GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

My uncle has a heart condition too, not the same as Slash but the word is "moderate" exercise for him, i read somewhere Slash jogs by doctor's order but after 3 hours where he runs, jumps and hold an heavy instrument i guess he has already done all the exercise he can do without fatiguing his heart, i don't know about the others, i guess they are simply tired, Axl is 54 and Duff is 52, your body starts to slow down in your middle age and you get tired more easily than before.

I would like to race in the kart too, even simply driving one of them going "BEEP BEEP!" when i pass near someone, i have fun with little things :lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tiutso said:

@giuls d'you know @stateomaine on rockfic? I realized it was her loft fic that I read :lol:

Yes! That's the one i was referring too, it is basically the only one dealing with the "logistic" of them sharing the bed and it's a damn shame because it's the perfect excuse :lol: Axl-the-wife is great :rofl-lol:

5 minutes ago, giuls said:

Yes! That's the one i was referring too, it is basically the only one dealing with the "logistic" of them sharing the bed and it's a damn shame because it's the perfect excuse :lol: Axl-the-wife is great :rofl-lol:

Axl, a "ghost, stitched together with neuroticism and fear instead of bone and sinew", is such a great description, too :lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, giuls said:

My uncle has a heart condition too, not the same as Slash but the word is "moderate" exercise for him, i read somewhere Slash jogs by doctor's order but after 3 hours where he runs, jumps and hold an heavy instrument i guess he has already done all the exercise he can do without fatiguing his heart, i don't know about the others, i guess they are simply tired, Axl is 54 and Duff is 52, your body starts to slow down in your middle age and you get tired more easily than before.

Does Slash still has his heartproblem? I read that he has his defilibrator deactivated and that his heart is at a normal size again (but i read that years ago).

Yeah, 'moderate' exercise would be the right thing for him, if he still has a heartproblem.

My dad had the same thing as Slash, he wasnt that lucky, he died a couple of years after the diagnosis, but he was also older than Slash

Edit: but i think the whole cart-thing is just to save time. Because all the running around from this place to that place would take up a lot of their time.

Edited by RooSaa

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Slash trying to look at Axl secretly but fail :P

I was actually thinking about this Slash back-breaking-signature-position the other day. I hadn't seen him do it recently, even in concert, and I was wondering if it was do to geriatric hips or ? Glad he can still do this!

45 minutes ago, giuls said:

I would like to race in the kart too, even simply driving one of them going "BEEP BEEP!" when i pass near someone, i have fun with little things :lol:

They probably need them to get to the after party with all those models on the rooftop, where they were so tired they stayed up there till 5am :lol: 

11 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Does Slash still has his heartproblem? I read that he has his defilibrator deactivated and that his heart is at a normal size again (but i read that years ago).

Yeah, 'moderate' exercise would be the right thing for him, if he still has a heartproblem.

My dad had the same thing as Slash, he wasnt that lucky, he died a couple of years after the diagnosis, but he was also older than Slash

Edit: but i think the whole cart-thing is just to save time. Because all the running around from this place to that place would take up a lot of their time.

Yes, cardiomyopathy  doesn't go away, it can be managed well but it's still here and i remember where i heard about the exercise, in the David Letterman's interview he said the doctors said him to do "minor exercise" 

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They probably need them to get to the after party with all those models on the rooftop, where they were so tired they stayed up there till 5am :lol: 

They have to save energy to party, obviously :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giuls said:

Yes, cardiomyopathy  doesn't go away, it can be managed well but it's still here and i remember where i heard about the exercise, in the David Letterman's interview he said the doctors said him to do "minor exercise"

Okay. So it looks as if he is able to manage it really well

3 hours ago, Frey said:

"Somewhere along the way"?! :lol:

It changed when TB/Axl contacted Jarmo and made him part of the entourage. Before that Jarmo was just a fan with a fan site, so HTGTH was just a fan forum like any other.

But then TB made Jarmo their bitch and Jarmo had to turn HTGTH into the Axl ass-licking dictatorship it is today, or he would have risked being kicked out of Axl's entourage again. Obviously Jarmo likes being part of the gravy train and so he does whatever they tell him to.

Here's a funny cartoon about it (made by the lady who made all these other funny cartoons that were posted here some time ago).

I'll only link to it because I don't wanna get banned for dissing Jarmo or something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGpwC3erKBg

Well yeah, obviously Axl would have been less lonely with all his old friends around. One more thing to blame TB for.

Why did you nearly get banned btw @SerenityScorp ??

This Jarmo video is too funny, thanks for sharing. Someone went through a lot to make this video.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I put this in the AXL/DC forum, but in case some of you don't go in there... Looks like they got him a personalised mic stand :) 

image.jpeg

soooooooon :wub:

of course the weather over the next few days is supposed to be terrible. Florida fucking things up per usual 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stella said:

None of your business how old I am - and unless you're tight w/Axl, how do you know what the truth is?

If they were only there for the money, they'd have pushed Axl into a reunion 10 or 15 years ago and not supported NuGNR. Because a reunion's where the $$'s at.

And whatever TB's agenda might be, they *are* Axl's adopted family and have been there for him when nobody else was.

Reunion may mean a lot more money but it also means lose of control on their part. Having Slash, Duff and hypothetically the rest of the original bandmembers back in is a bigger risk than anything else.
With nuGNR they would hire and fire any musician they wanted. Those musicians don't have a saying with the band at all. There's no risk of losing power with a DJ Ashba or a Bumblefoot.

Slash and Duff are different. They wrote most of GN'R catalogue and were always partners with Axl. Their influence and power over the band's future is a risk for TB managing GN'R.

I think from the TOUR BOOK scanned pages, the last page, gives an idea of how the partnership and management is distributed now. Looks like they are all going individually, with their own managers. You can read a Team Slash list and a Team Duff list.

As for the last statement, just because someone is family, that doesn't give them the right to manipulate and abuse another member of the family.

Axl can't be eternally thanking them for what they did whenever they helped him. Never forget that help started under employment contract, not like a mother or brother, selflessly, would help a son.

They've got help from Axl too. Probably he changed their lives, took them out of misery and gave them a lifestyle none of them EVER dreamed of back in Brazil.

This is a two-ways street, in my opinion.

5 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-nightmare-models-concerts/

@killuridols Is this You? :question:

killuridols posted:

“Models get ‘free tickets’ but the agency is paid by GN’R to select X amount of women, put them in a van and make them show up at the concert. It is part of their job. They cannot refuse, like you cannot refuse a task given by your boss at the office. Most probably they know only one song of this band and they would not pay one single penny from their pockets to see them on their own will.”

jeeeez wtf :facepalm:

:rolleyes:

Why would they use my opinion, that I pulled out of my ass, for a journalistic article? :rofl-lol:

oh lord, at least, my real name doesn't show there or else I'd be paying a visit to Bret ;)

• Like 3