07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

11 minutes ago, Purple Haze said:

Hi All,

I have been on here for years, but this is my first post, and it is only because I am so excited for tonight.

I missed out in 1991 (Noblesville, IN) and 1992 (Indianapolis, IN).  25 years later, I am definitely not missing out this time around.  Plus, my son will experience it with me.  We've seen Guns in 2011 and Slash w/Myles & the Conspirators in 2012 and even got to meet Slash and get his autograph, but today's show for me is going to be Priceless!  Look for us in our green shirts you can't miss us, we are not your typical guns fans.  Section 112, Seats 1 & 2.  See you all tonight.  Gunners for Life!

Awesome :-)

13 minutes ago, Purple Haze said:

Hi All,

I have been on here for years, but this is my first post, and it is only because I am so excited for tonight.

I missed out in 1991 (Noblesville, IN) and 1992 (Indianapolis, IN).  25 years later, I am definitely not missing out this time around.  Plus, my son will experience it with me.  We've seen Guns in 2011 and Slash w/Myles & the Conspirators in 2012 and even got to meet Slash and get his autograph, but today's show for me is going to be Priceless!  Look for us in our green shirts you can't miss us, we are not your typical guns fans.  Section 112, Seats 1 & 2.  See you all tonight.  Gunners for Life!

Welcome and have a great fucking time :headbang::headbang::headbang:

12 hours ago, k12 said:

I can assure you it is GNR who is setting the prices

Don't think it works that way with this tour.  G N' R are guaranteed a certain amount per show, by the promoter (presumably in the $3 mil range).  Then they get a % more after a certain amount of gross sales are reached.  So it's really up to the promoter to determine how much to charge for tickets in order for them to recoupe their costs, pay G N'R, etc and still make a profit.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Don't think it works that way with this tour.  G N' R are guaranteed a certain amount per show, by the promoter (presumably in the $3 mil range).  Then they get a % more after a certain amount of gross sales are reached.  So it's really up to the promoter to determine how much to charge for tickets in order for them to recoupe their costs, pay G N'R, etc and still make a profit.

I think you are right.  It's big business absolutely, but I'm sure it's decided by a team of people, not just the band sitting in a room, lol.

44 minutes ago, tat2d1 said:

Damn, none of my friends are up for a Chicago road trip today. Pussies, lol. 

Have a great time, those of you going. If it's as good as Friday's show, you'll have a GREAT time.

If I had physically enough time to drive from Winnipeg to Chicago and make tonight's show I'd be all fucking over it for those prices. 

39 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Yeah, they're basically using the Stones' business model now.

1 minute ago, Black Sabbath said:

Friend of mine is in the GA line currently. Only 2 people lined up so far.

Also Friday was his 60th Gn'R show since December 29th, 2001!

See? Told you you didn't have to queue up as early this year :tongue2:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Very exited about tonight. Second shows usually bring surprises, and everybody in the band is doing a magnificent job so far.   They are indeed the greatest band in the world again. 

@SEPTEM ...I love you man.  I'm officially labelling you the most biased GnR fan in the world :)

And for those not familiar, I'm not being a dick here, SEPTEM and I talk on Line App from time to time.  He's a good dude.

1 hour ago, froghat said:

Any update on unsold tickets for tonight? Hoping it's packed after cutting prices! 

I"ve been keeping an eye on them somewhat.  It really doesn't look like a lot of tickets have moved.  Interestingly, there are seats available via the discount that "appear" sold if you go through the regular map.   I keep pulling the same seats on the discounted map and am not seeing much movement on the regular map.  

19 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Friend of mine is in the GA line currently. Only 2 people lined up so far.

Also Friday was his 60th Gn'R show since December 29th, 2001!

any idea what entry gate they are lined up at?  I'll be there in 40 mintues!  I'll be wearing a red bandana Axl style.  and a Appetite for Democracy shirt!

See you all soon!

It will be interesting to see how they handle this show.. Do they go through the motions? Do they play the bare minimum? Do they give it a 100%?

I have a feeling that they play the whole show and give it 100% and maybe even throw in a few surprises. I wish there was a day off in between the 2 Foxboro shows or I'd go to both now that you can get in so cheap.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

The second show in the same city is like to get some of the songs off of the alternative list. If I remember right ( and I could be wrong and am too lazy to go look it up) didn't the second show in Mexico City lose Coma and gain My Michelle and Yesterdays?

Did they play My Michelle in Mexico? I know they swapped Coma for TWAT and one of the encore songs for Yesterdays. I'm guessing tonight they do Patience instead of Don't Cry, Yesterdays instead of the Seeker, and something will replace Coma (maybe 2 songs? Nice Boys and My Michelle would be cool).

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm guessing tonight they do Patience instead of Don't Cry, Yesterdays instead of the Seeker, and something will replace Coma (maybe 2 songs? Nice Boys and My Michelle would be cool).

That would be bad ass although they are playing Don't Cry great.

Edited by Tom-Ass

21 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I"ve been keeping an eye on them somewhat.  It really doesn't look like a lot of tickets have moved.  Interestingly, there are seats available via the discount that "appear" sold if you go through the regular map.   I keep pulling the same seats on the discounted map and am not seeing much movement on the regular map.  

Also, I'm pretty sure the 400 level will be closed tonight.  There are no tix currently available up there (except for resale) and a few days ago there were whole sections.  The 300 level below it on that side is also resale only.  However, the 300 level on the other side is open.....so 400 levelers tonight will be re-seated.  Get there early if that's you, and maybe try to get reseated as low as possible.  

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

That would be bad ass although they are playing Don't Cry great.

I'm not a big fan of Don't Cry in general, but I love the way they are performing it!