Axl Rose On TMZ

1 hour ago, SWINGTRADER said:

If there was a top 5 list of worst aged rock stars or celebrities, Axl would be on it.  The guy may be a perfectionist about his music, but he sure isn't about his health and wardrobe.

What makes you say this now? He's lost a lot of weight, he's got hair, he's clean shaven and his clothes are modern and cool. What kind of clothes should he be wearing (according to you)?

49 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Who's the new bad ass security guy? And..."he hit my mother!" Always makes me :lol:

The mother thing is especially weird because Beta appears to be roughly the same age as Axl. Maybe five years older or something like that but not much more.

2 minutes ago, tberrie007 said:

no shit man...worst aged rock star list?  I still strongly believe that the axl we saw from 2012 -2014 was a man that was having health issues/complications etc. does anyone else see this is a likely possibility?

He was just a 50 year old man eating poorly, drinking every day, and not exercising outside of touring....that's worse than health issues. He definitely has found a workout regime this past year, but he hasn't stopped drinking so his face is still bloated but he doesn't care about that. The voice is stronger and he can still move fine. He's the only one in gnr that can still have a drink when he wants

• Like 1

He looks better in the paparazzi photos than the TMZ video. 

At this point he kind of reminds me of what it was like to meet Angus Young; the guy on stage seems so far removed physically from the old sickly looking guy standing in front of you!

33 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What makes you say this now? He's lost a lot of weight, he's got hair, he's clean shaven and his clothes are modern and cool. What kind of clothes should he be wearing (according to you)?

If we are talking worst aged celebrities, I think Macaulay Culkin from Home Alone takes the cake. 35 years old going on 70. Don't do drugs, everyone.

2 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Axl seemed pretty chill in that interview, looks like he is happy lately which is good for us fans!! 

I totally agree.

Both onstage and off (in the vids and pics we've seen), Axl looks happy, content - almost at peace. 

It's really great to see. :) 

I bet everybody in this forum are athletes and lifting with Dwayne Johnson 24/7 and is on lchf diet 7 days a week. ffs Axl looks just like a normal 50+ year old man. Looks better than most blokes are in their 50s.

" oh no, he just had a bottle of Stella, now he´s gonna look bloated and the whole tour´s on stake" bullshit.

I´m just glad he seems to be happy and more spark in him+a killer voice. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I think it has to do with the before and afters. Look at Duff in 1992 and then look at him now. Sure, he's wearing some lines on his face and stuff, but in some ways, the guy looks BETTER than he did then. Axl, on the other hand, was a sex symbol back in the early 90's. He was on every woman's "to do" list. When you compare his 1991/1993 self to now, it's the opposite of Duff. He just hasn't taken care of himself like Duff has. 

It's his choice and I wouldn't fault him for it. But I think that's where the criticism comes from.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

This :thumbsup:

axl-rose-arrives-at-lax_5228084.jpg

they see me rolling... they hatin'

Seriously tho, Axl is so different - for the better. He's on time to get on stage, he's participating in the soundchecks, he looks so happy on stage and now this. I think we can expect great things to come.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, emybdc said:

they see me rolling... they hatin'

Seriously tho, Axl is so different - for the better. He's on time to get on stage, he's participating in the soundchecks, he looks so happy on stage and now this. I think we can expect great things to come.

Or maybe the apocalypse is coming! :scared:

:P

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

I bet everybody in this forum are athletes and lifting with Dwayne Johnson 24/7 and is on lchf diet 7 days a week. ffs Axl looks just like a normal 50+ year old man. Looks better than most blokes are in their 50s.

" oh no, he just had a bottle of Stella, now he´s gonna look bloated and the whole tour´s on stake" bullshit.

I´m just glad he seems to be happy and more spark in him+a killer voice. :)

Axl has stopped looking like Axl since he made his reappearance in 2001. He was already a mess in 2002. That is 14 years ago and only 9 years removed from 1993. The guy became a mess in such a short time. I am 38 and still look like I did in my early to mid 20's. 

P.s even Steven Adler aged better than Axl.

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Axl has stopped looking like Axl since he made his reappearance in 2001. He was already a mess in 2002. That is 14 years ago and only 9 years removed from 1993. The guy became a mess in such a short time. I am 38 and still look like I did in my early to mid 20's. 

P.s even Steven Adler aged better than Axl.

Maybe Axl didn't want to look like Axl anymore 

Props to Axl so far this year!  He has been on his best behavior, making friends with Slash, showing up in a good mood for shows!  That's great!

You gotta admit though, that whole scooter deal really kills the bad ass rock star groove. 

17 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Props to Axl so far this year!  He has been on his best behavior, making friends with Slash, showing up in a good mood for shows!  That's great!

You gotta admit though, that whole scooter deal really kills the bad ass rock star groove. 

What else do you expect him to do?

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

He was just a 50 year old man eating poorly, drinking every day, and not exercising outside of touring....that's worse than health issues. He definitely has found a workout regime this past year, but he hasn't stopped drinking so his face is still bloated but he doesn't care about that. The voice is stronger and he can still move fine. He's the only one in gnr that can still have a drink when he wants

The weight could be due to meds though... a lot of anti-depressants and the like cause bad weight gain

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tberrie007 said:

no shit man...worst aged rock star list?  I still strongly believe that the axl we saw from 2012 -2014 was a man that was having health issues/complications etc. does anyone else see this is a likely possibility?

Yes. And on some medication that caused weight gain perhaps.

3 hours ago, bigpoop said:

The mother thing is especially weird because Beta appears to be roughly the same age as Axl. Maybe five years older or something like that but not much more.

It makes you wonder about his state of mind. 

And what woman, only a few years senior to a man, would be happy to be called his mother. She really has played her hand so well. 

• Like 1