Slash arriving to LAX 22.4.16

That flashlight move was the best thing ever. And it was nice of Duff to stop and sign for everyone. The whole "he's wearing black for Prince's death" thing, though? Um. The man is colorblind. He always wears black.

They just landed, they're tired, and they didn't want to talk to a bunch of scummy paps shoving cameras in their faces. I wouldn't call that a "media blackout," just not wanting to be ambushed. Everyone hates the paparazzi...remembering reading that Marilyn Manson once walked out of LAX with "fuck you" written all over his face so they couldn't use any of the shots they got in the mainstream media.

I think Axl would have *had* to fly into LAX if he were coming back to the LA area because they would have had to go through customs, but he could have been on another flight, or transferred to a private plane to get him closer to Malibu, I guess. Closest airport to Malibu is Santa Monica AFAIK, and that's all wee little private planes.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, stella said:

That flashlight move was the best thing ever. And it was nice of Duff to stop and sign for everyone. The whole "he's wearing black for Prince's death" thing, though? Um. The man is colorblind. He always wears black.

They just landed, they're tired, and they didn't want to talk to a bunch of scummy paps shoving cameras in their faces. I wouldn't call that a "media blackout," just not wanting to be ambushed. Everyone hates the paparazzi...remembering reading that Marilyn Manson once walked out of LAX with "fuck you" written all over his face so they couldn't use any of the shots they got in the mainstream media.

I think Axl would have *had* to fly into LAX if he were coming back to the LA area because they would have had to go through customs, but he could have been on another flight, or transferred to a private plane to get him closer to Malibu, I guess. Closest airport to Malibu is Santa Monica AFAIK, and that's all wee little private planes.

A lot of celebrities use Van Nuys when they fly private but he might have just flown to Palm Springs because the Coachella bands are staying at resorts for the week. GNR and last year, Steely Dan, booked shows in between Coachella dates. 

I can only imange how annoying it would be to be chased in an airport by a mob of media.  There is a time and place for an interview and certainly an airport isn't one of those places. People need to respect peoples privacy and wishes to not be hounded and harassed in every public place they go into.

Edited by Appetiteyourillusion

5 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

A lot of celebrities use Van Nuys when they fly private but he might have just flown to Palm Springs because the Coachella bands are staying at resorts for the week. GNR and last year, Steely Dan, booked shows in between Coachella dates. 

Ahhh, that makes sense. Van Nuys is certainly less on the radar. It makes a lot of sense that he might have just gone to Palm Springs. Flying with that huge cast can't be the most pleasant thing and they very well might have wanted to minimize the travel for him.

3 hours ago, Ant said:

Bet most of them are just resale ebay junkies.

What fan has Duff sign their Stratocaster?

Those professional autograph dealers stalk a lot of celebrity events and hangouts. You see them with their wheelie suitcases full of memorabilia. It actually wouldn't surprise me at all if they were working in tandem with the paps and staking out the airport.

Edited by stella

I'm disappointed in myself for watching that... :facepalm:

But the lowest of the low are those paparazzi... jesus, just let them catch their breath, they just got off their flight! It's SO, so unlikely that they would say anything much to them anyway (although as proven they will use anything, black clothes, non comments etc).