GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Girl, Poland and Hungary are definitely considered Eastern Europe by everyone where I live :P I can see how that would seem strange from a Russian perspective, but here in central Europe (and also in western and north Europe)? Everything that is east of Germany and Austria (so basically everything that was beyond the iron curtain) is thought of as Eastern Europe.

Exactly! Due to our history we (Czech Republic) are still considered Eastern Europe even though we're in the center center and border Germany and Austria. Czech Republic and everything east from us is historically Eastern Europe and there are still a lot of people who think we are Russians or Czechoslovakia or "never heard of that country before". ;)

Just now, Asia said:

Polish :)

Cool! We're neighbours :headbang:

Just now, Frey said:

Willow Amelia is better than I would have expected from Axl. It's no Apple or North West at least (and Axl could easily have come up with a ridiculous pun name a la Kanye as well with the surnam he's got.)

It's really confusing to me how people can name their children with basically any noun in English-speaking countries. Doesn't it sound awkward? You couldn't do that with Russian names without coming off as a weirdo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ha ha, we have lots of family in Belfast. There's no shortage there :) 

Lots of my family are ginger. And mad as a box of frogs :lol:

I was staying in Bray, so mostly hanging out about Dublin, in terms of big cities. Went to Cork, too. Going to Northern Ireland would probably require some additional logistics, no one would bother doing that for us kids :D

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Exactly! Due to our history we (Czech Republic) are still considered Eastern Europe even though we're in the center center and border Germany and Austria. Czech Republic and everything east from us is historically Eastern Europe and there are still a lot of people who think we are Russians or Czechoslovakia or "never heard of that country before". ;)

Wait, there are people who think the Czech are Russian?

Edited by tiutso
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Wait, there are people who think the Chezch are Russian?

Oh yeah. It happens to me quite often in Italy (but not necessarily from Italians, I've met a lot of foreign people there).

"Where are you from?"

"Czech Republic."

"So you're Russian!"

"No, I'm not. I'm Czech."

"It's the same. Let's drink some vodka."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

Oh yeah. It happens to me quite often in Italy (but not necessarily from Italians, I've met a lot of foreign people there).

"Where are you from?"

"Czech Republic."

"So you're Russian!"

"No, I'm not. I'm Czech."

"It's the same. Let's drink some vodka."

My condolences :rofl-lol:

On the bright side, the Russians know you're not Russian. If you're Ukranian or Belarussian, it's quite possible for you to meet a Russian who will be dead set on you being the same thing as them, anyway.

Edited by tiutso

21 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl looks so Irish to me, and Scottish. His real name is totally Scottish freedom fighter if ever I heard one :lol: 

If you sent him back in time, I could totally see him running around in his kilt fighting off the evil English. 

Yes, he does to me as well. Which is weird considering that he seems to get his looks mostly from his mother who appears to have only German ancestors.

But nothing about Axl's face and coloring looks German to me.

I think Axl has a pretty unusual face in general (weird facial structure and stuff like that), but the only people I can think of who look even remotely like him are Irish. He basically looks like a weird mix between Celtic and East Asian to me lol.

And yeah, very impish :lol: That's the perfect word, especially when he's smiling. It's one of the main things I can't resist about him :wub:

12 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Seen one total of gingers in Ireland despite staying for 2 weeks, was disappointed :D

When I was in Ireland and in the UK, I saw a lot of ginger people, but none who looked like Axl, unfortunately :max:

11 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Yep. It's a historical divide, not a geographical one. Geographically speaking, there should be no reason for the Czech republic to be considered Eastern Europe, if Austria is considered Central/Western Europe. Looking at it this way we're either both Eastern Europe already, or both Central Europe lol.

6 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

- Hes beautiful even tho He wears female clothes

- From All of His family, I wonder if its only His Grandmother tht He likes?

Well Axl likes his brother and sister as well of course.

But I remember reading somewhere that Axl used to send his grandmother a fruit basket (or flowers? something like that) every month until she died.

Thought that was sweet of him. He must have really liked her. He also used to live with her.

• Like 2

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nope, they can get lost. We're claiming Slash.

Is he claiming you? :D He's said he's instantly more comfortable in a room with 'a British person', so he might be one of those awful people to whom it's all Britain.

25 minutes ago, Asia said:

Yup, we're pretty much in the centre. Also culture-wise and religion-wise we're not eastern. We were never part of the Eastern Church, either. So calling Poland or Hungary Eastern Europe is pretty funny. But then again, Steven Tyler said we have the best bannanas here, so what do I know :rofl-lol:

Yes, there's a cultural aspect as well, but it's blurry. For example, the Baltic states are mainly Catholic and Protestant, but they can't be considered central Europe.

42 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl looks so Irish to me, and Scottish. His real name is totally Scottish freedom fighter if ever I heard one :lol: 

If you sent him back in time, I could totally see him running around in his kilt fighting off the evil English. 

And I would like to go back in time to see this :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

Yes, there's a cultural aspect as well, but it's blurry. For example, the Baltic states are mainly Catholic and Protestant, but they can't be considered central Europe.

A lotta Russians don't like to think it's Europe at all, they pretend the Baltics still belong to them lmao 

• Like 1

Just now, Slash787 said:

I don't see Russia as eastern Europe, I was in Moscow and St. Petersburg in May, it was pretty cool, It din't give me that European feeling. Russia is just Russia. 

The historical centres of them both look pretty European. The rest is a bit of a dumpster.

Just now, tiutso said:

The historical centres of them both look pretty European. The rest is a bit of a dumpster.

They look, but it gave me that "Russian" feeling to it, so it was a nice experience. 

The palaces were similar from inside compared to German ones, but the Russian ones were way better. 

39 minutes ago, Frey said:

Slash said so somewhere. In his book probably. He said something about Axl's grandma being just like Axl and that he liked her

- Sooooo He like Her because She just like Axl or because She's sweet or something :rolleyes:

- Axl N' Angus could invite Slash on the tea party

58 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl = Irish

Slash = English

Now We know why Axl N' Slash always fight

Am I the only Asian here?

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Whenever I go to Prague, I will say I am in Czechoslovakia 

:anger: But you wouldn't be the first lol. Where are you from btw?

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@Andy14 will run after me with an axe! 

Nope. Not with an axe, but with axl. I will throw him on you :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1