How cool was it to see JOsh Freese?

7 minutes ago, downzy said:

Arguably the best drummer GNR ever had.  Would love to see him play a song or two, particular something from Chinese Democracy (how about the title song?)

Would be fitting, considering that he's credited as a writer on that particular song.

I actually bought one of his CD's when Axl first started making his return and I was still into what he was doing.  I forget how I even knew he was involved but I was very open minded. If he is that good of a drummer they should welcome him back and give Frank the pink slip.

This dude composed the Riff of CD and basically recorded most of the CD songs, the others just re re re recorded them.

But I can understand why he left, he was just fed up that he laid down the tracks and it just got delayed and delayed. 

Josh is a killer drummer, but I don't think he likes to be strapped to any band in particular. Prefers the freelance studio role more. Occasionly goes out though, when the right gig comes along - NIN etc.

Interesting guy, I'm sure he could tell some great stories, which he's already done a bit of. 

7 minutes ago, Cughall'a said:

Is this the same Josh Freese that recorded te 2010 Slash solo album?

Yep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Josh is a killer drummer, but I don't think he likes to be strapped to any band in particular. Prefers the freelance studio role more. Occasionly goes out though, when the right gig comes along - NIN etc.

Interesting guy, I'm sure he could tell some great stories, which he's already done a bit of. 

Yep.

He's in Devo and The Vandals but they both occasionally tour. 

4 hours ago, downzy said:

Arguably the best drummer GNR ever had.  Would love to see him play a song or two, particular something from Chinese Democracy (how about the title song?)

Which is ironic since he's never played a live show with them to this day

4 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Indeed. He probably wrote most of the drum parts on Chinese seeing as I think 3/4 of the material dates back to his time in the band. 

I want to hear that 3 minute drum outro on TWAT!

Fun fact: he wrote the CD intro riff on guitar....

Edited by Strange Broue