7,000 Belgian AC/DC Fans Request Ticket Refunds On Concert With AXL ROSE

slitherz

28 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Reception on Slade's Facebook has been mostly (surprisingly) positive. Lots of people saying they're keeping their tickets just for the sheer curiosity and seeing Angus.

Yeah, but those are also the people who liked the idea of Slade coming back, which already says they're open to lineup changes when necessary :P

6 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Yeah, but those are also the people who liked the idea of Slade coming back, which already says they're open to lineup changes when necessary :P

Shh, I just wanted to bask in some Facebook positivity. :lol:

• Like 1

hey guys,

as a Belgian I'm embarrassed by "my people" returning their tix. Don't think Belgians are ignorant halfnuts when it comes to rock music though. Don't let 7000 people give you that impression!

I'm one of those lucky bastards who could barely refrain from snickering when he bought a ticket from a desilusioned "fan" who claimed "i'm a metal fan since the '80s and I tell ya, theres no AC/DC without brian". LMAO!!!! apparently that guy didn't realize brian himself is a replacement. lmfao. what an idiot.

that's 7000 ignorant people, but equally 7000 people who will have the chance to buy a ticket still, and have the time of their lives

others oracled "hey, why is Axl sitting in a wheelchair? what a freak. who don't he move? I told you it would suck!"

it's a pity that 7000 people managed to make a laughing stock of my country's people.

I'm going to be there, wearing my appetite for destruction t shirt, shouting "Axl!Axl" as loud as I can, with a beer in one hand and my minicam in the other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why are you embarrassed of your countryfolk? Think what would happen in Axl was replaced by somebody like Sebastian Bach in Guns. Returning the tickets was a perfectly understandable reaction.

I've read your post on the first page, but I can't agree. it would not be the same as replacing Axl with Sebastian bach. Bach isn't of the same caliber as Axl. it would be more like replacing Axl with mercury or jim Morrison (if they were still alive). I would feel extatic at the prospect of hearing my favorite music being re-interpreted by one of the altime greatest performers.

and THAT's why these shows will be legendary, and why people selling their tickets don't know rock legend when it's biting them in the ass.

I would sell my ticket too if they replaced a world class performer with someone like Bach though, but that's a whole different situation.

Brian Johnson will be forever known as the singer who replaced the iconic bon scott. brian is not one of the greatest performers. but Axl is.  

2 minutes ago, action said:

I've read your post on the first page, but I can't agree. it would not be the same as replacing Axl with Sebastian bach. Bach isn't of the same caliber as Axl. it would be more like replacing Axl with mercury or jim Morrison (if they were still alive). I would feel extatic at the prospect of hearing my favorite music being re-interpreted by one of the altime greatest performers.

and THAT's why these shows will be legendary, and why people selling their tickets don't know rock legend when it's biting them in the ass.

I would sell my ticket too if they replaced a world class performer with someone like Bach though, but that's a whole different situation.

Brian Johnson will be forever known as the singer who replaced the iconic bon scott. brian is not one of the greatest performers. but Axl is.  

I think a lot of people would refund their tickets if Axl had been replaced with Mercury or Morrison also; the latter two may be 'legends' but they are not ''GN'R legends' - they are not the people who sung Appetite - and people form attachments to frontmen. Also, who is certified a 'legend' is subjective. Some would question Axl's inclusion in the ranks of 'legends' and they are perfectly entitled to that opinion.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I think a lot of people would refund their tickets if Axl had been replaced with Mercury or Morrison also; the latter two may be 'legends' but they are not ''GN'R legends' - they are not the people who sung Appetite - and people form attachments to frontmen. Also, who is certified a 'legend' is subjective. Some would question Axl's inclusion in the ranks of 'legends' and they are perfectly entitled to that opinion.

well, we have to agree to disagree on that point then.

brian Johnson didn't sing on the first AC/DC albums either, but people went with him anyway. I wonder how many of them sold their tickets now...

for me, all that matters is having a good time. AXL/DC is the most exciting thing happening now. until the GNR stadium shows, that is ;)

4 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

Reaction on Belgian social media about the Axl/DC gig seem to have left people baffled, you can tell they were craving for an Axl bashfest, but it never came. Instead most of them admit he sounded great.

they had the pitchforks ready, but the mob never came.

AC/DC put out ten - I repeat ten - albums with Brian Johnson, one of which is AC/DC's biggest selling and most loved album. 'Hell's Bells', ''Back In Black'', ''You Shook Me'', ''Shoot to Thrill'' ''For Those About to Rock'', ''Thunderstruck'' are all Brian songs. Brian therefore deserves his reputation as a 'honourary' founder.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

Reaction on Belgian social media about the Axl/DC gig seem to have left people baffled, you can tell they were craving for an Axl bashfest, but it never came. Instead most of them admit he sounded great.

Unless the people who refunded their tickets refunded them because they envisioned a substandard Axl performance, I assume their reasons for refunding them still stands, and that they would have done the same thing again had they known the fact that Axl would be in good nick in Lisbon.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Belgian here. I sold my tickets when I heard it was going to be with a replacement and bought them back when I heard it was going to be Axl. I don't think I would have if it would have been someone else. So I can understand why some fans don't want to come. 

I saw AC/DC last year wih Brian and I wanted that to be my last memory of the band. I only bought a ticket now, because I'm also a GNR-fan and it's basically a combination of two of my favorite bands. If I wasn't a GNR-fan, I don't think I would have gone. 

Edited by st0n3r
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would return my tickets if Axl was replaced. Even by Freddie or Steven Tyler. It's totally understandable that people would want ag refund. That's why they've brought in Axl, it's nothing to do with them wanting him in the band it's to resell tickets to gnr fans. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I would return my tickets if Axl was replaced. Even by Freddie or Steven Tyler. It's totally understandable that people would want ag refund. That's why they've brought in Axl, it's nothing to do with them wanting him in the band it's to resell tickets to gnr fans. 

Yep. Replace Brian with Marc Storace or a tribute singer and you still have a bunch of refunds but no extra fanbase to pick up the slack. GN'R fans in Europe will definitely fill the refunded tickets, especially after video evidence that Axl has legit rasp. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Yep. Replace Brian with Marc Storace or a tribute singer and you still have a bunch of refunds but no extra fanbase to pick up the slack. GN'R fans in Europe will definitely fill the refunded tickets, especially after video evidence that Axl has legit rasp. 

This is how you know that Angus is a canny businessman. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Also very smart decision to fly in all those big time media publications for the first show. The video footage and rave reviews from critics shifted buzz from mostly negative to mostly very positive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Who's going to be mad enough to miss Axl in the best form he's been in for years, as a gnr fan? Very good business sense, and slick promo too from AC/DC. 

It seems to be an added bonus that they look to be actually getting along well. 

The US dates might be harder to sell as the gnr fanbase will be skint from seeing gnr.

Wonder if that's why they've not rescheduled yet. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Unless the people who refunded their tickets refunded them because they envisioned a substandard Axl performance, I assume their reasons for refunding them still stands, and that they would have done the same thing again had they known the fact that Axl would be in good nick in Lisbon.

You misunderstand, I didn't expect them to change their minds lol. Fuck, I don't want them there, let 'em mourn Brian at home for all I care. They can put on Back in Black and have a BBQ.

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Who's going to be mad enough to miss Axl in the best form he's been in for years, as a gnr fan? Very good business sense, and slick promo too from AC/DC. 

It seems to be an added bonus that they look to be actually getting along well. 

The US dates might be harder to sell as the gnr fanbase will be skint from seeing gnr.

Wonder if that's why they've not rescheduled yet. 

Good thing is from what I understand the rest of AC/DC's U.S. dates are arenas instead of stadiums. So it should be easier to cover any refunds from diehard AC/DC fans.

• Like 1

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

Good thing is from what I understand the rest of AC/DC's U.S. dates are arenas instead of stadiums. So it should be easier to cover any refunds from diehard AC/DC fans.

I see, well then that will sell no problem then. Win win for AC/DC. 

I wish the shows here were arenas.