04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

23 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Maybe they will do a Prince song. 

since axl don't do rehearsal that often, it could only be an instrumental...and if they would do one, i would prefer nothing compares 2 u (instrumental) instead of layla (outro). 

2 minutes ago, maxpax said:

since axl don't do rehearsal that often, it could only be an instrumental...and if they would do one, i would prefer nothing compares 2 u (instrumental) instead of layla (outro). 

He's been doing rehearsals since before this tour and every day before the shows.

Also I'm sure they could belt out a Prince song and he would be fine singing it, though unfortunately I don't think they'll go that far to tribute.

It would be awesome though.

2 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

He's been doing rehearsals since before this tour and every day before the shows.

Also I'm sure they could belt out a Prince song and he would be fine singing it, though unfortunately I don't think they'll go that far to tribute.

It would be awesome though.

Or maybe Axl just changes the lyrics of November Rain a bit. "Nothing lasts forever, not even Purple Rain".

• Like 1

I think if there's a Prince tribute it would most likely be instrumental and Fortus led since it seems he's the one that has the most experience and skill picking things like that fairly quick. I can see them jam to some Prince instead of Pink Floyd before November Rain.

But I'm still placing my bets on Popcorn Adler showing up for a song or two. I just have a good feeling about that.

Edited by Chuerta86

49 minutes ago, weponsnflowers said:

It's Axl's bony hand holding the GNR cross. You can tell because of the rings on the fingers. One could look at this as Axl fending off the vampiric fans who wanted to see the band get together. So he holds this original cross logo, but at the same time still gives them the finger. Just to say "ok, you got your wish but fuck you anyway for it! I still hold the band in my hands!". Lol. Or something. What else could it mean? :D

It means that Axl knows how important the original 5 are and this fact is irritating him. 

I think people are reading too much into it. They wanted to use the cross logo, two of the members on the original one aren't there, stick an "edgy" middle finger on there to appeal to #FellowKids, done.

• Like 2