7,000 Belgian AC/DC Fans Request Ticket Refunds On Concert With AXL ROSE

slitherz

7 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

I imagined option B with Chad Kroeger (Nickelback) as the replacement. That's something nightmares are made of. But yes I agree. The mainstream stigma that follows Axl after all these years is where he hate draws from. That and the fact ACDC is a long running power act with a fanbase that's diehard. Circumstances aren't good surrounding stuff that went down but might as well make the most of a bad situation and enjoy the ride. It's only happens once. I personally believe GNR fans will be pleased and the open minded and casual ACDC fans will be as well. But you'll always have the stubborn bunch who no matter what will always hate Axl whether it's for: Him being him, not liking his singing or being the "replacement". 

But even they will have to aknowledge that he sounds awesome once he starts performing if those rehearsal videos are anything to go by. I mean he basically sounds identical to the album versions, hard to ask for anything more really.

Also, looking at the negativity on AC/DC's Facebook page, a lot of them weren't even aware that Angus had performed with GN'R a couple of weeks ago, which kind of baffles me, surely if you're a fan who cares enough to spout such opinions then a curious YouTube search would be high on your agenda? Apparently not, so as far as I, and many other fans who are still happily going to the show are concerned, they can go and fuck themselves.

This is the thing for me if the hardcore fans decide they either don't like or don't want what they hear. There's no middle ground as I said in another thread. How will Axl react to booing or stuff being thrown at him. Axl has to get the DC fans onside pretty quick I. e. in the first couple of numbers. Maybes they've closed the forums as they plan some kind of protest at the shows ? I don't know Saturdays show is going to be massive let's hope it goes well.

53 minutes ago, Chilliconcarne said:

Doesn't Angus take no bullshit from idiots who throw things though? 

I think if the crowd try to hurt axl by throwing things or whatever then Angus needs to be the one to tell them. 

I hope axl stays calm. 

I remember seeing this once where a fan who was really close up next to the stage, threw his drink at Angus' face. The crowd got a hold of the guy and Angus motioned the guy towards him and they push him forward. Angus just leant over and squeezed his nose. :lol:

• Like 1

Another reason I do not like it is the following. AC/DC began as this band who obtained a following among typical Aussie 'mates'; they were an escapist release for cricket loving ute driving Aussie males to listen to juvenile bar room shuffles and rip roaring rockers. They were Acca Dacca. It is all about jeans and beer. Then when DC gained international currency they appealed to a similar demographic in the northern hemisphere, jeans wearing macho males in urban towns like Chicago, Newcastle and Birmingham. AC/DC are a down to the earth, you know where you are, act. They are a Aussie/Scottish/Geordie hybrid of a band. It does not get more down to earth than that!! And musically, they will never pull a ballad on you or suddenly take an interest in prog jazz fusion or industrial. They are simply glorious in their artlessness.

Now Axl, Axl, Axl. Axl's reputation is this mansioned up wanker surrounded by sycophants wiping his bottom. The image of Axl is one of limousines and private jets. And then there is the descent into dreary ballads and artsy fartsy industrial experiments. There is nothing that is down to earth about the guy. The guy spent billions on some crank called Yoda in Phoenix who was receiving 'signals and vibrations'. Basically everything Axl stands for is the opposite of what 'DC stand for!!

(Yes I know what the reply will be: ''DC have mansions and jets also''. But it is about the perception that is put out).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Another reason I do not like it is the following. AC/DC began as this band who obtained a following among typical Aussie 'mates'; they were an escapist release for cricket loving ute driving Aussie males to listen to juvenile bar room shuffles and rip roaring rockers. They were Acca Dacca. It is all about jeans and beer. Then when DC gained international currency they appealed to a similar demographic in the northern hemisphere, jeans wearing macho males in urban towns like Chicago, Newcastle and Birmingham. AC/DC are a down to the earth, you know where you are, act. They are a Aussie/Scottish/Geordie hybrid of a band. It does not get more down to earth than that!! And musically, they will never pull a ballad on you or suddenly take an interest in prog jazz fusion or industrial. They are simply glorious in their artlessness.

Now Axl, Axl, Axl. Axl's reputation is this mansioned up wanker surrounded by sycophants wiping his bottom. The image of Axl is one of limousines and private jets. And then there is the descent into dreary ballads and artsy fartsy industrial experiments. There is nothing that is down to earth about the guy. The guy spent billions on some crank called Yoda in Phoenix who was receiving 'signals and vibrations'. Basically everything Axl stands for is the opposite of what 'DC stand for!!

(Yes I know what the reply will be: ''DC have mansions and jets also''. But it is about the perception that is put out).

They do have that one little ballad called Love Song, where Bon sings an ode to his ex-wife (though he changes up the name). Yeah, AC/DC are really down to earth no doubt. But, Axl for all his jets and limos is still just a guy from Lafayette, Indiana. THAT guy loves rocking to Whole Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff for fun, in the middle of his epic ballads and industrial experiments. Whatever his reputation, to THAT guy, loving and singing AC/DC comes as naturally as it does to any Aussie bloke who spray paints a 'Bon Lives' under a bridge. Axl is doing this because he loves it and it fits him. I don't see any dissonance whatsoever.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I remember seeing this once where a fan who was really close up next to the stage, threw his drink at Angus' face. The crowd got a hold of the guy and Angus motioned the guy towards him and they push him forward. Angus just leant over and squeezed his nose. :lol:

Oh dear if someone throws a beer over Axl like that i just don't see him letting it slide at all.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If I was exclusively an AC/DC fan, i.e. not a particular admirer of Guns N' Roses, I would have done the exact same thing. Understand three things here,

A/ Imagine if Axl was replaced with somebody like Sebastian Bach for a Guns tour you had tickets for. You would not be very happy, would you?

B/ Outside Guns N' Roses fandom, and GN'R fora, W. Axl Rose is basically as popular as AIDS crossed with cancer. Imagine if A happened but with the added drama of it being a deeply unpopular (outside the fanbase) singer. You wake up and your favourite band is fronted by Gary Glitter or Gene Simmons!!

C/ AC/DC have dispensed with Brian, obviously a very popular person among DC fans, with all the grace as how one would dispense with a used tampon. The official announcement was cold in its formality. It was like how one would communicate with a bank manager.

Now throw those three points together and it is thoroughly understandable why they are returning these tickets.

A/  it's not he same thing : axl is gnr's fontman. brian wasn't ac/dc frontman (he's kind of a matt sorum, no disrespect to matt).

moreover, sebastian bach isn't in the same league as axl whereas axl is in an upper league than brian (he couldn't realla sing anymore, he's almost 70...).

B/ that's no true.

many ac/dc fans (not the integrist and narrow minded ones) are also gnr fans.

C/ fans shouldn't care about the business stuff, they should only care about the music (is it good or is it bad ? looks like axl/dc will sound great, nothing else should matter to music fans).

2 minutes ago, supercool said:

A/  it's not he same thing : axl is gnr's fontman. brian wasn't ac/dc frontman (he's kind of a matt sorum, no disrespect to matt).

Ehh, no!!

(It is rare I'm rendered speechless).

2 minutes ago, supercool said:

moreover, sebastian bach isn't in the same league as axl whereas axl is in an upper league than brian (he couldn't realla sing anymore, he's almost 70...).

Subjective. I for instance happen to prefer Brian (to Axl) and it would not be hard to find others.

4 minutes ago, supercool said:

B/ that's no true.

If you made a poll on a general music site, ''the top twenty most despised men in rock'', W. Axl Rose's name is going to be somewhere in the top 5 alongside Gene Simmons and Gary Glitter and that is just fact. For the layman, Axl ''doesn't turn up on time, storms off stage in tantrums and sacks his band members''.

11 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

exactly. and the rest of the band is still there!

The "rest of the band" is one of the reasons diehard AC/DC fans are especially sore about this. It's not like Brian is the only member who left the band recently; Malcolm and Phil both left in the last two years and both were original members, leaving Angus as the sole original member even last year. Granted Malcolm's departure was unavoidable, but that alone was the death toll of the band for a lot of hardcore fans. Then Phil fucked his life up and got replaced, and even more people gave up on the band. Granted, both were replaced by AC/DC alumni, but that was enough for a lot of fans to give up on them. Add Brian on top of that, I can see where so many people are upset about it. Personally, I'm okay with it - 4 out of 5 members have been in AC/DC at some point before, but I don't want to see Axl/DC turn into an ongoing thing. I think they need to do this tour and call it a day.

5 minutes ago, supercool said:

B/ that's no true.

C/ fans shouldn't care about the business stuff, they should only care about the music (is it good or is it bad ? looks like axl/dc will sound great, nothing else should matter to music fans).

Angus and Brian are sort of both frontmen for AC/DC - they both work the crowd. Comparing Brian to Matt Sorum is laughable. Brian was a full-fledged member of the band - he was more integral to the band than Phil/Simon/Chris or Cliff for sure. Keep in mind as well that he was one of only 4 people to ever take part in writing AC/DC songs, with the others being Angus, Malcolm, and Bon. 

As for the "business stuff", why shouldn't fans care about it? It shows what the bands intentions are, why they're doing what they're doing. Not to mention coming from you, given your stance on various GN'R lineups, that's a tad hypocritical. Let's not even talk about how Axl's voice has been up and down over the last few years, let's just look at the "good" years; 2001, 2006, and 2010. Axl and the band sounded, objectively, good. Whether or not you like the band during those periods is another story - even in the media you'll be hard pressed to find a critic who faulted the quality of the music, rather than the idea of Axl touring without the original members. But if we apply the logic that you're applying to AC/DC, that as long as the music sounds good then everyone should be happy, than you should be a massive fan of NuGN'R, at least during those three years I mentioned. But that's not the case with you in regards to GN'R, is it?It's easy to say something like "the business factor doesn't matter as long as the music is good" when it's a band you're not as attached to or invested in. For a lot of diehard AC/DC fans, this move is comparable to Axl forming NuGN'R - Angus going out on his own with no other original members (Granted Cliff is a longtime member, but if you want to make comparisons between GN'R and AC/DC, he fits the role of Dizzy in this analogy I'd say) to play the old songs.

Again, I'm a massive fan of this idea, but only because AC/DC and Gn'R are two of my absolute favorite bands. If I wasn't as invested in GN'R, I can see where this is a bad move to other fans.

• Like 1

Just now, supercool said:

diesel, why speechless?

angus is the leader and frontman of ac/dc, it's been like that for a long time.

I'll give you leader but what is that thing Brian is doing when he works up a section of an audience, or says ''You want some Dirty Deeds?'', or says ''This is a song about a dirty woman?'' Is he just moving up and down the stage and talking with the crowd for the good of his health? What will we call it, ahh yes, it begins with a 'f'.

All quotes from the double live album by the way.

And your Sorum comparison was absolutely absurd. Are you aware that Brian wrote the lyrics for Back in Black?

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Yeah, silly fanbase for caring about the actual line up of the band, how insane, where do they get this ridiculous notions? :lol:  Fuck it, send me out there, call it Len/DC!

it's only a small part of the ac/dc fanbase who's reacting negatively.

i think most of it is curious about axl/dc.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Don't Cry is the first song Axl and Izzy wrote for GN'R. That's right, Izzy...the guy you worship while trashing Axl every chance you get on this forum. Izzy also wrote Patience. In my opinion, those two ballads are every bit as down to earth as anything AC/DC has ever done. Just because it's a ballad doesn't mean it can't be down to earth.

6 hours ago, The Archer said:

This is just so awesome, How have I not seen this before?! What a cool reaction! 

12 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

It hasn't been like that for a long time. Malcolm was always the undisputed leader in AC/DC.  

It was Malcolm's band and he founded it. But, from a performance and creative standpoint, it's clear that Angus was the driving force. This is a moot point anyway, because they always seemed in step with each other.

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yeah, I gotcha.

Axl is HOLLYWOOD and Ac/Dc are the band for anglosaxon working class. LOL.

Beyond the mansion and the dollars, Axl is still a singer passionate about his rock n' roll. He knows all those Nur Khan's (or whatever) are fake and they will not be there next to his death bed.

I just hope that he chooses the right attire for these shows. If he goes out wearing all that extremely expensive jewelry, huge diamond rings and shit, that will enrage the ACDC fans even more.

Please no studded jackets and bling bling or beer cans will fly like its WWIII :lol:

• Like 2