Red Dead Redemption 2

downzy

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, OmarBradley said:

Trailer looks good. Looking forward to seeing more of the game's mechanics as we get closer. <insert general complain about no PC version>

You don't honestly expect Rockstar to acknowledge a PC version do you?  How else are they going to get everyone to buy it for console first and then for PC later?  There's a reason why GTA 5 sold over 80 million copies :P

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sooooooooooooo.........I'm going to throw out a seemingly unpopular opinion here: I wasn't all that impressed with the first game. It just seemed like GTA: Old West Edition or GTA: Horses to me. I was hyped on it until I played it for a few hours and got bored fairly quickly. Maybe I should put some more time into the sequel get a little invested in the characters perhaps?

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, RussTCB said:

Sooooooooooooo.........I'm going to throw out a seemingly unpopular opinion here: I wasn't all that impressed with the first game. It just seemed like GTA: Old West Edition or GTA: Horses to me. I was hyped on it until I played it for a few hours and got bored fairly quickly. Maybe I should put some more time into the sequel get a little invested in the characters perhaps?

I never finished it because it didn't draw me in either, but I loved the Zombie DLC.  It was the perfect Zombie DLC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-01 at 1:26 AM, DeadSlash said:

I never finished it because it didn't draw me in either, but I loved the Zombie DLC.  It was the perfect Zombie DLC.

I actually played the Zombie DLC first and got hocked.  Then played the full story and it became one of my favourite games of all time.  It's definitely a game you have to give more than a couple of hours to.  But the storylines, atmosphere and environment, themes, etc. - there's nothing like it anywhere else in the gaming world.  

On 2018-09-28 at 2:54 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Looks great. I wonder how much better it will look on PC? Seems slick already.

I don't believe RDR1 ever came out on PC.  Reports are suggesting it may still happen, but definitely not in 2018 and earliest could be 2019 when Rockstar/Take Two launches their own PC streaming gaming service.  GTA V didn't come out on PC for two years after the console releases, so if you plan on waiting, it may be awhile.  

I just picked up a Xbox One X so I'll be good to go for some 4K RDR2 action in less than a couple of weeks.  Interestingly the only way to play a 4K version of RDR1 is through an Xbox One X as the game was patched earlier this year to include 4K visuals.  

---------------------------

Also, it's being reported the main story line takes 60 hours to complete (they actually cut 5 hours from the main story).  

So @Dazey, plan accordingly and use your time in December while the family is a way wisely :P

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Only another week to go! I've not been this excited about a game for ages! Now I just need to find a way for my family to disappear early! :lol: 

Quoted in case something does happen to them and police are looking for evidence of motive :P

• Haha 2

IGN gave RDR2 a 10/10. 

Here's it's final summary:

"Red Dead Redemption 2 stands shoulder-to-shoulder with Grand Theft Auto V as one of the greatest games of the modern age. It’s a gorgeous depiction of an ugly period that’s patient, polished, and a huge amount of fun to play, and it’s combined with Rockstar’s best storytelling to date. Even after finishing the lengthy story I can’t wait to go back and play more. This is a game of rare quality; a meticulously polished open world ode to the outlaw era. Looking for one of this generation’s very best single-player action experiences? Here’s your huckleberry."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

IGN gave RDR2 a 10/10. 

"Red Dead Redemption 2 stands shoulder-to-shoulder with Grand Theft Auto V as one of the greatest games of the modern age. It’s a gorgeous depiction of an ugly period that’s patient, polished, and a huge amount of fun to play, and it’s combined with Rockstar’s best storytelling to date. Even after finishing the lengthy story I can’t wait to go back and play more. This is a game of rare quality; a meticulously polished open world ode to the outlaw era. Looking for one of this generation’s very best single-player action experiences? Here’s your huckleberry."

My copy is getting delivered in the morning. Can't wait!!!!! :D 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

My copy is getting delivered in the morning. Can't wait!!!!! :D 

I'm conflicted here as my brother gave me a gift card for my birthday to buy it at its release.  But i have little to no time to play for the next six weeks and might just hold off until Black Friday and get it for $30 less.  

Then again, it looks so awesome that it feels like this not buying the game now and sneaking a few moments to play:

qgp52urqjr8lqhof1be8.mp4

1 hour ago, downzy said:

IGN gave RDR2 a 10/10. 

A game like this is released once every decade. I absolutely cannot wait. 

Looks like there's a fairly large discrepancy between the four consoles:

Xbox One X is the clear winner.  Only console that keeps it locked at 30 FPS in native 4k.  

PS4 Pro doesn't run in native 4K, with muddier textures and slight drops in performance.  

XBOX X > PS4P > PS4 > XBO S

That said, game looks great on all consoles.  

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Looks like there's a fairly large discrepancy between the four consoles:

Xbox One X is the clear winner.  Only console that keeps it locked at 30 FPS in native 4k.  

PS4 Pro doesn't run in native 4K, with muddier textures and slight drops in performance.  

XBOX X > PS4P > PS4 > XBO S

That said, game looks great on all consoles.  

I've only got a 1080p TV and a lowly original XBoxOne 500GB but I still can't wait. I also have a GTX1080 pc so I'll no doubt be buying this again in a year or so. :lol: