Axl Rose On TMZ

I swear I don't get it, these fans complaining about reporters like THEY were celebs? Shut the fuck up, please. If it wasn't for these guys we wouldn't have one pixel of Axl to discuss around here and we wouldn't know half the shit we know.

Axl handles media pretty well these days, I bet he learned a thing or two from the past. You see, we can have decades of "hiatus" and all of a sudden, when he needs publicity, he gets it. That's how you do it and he's being good at it. The reporters were being totally respectful, cool and fun, that's why he responded like a decent human being instead of acting like a wild man. He knows he needs this press to keep selling the shows and filling stadiums. He ain't stupid and the reporters could have been really nasty, asking him about Slash and what not, but they also know what kind of character they are dealing with and don't want to blow the exclusive by provoking Axl.

The only dodgy question was that of him ending up liking AC/DC more than Gn'R and he just said "Ha!", which is a great answer in the middle of such airport mess. Maybe he calls the next album "Ha!" :P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OTHAFA said:

TMZ has been doing a TON of reporting on GNR since the reunion. As someone who works in marketing, I'm fairly convinced the band and TMZ have some sort of arrangement worked out. TMZ has similar deals with people like the Kardashians. They get exclusive info, and the celebrity grants them "random" paparazzi interviews. I'm pretty sure this Axl airport thing was orchestrated ahead of time.

Makes a lot of sense. If Axl really wanted to avoid them, he probably could have found a way to sneak in with no media attention. 

7 minutes ago, OTHAFA said:

TMZ has been doing a TON of reporting on GNR since the reunion. As someone who works in marketing, I'm fairly convinced the band and TMZ have some sort of arrangement worked out. TMZ has similar deals with people like the Kardashians. They get exclusive info, and the celebrity grants them "random" paparazzi interviews. I'm pretty sure this Axl airport thing was orchestrated ahead of time.

This :thumbsup:

axl-rose-arrives-at-lax_5228084.jpg

57 minutes ago, OTHAFA said:

It's like Axl said if you want to be seen you can be seen in Hollywood, if you want to hide you can hide, just go where the paparazzi are not 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Young_Gun said:

Bunch of parasites following him around. It is obvious that he doesn't really want to talk but he handled it well. The media is so intrusive nowadays.

You'd be doing the same thing if you saw him in public :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

The airport punch is pretty cool. A technically solid punch too, planted feet, use of hips, very fast and impactful. Axl would absolutely blow through Vince Neil.

Hows it a planted punch, he throws it running, he literally runs into him.  Use of hips was good though, definite leverage shot but he ran at him so fast he might've just bundled him over and the fact that he wasn't knocked out lends credence to the latter.

11 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

If there was a top 5 list of worst aged rock stars or celebrities, Axl would be on it.  The guy may be a perfectionist about his music, but he sure isn't about his health and wardrobe.

I don't know about celebrities in general. There are some really rough ones out there. Worst aged rock stars? Yeah, top 5 on that for sure.

• Like 1