GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't think Axl is jealous of them because if he wanted he could have had the same. But I think he just gave up and decided he was going to be single for a long time.

Maybe when he sees what they have, he feels a little something inside, but not jealousy.

I hope you're right, but like someone else here (Whiskey Rose I think) mentioned, Beta claimed Axl's really romantic and is just waiting for the right woman to settle down with. But that it's really hard for him to find someone because he doesn't know who just wants him for his money and fame and who actually loves him for himself. I don't believe everything that comes out of Beta's mouth, but if that is true, then all hope is lost :facepalm:  He's never gonna find the "right woman" who isn't just after his money among all the young wanna-be models and hangers-on he always hangs around with.

As for Slash and Duff's kids, I do wonder if they have met or know Axl. Duff's probably have by now.

Edited by Lumikki

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You're welcome :)

I wish someone would subtitle parts of it because his voice is so raspy and he talks so much that I barely understand him! :max:

When I tried to understand what he was saying and I couldn't I thought Oh great... I don't understand english (my first language is spanish) at least you couldn't either!!:rofl-lol:
I love english language but it depend on who speaks, I understand or not!

Edited by Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

I remember reading that Vanessa and Fernando's daugthers both have the middle name Rose. I mean I know that's a popular and common middle name for girls, but that can't just be a coincidence, right?

I can't decide if I find that nice or awful.

It's a bit "Yo Axl, thanks for paying for and financing our entire huge extended family's luxurious life style. In honor of that, we'll name all our kids after you!" :wacko:

Shiloh Blue and especially Willow Amelia are pretty good (normal, harmless) names by celebrity standards.

Edited by Frey

36 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I hope you're right, but like someone else here (Whiskey Rose I think) mentioned, Beta claimed Axl's really romantic and is just waiting for the right woman to settle down with. But that it's really hard for him to find someone because he doesn't know who just wants him for his money and fame and who actually loves him for himself. I don't believe everything that comes out of Beta's mouth, but if that is true, then all hope is lost :facepalm:  He's never gonna find the "right woman" who isn't just after his money among all the young wanna-be models and hangers-on he always hangs around with.

As for Slash and Duff's kids, I do wonder if they have met or know Axl. Duff's probably have by now.

Oh but is that from a Beta interview in the early 2000's? I don't know why I never thought that interview was real. And it's been like 15 years from that so I wouldn't cling to it too much.

Here's what Axl said on the subject to Rolling Stone magazine. This is from 1989, so again, a long time has passed and his views may have changed, but at least it's a direct quote from the guy himself:

Women seem to be one of the more popular subjects with Guns n' Roses. Are you a romantic kind of guy?
I'm a person that has a lot of different relationships. It's really hard to maintain a one-on-one relationship if the other person is not going to allow me to be with other people. I have a real open, hedonistic, sexual attitude. Just 'cause you're not totally in love with a person doesn't mean you don't like them. You can think they're attractive, and you want to touch them, have a great time with them. Maybe at that moment you are in love. I think love and lust go hand in hand, like good and evil. One without the other is not complete. But I don't tell someone I'm in love with them if I'm not. I never have.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-rolling-stone-interview-axl-rose-19890810?page=8

----- Slash kids were at Coachella so maybe they met him there. I don't know. Duff's daughters most probably they have already met Axl.

42 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

When I tried to understand what he was saying and I couldn't I thought Oh great... I don't understand english (my first language is spanish) at least you couldn't either!!:rofl-lol:
I love english language but it depend on who speaks, I understand or not!

English is not my mother tongue either, haha, Spanish is :heart: but I consider myself pretty good at English and I don't struggle with it so often but with this particular video I think the problem is the audio.

It is an old interview, caught from television probably on VHS, then transformed to digital to upload it on YouTube. With so many transferences, lots of audio quality may have been lost and that's why its hard to understand for us. Also Axl, sounding weird, too low in his tone and talking to much :P

26 minutes ago, Frey said:

It's a bit "Yo Axl, thanks for paying for and financing our entire huge extended family's luxurious life style. In honor of that, we'll name all our kids after you!" :wacko:

Shiloh Blue and especially Willow Amelia are pretty good (normal, harmless) names by celebrity standards.

TB family... when good luck knocks the door!

27 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, I'm not sure either, but I guess the intentions were good...

And I agree these are pretty okay names for celebs, so well done Erin and Axl! (Or well, it would have been well done, if their had ever been an actual baby :()

Duff's kids have very normal names too.

But I did just notice on that picture of Slash and Meegan's kids that their names are Lucy Bleu and Scarlet. So they have London Emilio, Cash Anthony, Lucy Bleu and Scarlet now :lol: Seems very rock star-like to me. Still pretty okay by celebrity standards though.

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Oh but is that from a Beta interview in the early 2000's? I don't know why I never thought that interview was real. And it's been like 15 years from that so I wouldn't cling to it too much.

Here's what Axl said on the subject to Rolling Stone magazine. This is from 1989, so again, a long time has passed and his views may have changed, but at least it's a direct quote from the guy himself:

Women seem to be one of the more popular subjects with Guns n' Roses. Are you a romantic kind of guy?
I'm a person that has a lot of different relationships. It's really hard to maintain a one-on-one relationship if the other person is not going to allow me to be with other people. I have a real open, hedonistic, sexual attitude. Just 'cause you're not totally in love with a person doesn't mean you don't like them. You can think they're attractive, and you want to touch them, have a great time with them. Maybe at that moment you are in love. I think love and lust go hand in hand, like good and evil. One without the other is not complete. But I don't tell someone I'm in love with them if I'm not. I never have.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-rolling-stone-interview-axl-rose-19890810?page=8

----- Slash kids were at Coachella so maybe they met him there. I don't know. Duff's daughters most probably they have already met Axl.

English is not my mother tongue either, haha, Spanish is :heart: but I consider myself pretty good at English and I don't struggle with it so often but with this particular video I think the problem is the audio.

It is an old interview, caught from television probably on VHS, then transformed to digital to upload it on YouTube. With so many transferences, lots of audio quality may have been lost and that's why its hard to understand for us. Also Axl, sounding weird, too low in his tone and talking to much :P

Yeah you're right, all our sources are old. We need some new interviews, damnit.

I remember Duff seeming kind of sad in his book when he talked about his daughter's never having met Axl. Glad that's probably changed now. But it would have been nicer if he could have seen Slash's and Duff's kids grow up right from the start. He could have been their cool uncle Axl :P

And yes, the problem with that interview is the horrible audio. My mother tongue isn't English either by the way. It's German. Seems like we have a lot of non-native speakers here :heart:

19 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I wish that was true, but I really doubt it. The people around him share enough about his life that we know that there probably isn't anybody. And he apparently didn't leave his house much for years.

I've wondered about that as well. I remember Perla being kind of shocked about it though, I think? So in secret probably. I agree that Renee was beautiful.

Perla was the one who cheated...

7 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah you're right, all our sources are old. We need some new interviews, damnit.

I remember Duff seeming kind of sad in his book when he talked about his daughter's never having met Axl. Glad that's probably changed now. But it would have been nicer if he could have seen Slash's and Duff's kids grow up right from the start. He could have been their cool uncle Axl :P

And yes, the problem with that interview is the horrible audio. My mother tongue isn't English either by the way. It's German. Seems like we have a lot of non-native speakers here :heart:

Haha, we live in the past :P

I'm not sure Axl would have been able to be around Slash's kid with Perla there, probably telling the kids uncle Axl is a pretty crazy uncle, haha

Oh, German. I have tried to learn that and I couldn't. I dream of visiting Berlin :heart:. Next year I'm planning a trip to Europe so I think I will try to meet you there, gals :hug:

9 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

hi everyone! mind if i join in?

*i didn't get tagged:cry:

I just tagged you!:dance: 

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

just wondering how old/young you all are? you don't have to answer, I'm 50 and probs the eldest here:cry:

I might be the youngest! 23 (24 in November rain)
Don't worry, 50 is being young nowadays! you're young lady :kiss:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Haha, we live in the past :P

I'm not sure Axl would have been able to be around Slash's kid with Perla there, probably telling the kids uncle Axl is a pretty crazy uncle, haha

Oh, German. I have tried to learn that and I couldn't. I dream of visiting Berlin :heart:. Next year I'm planning a trip to Europe so I think I will try to meet you there, gals :hug:

Crazy Uncle Axl, yes probably haha

Berlin is nice, I visited there a few years ago. And that would be awesome :heart:

9 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

hi everyone! mind if i join in?

*i didn't get tagged:cry:

Sure, the more the merrier! Welcome!

12 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Perla was the one who cheated...

Really? I didn't know that. I've only recently been getting back into GnR and haven't kept up with what all the guys were doing. So Perla cheated on Slash before he got together with Meegan?

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Is that Slash's son holding hands with Meegans daughter?

It's all four of the children holding hands with each other, it looks like.

9 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

Well you are just 2 months younger than me, gonna be 24 in September. 

12 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

I turned 27 some time ago.

By the way, @Carlycosmos , I really like how you always update the first post with the names of the people who join us here. It's like a gang membership list or something :D It's cool.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

17 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Berlin is nice, I visited there a few years ago. And that would be awesome :heart:

I wanted to join this thread but I have nothing to say about GNR and their relationships :shrugs:

So I've finally found a topic I can say something about:rofl-lol:. Yes, Berlin's great. :headbang:

27 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

just wondering how old/young you all are? you don't have to answer, I'm 50 and probs the eldest here:cry:

oooh my first tag!! I'm cool lol

I'm 36, I don't really spend too much time in these sub forums, but seeing as there's absolutely FA going on with guns at the mo, here I am :lol:

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

I wanted to join this thread but I have nothing to say about GNR and their relationships :shrugs:

So I've finally found a topic I can say something about:rofl-lol:. Yes, Berlin's great. :headbang:

:lol:

As far as I understand it, this thread isn't just about relationships. It's a thread to discuss basically everything you want about the guys without someone whining about it. ;)

I would love to have you here, it'd be nice to have someone from my 'neighborhood' around (correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you're probably Czech or from one of the neighboring countries, since you were at the concert in Prague?)

36 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Kinda weird, but I guess his kids are getting along with Meegan and her kids pretty well. 

Eh they're not related. Experimentation is fine :P 

2 hours ago, Carlycosmos said:

he's a bit thumb.
Still sexy though:D:slash:

man-looks-like-thumb-6325-1233172135-12.jpg

Wow, Apollo looks... Great..?

• Like 1

Whoa, I leave the thread for an evening and there's 3 new pages full of gold. Atta girls! :lol: All the other threads will be pretty quiet when there's no one discussing anything and people just talking about where they can buy tickets/what was the setlist etc. Oh well, they brought it upon themselves. Now, where to begin?

As for Erin and Axl: I don't understand why Axl would still have emotional pain or wouldn't have forgiven her by now (as someone mentioned). I mean, it's been 30+ years, time may not completely heal all wounds but it sure as hell can turn them into tiny scratches. I'd think Erin should be the one forgiving him, not the other way around. And that seems to have happened, so yep. It's also pretty sweet that she keeps liking videos/pics of him.

However, @killuridols why shouldn't there be an other side to the story? We all know that their relationship was abusive and shitty, no matter how much they loved each other. The question "How do you know there's an other side?" can be just as easily directed at us, the people who are more supportive of Erin and the whole relationship. There's always a different point of view and ours may not be necessarily right. We just hope it is. :P

Also, TB are really overprotective of Axl and most likely created a mini society around him over the years where not a lot of people can get in, so that he could no longer deal with so many problems and whatnot. Now, I usually disapprove of people running from their problems and secluding themselves instead of facing them and rising above, but in Axl's case, he really needed a break after all that had happened to him in his life, from start to GNR end. It's understandable that he wouldn't trust people anymore and just wanted to do his thing and enjoy his "freedom".

It's cute seeing Slash's and Meegan's kids together, I wonder how they're taking their parents' divorces and having to deal with adopted parents and siblings. I mean, they're pretty young, after all. Let's hope it gives them an emotional shock like what happened to Slash and they become super talented and all that. :headbang: I'm joking, I'm joking! :D