Poor mobile support?

pugachev

Whenever I try to quote someone on the forum, it won't let me delete the quote from the message field. I have to submit the reply and then quickly delete the message. Even after closing the browser it stays saved. Occasionally, if I quote I'm not even able to add anything else to the message field. Very weird.

Anyone else have this issue? Extremely annoying trying to post from my phone.

Running theatest version of Android on Chrome with a Nexus 6P.

Just now, pugachev said:

It doesn't, tho. When I do that the quote stays, but my ability to type anything underneath goes away . Very odd :(

try hitting the top left of the quote box then cut, play around, took me a bit to get it to work I will try it and see.

what device are you on?

8 minutes ago, pugachev said:

Google's very own Nexus 6P. Using Chrome, latest version. I tried Firefox but it causes the browser to crash when I long press on the quote box.

I have Nexus 5 I am gonna play with it and try to replicate the issue, I do have the same issue from time to time I just want to be able to help you best I can

1 minute ago, gunsguy said:

I have Nexus 5 I am gonna play with it and try to replicate the issue, I do have the same issue from time to time I just want to be able to help you best I can

I'll pull out my Nexus 5 if I can find it and see if it's any different. I appreciate you looking in to it.

4 minutes ago, pugachev said:

I'll pull out my Nexus 5 if I can find it and see if it's any different. I appreciate you looking in to it.

ok try to press and hold top right of quote box then try cut.  If you need I can post a video of myself doing it.  Let me know if that works for ya.  I am using chrome on Nexus 5

Edited by gunsguy

Works on my Nexus 5. Using cut takes it right off.

My Nexus 6P appears to be treating the quote box like an image. I can edit the text, but if I long press above the text it asks Drag to move or Search Google or Copy this image. 

Guess some software issue on the device side not intereprting the code correctly. I guess I can stick to desktop mode for the time being.

Just now, gunsguy said:

ok try to press and hold top right of quote box then try cut.  If you need I can a video of myself doing it in the am.  Let me know if that works for ya.  I am using chrome on Nexus 5

1 minute ago, pugachev said:

Works on my Nexus 5. Using cut takes it right off.

My Nexus 6P appears to be treating the quote box like an image. I can edit the text, but if I long press above the text it asks Drag to move or Search Google or Copy this image. 

Guess some software issue on the device side not intereprting the code correctly. I guess I can stick to desktop mode for the time being.

Strange. Do you get a blue highlight around the quote when you tap on it?

2 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Strange. Do you get a blue highlight around the quote when you tap on it?

Yep, I actually get two. One highlights just the text specifically. The other highlights the whole quote box. If I long press on just the text one, I can cut copy paste, but it only effects the text itself. Leaving the quote box remaining. Holding on the whole quote box treats it like an image.

Yeah, it's the outer one (whole box) you want to be able to select... as GG says, tapping "cut" usually works, otherwise hitting backspace works just fine on my iPhone (using latest Chrome for iOS). 

I have an android device I can test with, but it sounds like you've been able to do that already.

We tried installing a mod for a "cancel reply" button (next to submit reply) a while ago as another way to fix this - but ended up getting rid of it as it wasn't working properly. Hopefully the mod gets updated soon and we can try it out again.

• Like 2

Yeah, comparing to my Nexus 5. Holding on the outerbox gives me the Cut Copy Paste which works fine. On my 6P it causes my on screen keyboard to pop-up instead. It actually worked once just now, bit can't seem to replicate it. I'll play around with it and see if it's just wanting to be picky.

1 minute ago, pugachev said:

Yeah, comparing to my Nexus 5. Holding on the outerbox gives me the Cut Copy Paste which works fine. On my 6P it causes my on screen keyboard to pop-up instead. It actually worked once just now, bit can't seem to replicate it. I'll play around with it and see if it's just wanting to be picky.

Yeah it is a little odd I hope you can make it happen again!  If you do make it happen and can tell us how that would be awesome :)

7 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Yeah it is a little odd I hope you can make it happen again!  If you do make it happen and can tell us how that would be awesome :)

Huh. Well, I'll be. Appears to be working fine now. Wish I could say I did something to fix it lol. Ah well, thanks to both of you for the help. Much appreciated ! :)

• Like 1