Richard has been in GNR for 16 years quote

1 minute ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Eddie Trunk said recently the GN'R fanbase is crazy. This thread is pretty good proof to back up his statement. 

wow, he said a thing that is  common knowledge , mad props to the dude!

Rock n' RILL

Edited by Strange Broue

28 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Get over it kids. Not only is Fortus here to stay, he's treated with importance as he should. Sorry to burst your nostalgia bubbles. THIS AINT A REUNION! The faster you realize that Slash and Duff merely just rejoined GNR then you can make the decision ton support this or not. 

I remember the good ol' times when people were saying the exact same thing about Ashba, BH, BBF etc and I didn't even have an account yet. :lol: Since the impossible happened and Slash was pulled out of Axl's ass, it doesn't seem as far-fetched that a full reunion could be possible.

And anyway, wasn't this topic about the diplomacy of Axl's comment, and not about which lineup is better?

Agree w/ Madison. No one is guaranteed to be on this earth for any specific amount of time, especially guys who spent years dancing w/ brownstone. It's kind of a slap in the face to some of us long-time fans who are being asked to deal w/ Richard & Frank when we know that Izzy and Steven are a viable option. This isn't me saying that Richard and Frank aren't decent musicians, it's just me saying that they have no business being on this reunion tour. Being on salary for 16 years doesn't equate into one being Guns N Roses. 

• Like 2

If Richard wasn't in GNR, Dave Kushner would be in the band but he'll probably be involved in writing some songs on the next album. I'm sure Duff and Slash would rather have Matt on drums.

If they're going to do an AFD lineup tour, it's not going to happen for another year, and they'd have to figure out how to make the show into two sets.  

Just now, Gun Shy Assassin said:

Agree w/ Madison. No one is guaranteed to be on this earth for any specific amount of time, especially guys who spent years dancing w/ brownstone. It's kind of a slap in the face to some of us long-time fans who are being asked to deal w/ Richard & Frank when we know that Izzy and Steven are a viable option.

Are they a viable option? You obviously knows more than me. The last I heard was that Steven had a back injury. And who knows what Izzy wants or what he demanded to be part of it.

2 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

yet in the Live Era liner notes Axl reffered him as a hired hand. (which hurt Matt real bad)

The ONLY reason Axl referred to Matt as "additional musician" in the liner notes is because he had a fight with Matt and was throwing a hissy fit. If I recall correctly, Matt had made a comment about the psychic lady taking advantage of Axl - and Axl didn't like it. Matt wasn't dissing Axl - he was just worried that Axl was being used. But Axl took it personally - at least that's the story that made the rounds back then.  

2 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

I don't think that RNRHOF is relevant about who is a true band member or who is a hired hand. They just inducted Deep Purple , because they don't even know whom to induct or not to induct

You don't think Deep Purple deserved to be inducted?   :blink:  Wow, just wow. Don't know what to say. 

2 minutes ago, madison said:

The ONLY reason Axl referred to Matt as "additional musician" in the liner notes is because he had a fight with Matt and was throwing a hissy fit. If I recall correctly, Matt had made a comment about the psychic lady taking advantage of Axl - and Axl didn't like it. Matt wasn't dissing Axl - he was just worried that Axl was being used. But Axl took it personally - at least that's the story that made the rounds back then.  

You don't think Deep Purple deserved to be inducted?   :blink:  Wow, just wow. Don't know what to say. 

wtf?

my original point was that Deep Purple should be inducted in the 90's regardless of the line ups

Fucking rap bands got inducted before Deep Purple? gimme a break

That's why a lot of people think that the RNRHOF means jackshit (Deep Pruple members included)

Edited by Strange Broue

he made a similar quote at the 2nd Vegas show, he was saying it while Slash and Richard were taking the center stage in a series of guitar licks I couldn't help but think it was Axl's way of saying FU to Slash and that he was not an important member of GNR

4 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

wtf?

my original point was that Deep Purple should be inducted in the 90's regardless of the line ups

Fucking rap bands got inducted before Deep Purple? gimme a break

That's why a lot of people think that the RNRHOF means jackshit (Deep Pruple members included)

When you wrote that the HOF inducted Deep Purple "because they didn't even know whom to induct or not induct" - I thought you were suggesting that DP wasn't worthy.  Glad to hear this isn't the case.  And I totally agree - DP's induction was long overdue. 

• Like 1

I think this is why GnR aren't doing any press.

Their words get nitpicked so much and everyone tries to create tension between Axl and Slash for their own entertainment purposes.

After Bowie and Prince, lets just be thankful these guys are still alive and kicking ass.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gun Shy Assassin said:

Yes, they appear to both be viable options. Steven recently announced whatever festival he's playing in the near future, and Izzy's tweets were pretty obvious even if he didn't outright say "I'm willing". These guys are absolutely necessary to elevate this tour from cool to epic. 

Viable doesn't only mean they are available, it also means that an agreement between the parties can be reached. Again, who knows what Izzy demanded?

3 minutes ago, k12 said:

he made a similar quote at the 2nd Vegas show, he was saying it while Slash and Richard were taking the center stage in a series of guitar licks I couldn't help but think it was Axl's way of saying FU to Slash and that he was not an important member of GNR

And yet he describes Slash as a man who needs no introduction. Seems like a pretty respectful comment. 

Whatever he asked for, they should have given it. Even though it sounds as if you are trying to paint the picture that his "demands" were unreasonable, I highly doubt that was the case. What Alan Niven said recently (who is still friends with Izzy) is probably the most accurate, “It’s probably a financial decision.”

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't really disagree with anything you say. But I disagreed with Madison's statement that this is promoted (by the band) as a full lineup reunion and that hence, as I interpreted it, it was wrong of Axl to acknowledge Richard's contributions in the NuGuns period. This is a hybrid lineup, and nowhere does the band say otherwise, and yes, the fantastic thing about this lineup is Slash and Duff being back in the band, but the lineup also now consists of some old members who deserve praise for their commitment, which is exactly what Axl did.

I really don't get all the fuss, but I guess it is the last tremors of an illusion dying. The full reunion was not to be. Either accept it or complain and nag for the rest of your lives. (Not talking about you, Padme).

The fuss is there are people who want Richard in the partnership. Just because he has been in the band for 16 years. We have to keep in mind that part of those 16 years were hiatus years. Richard didn't have the chance to add great deal of imput when it come to songwriting. Maybe his imput wasn't wanted or needed. We don't have any classic timeless big hit song wtitten by Richard. And if this tour is promoted as the reunion of Axl, Slash and Duff.  It means everyone else including Richard have a supporting role.

You GNR fans are fucking crazy. Arguing over every single fucking detail of ever tiny occurance, over analysing every last detail of everything, it's just madness. Listen to the music, enjoy the best lineup since '93. If not, check out, don't go to the shows. Simple as. Some of you lot turn me off coming on here. Christ.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, madison said:

But it's the tragic deaths of people like Prince, Scott, Lemmy and Bowie that have made many of us longtime diehard GNR fans even more desperate to see the original lineup play again. Right now, we are all so grateful and fortunate that ALL members of the AFD/Illusions lineup are alive, healthy and want to be part of this lineup.  This may not be the case in a year from now - or even six months from now. You just never know.  Who would have thought a guy like Prince would suddenly die at the age of 57?  This is exactly why so many of us are pushing for the full - and real - reunion. 

Sometimes we just have to be grateful for what we've got, which is a lot more than we've had for a long time and this comes from a long time fan.

Edited by axlsend

2 hours ago, The Glow Inc. said:

I doubt Slash and Duff are as insecure as you seem to be about who is or isn't in Guns n' Roses anymore...

...and if he is they can just compare paychecks at the end of the tour. ;)

Slash wanted Fortus in his own band YEARS ago. Slash DID ASK Fortus to play with him... do you get it? 

Duff played with Fortus in GN'R YEARS ago.

Axl, Slash and Duff all want Fortus in the band.

They all want Fortus FOR YEARS.

The haters : get used to it because Fortus will still be in the band when he hits 70. Get used to it because this guy is here for a long long time. 

His talent will burry your hate.

Edited by Caraibes
  • Like 2

After watching the KOHD video in full and hearing the comment out loud, it sounds like Axl says it in that half-sarcastic tease when a co-worker tells you in passing that they've worked there for twenty years. Friendly banter in response to that situation to that might be "oh, so not very long" when the reality is the opposite. In other words, Axl's comment is a giant non-event that doesn't warrant over-analyzing. 

• Like 1