Rehearsal at Venue in Lisbon Video

tsinindy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

59 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

Almost in tears when he sings "YES I'M BACK!!"   Yes Axl, you´re back for sure! :headbang:

Seriously amazing and not even fan boy hyperbole for a change...Axl IS back!!!
The work ethic and rehearsals have done him the world of good!

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

Holy shit Axl, slow down man. It sounds ridiculously good, but ridiculously unhealthy. Fuck, I hope it is sustainable - maybe Axl himself doesn't know if it is and is finding out soon.

That is some serious late 80's/early 90's rasp there. I didn't think he still had this in him. Even listening to it makes my hand reach for my throat to check if everything is allright.

He is doing what we wanted, that is going all in to get the rasp. I think he will either 1) find out he can still do this nightly or 2) obliterate whatever's left of his voice. I hope it's 1.

7 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Holy shit Axl, slow down man. It sounds ridiculously good, but ridiculously unhealthy. Fuck, I hope it is sustainable - maybe Axl himself doesn't know if it is and is finding out soon.

That is some serious late 80's/early 90's rasp there. I didn't think he still had this in him. Even listening to it makes my hand reach for my throat to check if everything is allright.

He is doing what we wanted, that is going all in to get the rasp. I think he will either 1) find out he can still do this nightly or 2) obliterate whatever's left of his voice. I hope it's 1.

They've already had over 20 rehearsals, I think it's safe to say he's not gonna blow his voice out. It's quite funny how we as fans get when it comes to Axl, it's like people have forgotten that he's actually a professional vocalist and is fully aware by this point how not to destroy his voice.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Obviously a bit different in a live setting but he's been rehearsing on and off for a month and no problem as of yet, apparently...
We have to remember although he's been around a while, he hasn't toured as much as the normal rock star at his age, obviously

the last 10 years quite a bit, but he had like 8 years of nothing, so Axl may have plenty left in the tank and is finally deciding to USE IT!

Edited by colonizedmind

The thing with Axl is he always makes great covers of songs, his voice is unique enough to make it his own but his respect and love for the music always gives it justice. Look at gnr who love playing cover songs...they nail them. So the ACDC thing makes even more sense to give to Axl..he just gets it.

• Like 1

I think the ACDC rehearsals video just confirmed what I've been thought since 2012. The guy NEVER LOST his voice. The whole "Mickey Mouse" thing is a mix of bad training/way to conserve his voice.
It's also clear in the Vegas DVD, where he sings like a demon in some parts (Jungle, YCBM ending, Easy, Better bridge ecc) and he uses the clean voice in other parts.

I honestly don't understand why people still say "He can't sing anymore".

Edited by Torb
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Lol, I'm reading AC/DC fans say there's too much rasp on the clips.

If they only knew our pain. :lol:

I actually hope we get a live DVD. They filmed the September 2015 Chicago show with Brian for release, so maybe they can give us a double release.

Just now, James Bond said:

If they only knew our pain. :lol:

I actually hope we get a live DVD. They filmed the September 2015 Chicago show with Brian for release, so maybe they can give us a double release.

it's all very surreal. Literally, complaining that Axl's voice is too gritty and forceful  

8 hours ago, danijel00 said:

Fuck it, this is amazing

It's awesome to know he still has the classic raspy voice in him, but frustrating he won't use it on You Could Be Mine. 

1 hour ago, Pedrolg said:

Lol, I'm reading AC/DC fans say there's too much rasp on the clips.

WTF? They haven't met Mickey. Take the rasp all day long and be very happy AC/DC fans!