Petition: Lets get Axl on the piano for Estranged!

I would love if Axl would play the piano on Estranged live.

The flow of the current shows are amazing but when Axl is back on his feet I assume he'll need a few breathers, it's so quick paced at the moment.

In an effort to give Axl a break and to create even more magic, I'd love to see him play the estranged live on the piano!

He could also play This I Love along with November rain for a break.

Really hope management see this idea and pass it on. Thank you GN'R for putting on the best shows I've ever been to. They are unbelievable and hope they know how happy the fans are! 

I remember Axl saying sometime around '93 that he didn't remember how to play Estranged on the piano because he preferred to run around on stage during that song, so he'd never performed it like that. I doubt he remembers it now, and probably wouldn't feel like bothering to relearn it again. Though I also really really wanna see him play it, cause it's always been one of the Axl/Slash piano/guitar masterpieces to me, and it'd be as cool as, if not better than, November rain.

So here's to hoping it happens, even though I doubt it. ;)

• Like 1

they have 2 keyboard players that are basically backup singers/bongo players for most of the set except those songs.. axl needs to focus on singing instead of playing piano.. the one song that he does play piano on is arguably his weakest vocal performance 

• Like 1

What would be rad is Axl playing that Estranged from Illusions Outtakes, which is a demo of the song, piano only.

Problem I see is that it seems he can't sing and play at the same time, such hard long songs, that's why he goes weak during November Rain.

Estranged is really long and he'd get tired if he had to do that one and then also,Nov Rain. If I had it my way I'd get rid of November Rain but oh well, contracts are contracts :(

Edited by killuridols

11 hours ago, killuridols said:

Problem I see is that it seems he can't sing and play at the same time, such hard long songs, that's why he goes weak during November Rain.

I've never noticed that.  He never had a problem back in the day.. Doesn't seem like something you would lose..