ACDC and Axl say hello to fans (Video)

joaompc

And TBH the whole thing is inadvertently hilarious.

Not only is it awkward AF watching these three over-50’s try to feign maximum levels of turntness, it’ll make you realise the gaping generational divide between Acca Dacca and the Gunners frontman, who looks like a deadset spring chicken compared to Grandpa Angus (who someone probably needs to teach how to pronounce the word “Portugal”, just FYI).

Read more at http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/acdc-axl-rose-make-first-public-appearance-hilariously-awkward-facebook-video/#dSf1V8eOjHDKd7aO.99

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Pretty cool. I don't think Axl or Cliff we're prepared to say anything and figured Angus would say everything but after he stopped talking they kind of felt obligated and that's why seemed a little awkward :lol:

Axl was looking off-camera suggesting he might have had a PR person guiding him about when to speak etc.

3 hours ago, Epson said:

lol so strange seeing Axl not in the middle :lol:.

Yeah, he's definitely assuming the air of the alpha dog this time. There's no question that Angus is in charge here. Axl has an air of suitable deference and respectfulness - no surprise there. I think it bodes well on multiple levels. For these coming performances and for GN'R.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl was looking off-camera suggesting he might have had a PR person guiding him about when to speak etc.

They all were looking at someone giving directions. That person should have told them to look straight on the camera.

Most of it looks improvised. Like they came up with the idea very quickly and didn't give much thought to preparing a better speech.

sometimes it's better that way..

This was too awkward. Must be from a longer segment.

I don't think anyone should be surprised at a level of promotion across this tour. Axl will do whatever he's told to a point here, he's fronting one his favourite bands, this is not a job like GnR has become, this is probably more of a dream come true for him. The core fans are up in arms over his involvement and the band's PR will need them on side. The official AC/DC social channels are plugging testimonials from other rockers praising Axl's inclusion. There will be more charm offensive to come i'm sure. 

I have high hopes for this partnership, i'm absolutely gutted i can't make the London date. Seeing these two worlds collide will be special, even if Axl only brings the level of rasp shown thus far, there will be guaranteed moments of brilliance throughout this European Tour. Fingers crossed for a proshot version of an O2 2010 level performance of Whole Lotta Rosie!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Axl's putting 300% more effort into Axl/DC than the reunion:

• He's actually rehearsing
  • By some miracle, the planets aligned and it seems he's got that rapsy voice back, at least on the rehearsals
  • He's actually doing interviews?!

He's done two out of three of those as far as Guns has been going...

54 minutes ago, prettytiedup88 said:

The official AC/DC social channels are plugging testimonials from other rockers praising Axl's inclusion.

Huh, really?!

Which channels exactly as I've seen no evidence of this so far.

What rockers or do you just mean fan comments?