.

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I bought my copy at Wal-Mart, right here in the USA, so I doubt that was it.

46 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

I doubt we know even half of what really happened. Whatever gets out, is the narrative they want people to know.

This is probably true.  Even their books weren't all that accurate, especially Slash's, but I think drugs had more to do with that than anything else.  We'll get more of  this story someday I'm sure, probably even a few versions of it.  

14 minutes ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

This is probably true.  Even their books weren't all that accurate, especially Slash's, but I think drugs had more to do with that than anything else.  We'll get more of  this story someday I'm sure, probably even a few versions of it.  

So do you know anything about Axl being married or not?

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

I doubt we know even half of what really happened. Whatever gets out, is the narrative they want people to know.

I can't believe it was just disagreements over band business, or musical direction, start times, etc. Whatever they had against each other for 20 years it was very, very personal. 

1 hour ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

Even their books weren't all that accurate, especially Slash's,

And you know this because ....? We're you there?

Truth is, you have absolutely no idea. Nobody does.

Edited by thunderram

3 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Well ,seems like Marc Canter give up on repairng his friendship with Axl, because after this little interview i would be surprised if TB or Axl or even Slash would allow him to enter to any GNR show....

I really think the author just took quotes from Canter Banter.  There's nothing new mentioned that hasn't already been said.