GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

omg all this European talk by @Lumikki @stella @tiutso @Blackstar @Andy14 and others it is making me very :drool: :drool: :drool:

:lol:

@Frey is that Axl's mom real grave?? Never seen it before  :wow:

I too also thought Axl's stepfather was way older than the mom but how do you know he is not?

Love to know all of this Axl ancestors.... He seems to embrace his Irish roots though. Wasn't he wearing an Ireland flag in the back of a vest that he wore during the ACDC European leg of the tour?

*sniffs* I smell geography. It's incredible how this thread can move from talking about TB kissing ass to St. Petersburg's palaces as smoothly as cutting through butter. Atta girls. :lol:

It's a little sad how completely clueless many Western countries are about Eastern Europe/Russia/Asia. Most Westerners I've spoken to either think that Eastern Europe is a communist union, an African wasteland, or just one huge Slavic country. And I swear, half the world believes the only things that exist in Russia are bears, vodka and barbaric commies. And no one knows the difference between Poland and the Czech Republic. I actually had a conversation with this guy once who asked me if there were TVs in my country. :facepalm:

As for Axl being Irish, yep, he looks like a mix between an elf and an imp. I don't know if any of you guys have seen the movies, but he reminds me a bit of Legolas from Lord of the Rings. :heart:

• Like 2

Just now, nonok said:

It's a little sad how completely clueless many Western countries are about Eastern Europe/Russia/Asia. Most Westerners I've spoken to either think that Eastern Europe is a communist union, an African wasteland, or just one huge Slavic country. And I swear, half the world believes the only things that exist in Russia are bears, vodka and barbaric commies. And no one knows the difference between Poland and the Czech Republic. I actually had a conversation with this guy once who asked me if there were TVs in my country. :facepalm:

Can confirm that Russia is an African wasteland :rofl-lol:

Edited by tiutso

Just now, tiutso said:

That's not what kurwa means :D

Isn't that what polish people say when they are angry? isn't it like "fucking Idiot"? 

1 minute ago, nonok said:

I actually had a conversation with this guy once who asked me if there were TVs in my country. :facepalm:

LOL

As I am an avid traveller, I would love to visit Bulgaria one day. 

Just now, Slash787 said:

Isn't that what polish people say when they are angry? isn't it like "fucking Idiot"? 

It means 'whore', pretty much. You could use it as an exclamation but it's not really fit for calling someone an idiot. @Asia will correct me if I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Can confirm that Russia is an African wasteland :rofl-lol:

You guys are too hard on yourselves. Though I'd probably say the same for my own country. I guess we should just call the world a huge junkyard and be done with it. :lol:

Just now, Slash787 said:

I remember Neve saying Kurwa all the time, her other name was also @Asia, I hope you are not the same person lol 

No, I'm definitely not :lol:

But yeah, "kurwa" functions kinda like "fuck" although it means bitch.

Edited by Asia

Just now, Slash787 said:

Pretty weird, both of you are called Asia, both from Poland, I hope your ex boyfriend or boyfriends name is not Stefan lol 

Nope, definitely not. I don't know any Asia with a boyfriend named Stefan. :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nonok said:

*sniffs* I smell geography. It's incredible how this thread can move from talking about TB kissing ass to St. Petersburg's palaces as smoothly as cutting through butter. Atta girls. :lol:

As for Axl being Irish, yep, he looks like a mix between an elf and an imp. I don't know if any of you guys have seen the movies, but he reminds me a bit of Legolas from Lord of the Rings. :heart:

lol I love when this thread gets intellectual (what the hell happened to the book reading emoticon? :question: )

People are clueless because their education system is terrible, they don't care about the rest of the world and because media perpetrates wrong images of countries/cultures because of some political agenda.

5 minutes ago, nonok said:

You guys are too hard on yourselves. Though I'd probably say the same for my own country. I guess we should just call the world a huge junkyard and be done with it. :lol:

I'm not sure if I've heard where you were from before or not, but I forget anyway :P

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

LOL

As I am an avid traveller, I would love to visit Bulgaria one day. 

Don't bother anytime soon, we're in a bit of a crisis and everything sucks balls. Europe's fucked up big time and we're in a pre-wartime state. Oh, well, I hope that doesn't stop GNR from coming over here, I'll be damned if I don't see my favorite band live because of some dumbass geopolitics. :max:

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

lol I love when this thread gets intellectual (what the hell happened to the book reading emoticon? :question: )

People are clueless because their education system is terrible, they don't care about the rest of the world and because media perpetrates wrong images of countries/cultures because of some political agenda.

I...I just fell in love with you. :wub:

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

omg all this European talk by @Lumikki @stella @tiutso @Blackstar @Andy14 and others it is making me very :drool: :drool: :drool:

:lol:

@Frey is that Axl's mom real grave?? Never seen it before  :wow:

I too also thought Axl's stepfather was way older than the mom but how do you know he is not?

Love to know all of this Axl ancestors.... He seems to embrace his Irish roots though. Wasn't he wearing an Ireland flag in the back of a vest that he wore during the ACDC European leg of the tour?

Scottish flag. There's a Scottish clan of Rose. I saw their tartan colours and history in some place I went to in the very North of Scotland. 

5 minutes ago, tiutso said:

It means 'whore', pretty much. You could use it as an exclamation but it's not really fit for calling someone an idiot. @Asia will correct me if I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

No, I'm definitely not :lol:

But yeah, "kurwa" functions kinda like "fuck" although it means bitch.

We have the same here. If Ax were Czech he'd use "kurva" and its variations all the time insted of the f-word. :rofl-lol:

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So are you all like blond people with blue/green eyes?

:heart:

Almost. I have blue-green eyes (similar to Axl's colour) and dark brown-reddish hair (but naturally boring dark blond/light brown)