GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

I have a problem relating Dexter Rose account to Axl because I find it odd in the about section it listed Dexter Rose as "Axl's cat". 

I don't know how to explain, just that the about details doesn't seem like what Axl would have written down. He isn't someone who by nature would be that straightforward. 

He is by nature enigmatic and loves to keep people guessing. 

I am inclined to say it is owned by someone close to the band, or someone who is a fan AND also knows / knew (are there any current tweets from this account that shares current insider info?) someone from the band.

11 hours ago, killuridols said:

holy shit @Lumikki, now my life is destroyed! Will have to spend hours dissecting this one :facepalm:

Ok, let's put Elephant Joke behind, it's probably some lame ass old men stuff similar to what @MillionsOfSpiders posted above (not that Im calling you old man or lame ass, haha, please dont get offended, Im talking about Axl and Dizzy :P)

- I don't know why that woman is called the Cat Whisperer (sounds like the Dog Whisperer guy Cesar Milan?). Maybe she's good at taking care of cats?? maybe she's a catsitter like Sasha :rolleyes:

- I don't know who's the The Seeker, I just know he's a moderator or some kind of administrator from that Paradise City place that I will never know what's its function, if its a social network or a fan club or a website but it is some sort of "official" online thing for fans. I was there a couple of times but had to get away quickly because it's infected with the same lunatic person that infects the Nightmare FanClub and lots of middle-aged crazy women who believe Axl is their husband :crazy:. This moderator or admin has been around for a long time, definitely not new and not because of the The Who song included in the current setlist. That song was played by the nuGNR line-up many times in the past tours.

- No idea what's the connection other than she's a "friend" of the Lebeis clan, just like so many other models and people like that :P

---------

omg that photoshoot has to be the worst Axl has ever done. He doesn't look sexy at all. It's SO NOT HIM :vomit:

Is that Sasha? Are you guys sure? Looks nothing like her body, lol. She doesn't have any curves, much less that roundy firm booty.

She looks really bad from the waist below :scared:

Yeah that was my thought as well about the cat whisperer thing, but how many goddamn cat sitters does Axl need?! lol :facepalm: And how would the paradisecity guy know she's the cat sitter. Most people didn't even seem to know that the Markie woman existed (I didn't either until reading this thread). Maybe he knows her (or other people from Axl's entourage).

I'm pretty sure that's Sasha in that photoshoot, but all the pictures from that shoot were photoshopped to hell and back, so they probably photoshopped the hell out of her body too lol.

Here's some more:

AxlUomoVogue-05.jpg

axluomovogue10de9.jpg

AxlUomoVogue-06.jpg

AxlUomoVogue-03.jpg

umovoguebedjx8.jpg

Aw, look at them holding hands :P:smiley-confused2:

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

- It's not necessarily the same person behind both accounts, but they are definitely related. I incline toward being two different people, because of the differences in writing and content. For example: Dijon doesn't use abbreviations ("u" for "you" etc) while Dexter does (and so does Axl :smiley-confused2:). Dijon always tags Axl's and the band's official accounts; Dexter does it sometimes, but he mostly tags TB (Beta, Fernando) and band members. Dexter follows a lot of accounts, while Dijon follows only Axl and Dexter. Dexter refers to Axl as "daddy", Dijon refers to him by his name. Some Dijon's tweets contain teasing/provocative comments on Axl.

- Who could be behind these accounts? I don't think an irrelevant person, a fan for example, could know or have access to all this stuff. I also tend to exclude the possibility of Axl being behind both; it would be too crazy, even for him. Hence, either both cats are people close to Axl or one of them (Dexter) is Axl and Dijon is a friend of his (Del James?).

- In any of the two cases, the cat accounts are probably an inside game between Axl and his friends/entourage.

And what about this?

tweet.jpg

Duff's dogs have twitter accounts, too :rofl-lol:

tweet2.jpg

tweet5.jpg

Twirls' tweets are "normal" and the account seems to be handled by the McKagan family, but Buckley's account seems like someone's playing :lol:

Yeah you're right, there's definitely some differences like that between the accounts. Like @Frey pointed out when he analyzed these twitters some pages back, the Dijon account especially seems to make a lot of fun about Axl and his entourage, pretty mean-spirited at times. That's why that one doesn't really seem like Axl to me (except if Axl maybe has some lingering resentment towards TB and Del which he expresses on the twitter account :lol:).

But even if only Dexter is Axl, that would still be incredibly crazy, considering the shit "Dexter" posts :scared:

Or an even crazier theory: Both the Dijon and Dexter accounts are run by Axl, but he intentionally gives them different personalities (maybe the personalities he imagines them to have if they could talk/were people?). Considering that Axl kind of seems to identify more with Dexter (I mean he even uses Dexter's name as his username on here...) it would make sense for the Dexter account to be more like him then :wow:

Okay, I'll stop with the insane theories now. God this band is so weird. Are fans of other band's discussing shit like this? Probably not because other musicians are not suspected of being crazy enough to pretend to be their cats on Twitter :rofl-lol:

As for the McKagan dogs... Yes, Twirls' account definitely seems to be run by the McKagans themselves (most likely one of the girls, Susan or both). Buckley's... I have seen that one before and at the time I thought it was one of their daughters just having some fun with it. If you look at the date of the posts, that was around the time when they were young teenagers and would have done such a thing, and I remember Grace also had a Tumblr account around that time (don't know if she still has it). Or maybe it's just an obsessed fan. I've noticed on places like Twitter and Instagram that the McKagans seem to have a lot of people who are "fans" of their entire family. It's so weird. But either way, it seems to have been abandoned pretty quickly.

-----------------

By the way, while looking for the pictures from the photo shoot above, I also found these in my folder (among many, many other "interesting" things I'd forgotten about). Since there was some horror at Axl's hat collection going on earlier, I thought I should post them here. So please enjoy Axl's animal print hat in all its glory (and some additional Beta and Axl loving if you're into that :lol:):

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/2006%20onwards%20Axl/65487_8880795_2067951347_n.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/2006%20onwards%20Axl/3ehrm.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/2006%20onwards%20Axl/8914_1095268_1142750312_n.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/2006%20onwards%20Axl/914_1095277_349093987_n.jpg

And I just realized those are actually two different hats in the pictures. Axl has more than one animal print hat :lol::lol::facepalm:

• Like 2

He has a cat t shirt on too :lol:

That is the leopard print hat I saw him wear, hideous!! At least some of the necklaces are gone. Looking back at those pics I really can't complain about how he dresses now. 

I saw on the AC/DC board they were discussing Axls hair and how he should do something about and his clothes lol never seen them discuss things like that before :lol:

• Like 1

Cats, dogs, elephant, I always knew the band was crazy, but this is  :wow: 

When someone of you meet Axl, please ask him about the cats' accounts. It would be the best fan question ever. Axl, do you really think you are a cat? And what's going on between you and Duff's dogs? Why aren't you friends with Slash's snakes? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 4

Hello ladies, first time poster here, I've been lurking here for a few days, and had to make an account to continue reading.  I have to confess I was not a GnR fan, but an AC/DC fan, so you will have to forgive my ignorance on all things GnR and if I get my Izzys and Dizzys mixed up.  I had to Google Axl Rose when AC/DC announced that he was their fill in singer after Brian's hearing had deteriorated.  At first I was like "oh my god", but decided to go see them in London anyway.  Your boy Axl done good Ladies, in fact very good.  I am going to California in September and will be stopping over in New York for a couple of days to see them at MSG.

BTW, the woman in the pyjamas may not be the fashion idiot you think she is. Here is an article about Kate Moss wearing a pyjama suit to a Louis Vuitton show a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3656083/Best-British-Kate-Moss-shows-wild-stunning-safari-inspired-pyjama-suit-joins-David-Beckham-Louis-Vuitton-Paris-Fashion-Week.html

If you fancy the look yourself, here's Vogue's advice on how to wear pyjama suits.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/favourites-of-vogue/2015/10/pyjama-pj-dressing-gallery-shopping-list

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He has a cat t shirt on too :lol:

That is the leopard print hat I saw him wear, hideous!! At least some of the necklaces are gone. Looking back at those pics I really can't complain about how he dresses now. 

I saw on the AC/DC board they were discussing Axls hair and how he should do something about and his clothes lol never seen them discuss things like that before :lol:

You are right, if it is the AC/DC board that I am a member of.  They do not allow much discussion on personal stuff to do with the band members or their families.  Axl has been a little different.  The general opinion has been burn the hats, get rid of the bling and sunglasses and much scratching of heads as to why Axl needs to change his clothes so often.

Edited by Rock Hopper
  • Like 1

I actually love Axl's photoshoot with Sasha! I think it's great and Axl looks absolutely amazing in it! 

I know I just voiced a very unpopular opinion - please, be lenient with me! :P

Edited by oaka

8 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

You are right, if it is the AC/DC board that I am a member of.  They do not allow much discussion on personal stuff to do with the band members or their families.  Axl has been a little different.  The general opinion has been burn the hats, get rid of the bling and sunglasses and much scratching of heads as to why Axl needs to change his clothes so often.

Hey, welcome! It's great to have an AC/DC fan here :headbang:

Well, it's Axl, the clothes change has always been a part of him. Do you guys watch him with GNR as well? Because he didn't change his clothes that often with ACDC, just the hats/bandanas and new outfit for the encore, which is nothing compared with what he does with GNR :smiley-confused2:

Yes, burn the hats :anger: (and bring back the kilt)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

Same as us then! Except the sunglasses, I'd let him keep the sunnies and bandana. The hats and jackets though :facepalm: 

Who knows why he has to "costume change" every five songs!! It makes me laugh though :lol:

I saw AC/DC in Manchester, was the best show I've ever been to, wasn't expecting it to be so good but I had the best time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Hey, welcome! It's great to have an AC/DC fan here :headbang:

Well, it's Axl, the clothes change has always been a part of him. Do you guys watch him with GNR as well? Because he didn't change his clothes that often with ACDC, just the hats/bandanas and new outfit for the encore, which is nothing compared with what he does with GNR :smiley-confused2:

Yes, burn the hats :anger: (and bring back the kilt)

Thank you for the welcome, you must remember, AC/DC fans are not used to the glamour of Hollywood types.  Our band just turn up and play in what they pulled out of their suitcase that morning (except for Angus of course) so any change in that routine is seen as new, therefore suspicious.  They have been like that since I have been following them (1978) As for the kilt, being a member of Clan rose Axl can of course wear one, but the one he had is a terrible example of our national dress.  It is too long and the cloth looks too lightweight, more like a womans dress kilt.  But I agree bring back the kilt, it would really suit him now he has, how can I put it, a fuller figure.  Kilts look really good on bigger men.

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Same as us then! Except the sunglasses, I'd let him keep the sunnies and bandana. The hats and jackets though :facepalm: 

Who knows why he has to "costume change" every five songs!! It makes me laugh though :lol:

I saw AC/DC in Manchester, was the best show I've ever been to, wasn't expecting it to be so good but I had the best time. 

Yes, the London show was great too.  Axl seemed to have lit a fire under the boys, they played better than I have seen in a while.  It's not that I don't like GnR's music, I wouldn't throw the radio out of the window if they came on.  I just don't know any of their songs beyond their main hits.  I will have to start listening one song at a time.  Where would you suggest I start?

• Like 2

@Rock Hopper It depends on what kind of music you like. GnR has a lot of variety in their songs. Everything from dirty fast rockers, to acoustic songs to 10 min epics.

If you like AC/DC, Appetite is probably a good place to start, but most of my personal favorite songs are from the Use Your Illusion albums. My favorites are Civil War, Dead Horse, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Coma, Estranged, etc... also Rocket Queen from Appetite.

@Lumikki That's the tweet I meant, thanks.

This whole thing is so fucking weird. When I read through the cat accounts for the first time, I was pretty sure they're fake. But there's so many little things that make me second-guess this whole thing. I guess the question is, am I willing to accept that Axl might be this batshit insane? :lol:

@Blackstar Didn't know the McKagans' pug had his own twitter account as well. Pretending to be their animals on social media seems to be a popular hobby in GnR circles :rofl-lol::facepalm:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

Yes, the London show was great too.  Axl seemed to have lit a fire under the boys, they played better than I have seen in a while.  It's not that I don't like GnR's music, I wouldn't throw the radio out of the window if they came on.  I just don't know any of their songs beyond their main hits.  I will have to start listening one song at a time.  Where would you suggest I start?

I would say Appetite For Destruction is the easiest to get into, it has Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City and Sweet Child O Mine. Saying that though, I personally prefer the Illusions albums and Lies, they've got everything from acoustic ballads, straight ahead rockers and the epics like Civil War, Coma and Estranged. Appetite is definitely the place to start :) 

• Like 2

@Rock Hopper Welcome! I'm another one who personally prefers the Use Your Illusions albums (I like long epics and piano and stuff), but thinks you should start with Appetite for Destruction considering you're an ACDC fan lol.

Speaking of, what are everone's favorite songs here? Mine are:

Appetite: Welcome to the Jungle and Rocket Queen

Illusions: Estranged, Coma, Yesterday's, 14 Years, Civil War, Don't Damn Me, Garden of Eden, Don't Cry (alt.), Dead Horse, Breakdown, So Fine... (and I also sometimes like Locomotive and Shotgun Blues, but those lyrics...)

Chinese Democracy: Street of Dreams, Prostitute, Sorry, Better, Madagascar and I've recently started to like Shackler's Revenge.

Other albums and stuff: Ain't It Fun (my favorite song from the Spaghetti incident), Patience, the demo version of Don't Cry, Axl's versions of It's Alright, Dust In The Wind, etc... I also really wish Crash Diet had been properly recorded. I really like that one for some reason.

(And yes, I'll admit that I don't really like November Rain, You Could Be Mine, SCOM, It's So Easy and Paradise City. Blasphemy I know :lol:)

2 hours ago, oaka said:

I actually love Axl's photoshoot with Sasha! I think it's great and Axl looks absolutely amazing in it! 

I know I just voiced a very unpopular opinion - please, be lenient with me! :P

LOL it's okay, someone's got to love 2006 Axl too :lol: Seriously though, I'm not very fond of that particular photoshoot, but I actually do think Axl sometimes looked pretty great in 2006- if one ignores the hair and the clothes. His face and body were still awesome then.

Always thought he looked good during that event:

71765349vf.jpg

wenn821161zi1iv1.jpg

:P

Also kinda like these. He was sweating so much his silk shirt became see-through lol.

GNRACOUSTIC.jpg

Dscf0492nmn.jpg

GNRACOUSTIC11.jpg

And I also came across these while digging through my old pictures. Girls, that's the last time we saw Axl without a shirt: :wow:

z504.jpg

z502.jpg

And the last time we saw his legs (or rather leg :P):

(The bruises being once again the result of clumsiness, iirc :rolleyes:)

60498879009679848088.jpg

large.jpg

• Like 3

It's hard to choose a favourite song, there are many song I really like :headbang:. Starting with Appetite for Desctruction would be great.

Regarding Axl's look, I've never liked the 2006's. He didn't look like Axl at all, he looked like a gigolo :max:. I prefer the way he looks now, he's getting really fit.

@MillionsOfSpiders the leather kilt is great as well, he needs to bring it back. As well as the converse Axl shoes. 

axl-cons.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah that was my thought as well about the cat whisperer thing, but how many goddamn cat sitters does Axl need?! lol :facepalm: And how would the paradisecity guy know she's the cat sitter. Most people didn't even seem to know that the Markie woman existed (I didn't either until reading this thread). Maybe he knows her (or other people from Axl's entourage).

Because the Paradise City guy is hired by TB so is probably someone they know, someone from the camp. The moderators at the Nightrain fan club are also people that know the band, like Jarmo is one of the admins.

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I cant believe this! :rofl-lol:

Would love to lurk those forums but whenever I tried it was all closed so :P .... what kind of people are the ones discussing this? Are there women? Somehow I have this image of ACDC fans being all truck drivers, bear/beer men, very hairy and fat and gross :rofl-lol: like there's no way they would discuss Axl's hair or clothes like us.

4 hours ago, Rock Hopper said:

Hello ladies, first time poster here, I've been lurking here for a few days, and had to make an account to continue reading.  I have to confess I was not a GnR fan, but an AC/DC fan, so you will have to forgive my ignorance on all things GnR and if I get my Izzys and Dizzys mixed up.  I had to Google Axl Rose when AC/DC announced that he was their fill in singer after Brian's hearing had deteriorated.  At first I was like "oh my god", but decided to go see them in London anyway.  Your boy Axl done good Ladies, in fact very good.  I am going to California in September and will be stopping over in New York for a couple of days to see them at MSG.

BTW, the woman in the pyjamas may not be the fashion idiot you think she is. Here is an article about Kate Moss wearing a pyjama suit to a Louis Vuitton show a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3656083/Best-British-Kate-Moss-shows-wild-stunning-safari-inspired-pyjama-suit-joins-David-Beckham-Louis-Vuitton-Paris-Fashion-Week.html

Hi, there! Welcome to the forum and this thread :heart:

It's so cool to have AC/DC fans interested in our band too, just like we are in yours now, he he. Rock n' roll does wonderful things, doesn't it? :P

Funny how you say you had to Google Axl... really? you never heard of him? I find that strange, haha, and yes, the guy is a womanizer, something the female fans are not very fond of :rolleyes: but we've have to live with that for a lifetime now.

As for Sasha and her clothes, please don't compare her to Kate Moss, lol. Kate Moss was a top model in the 90s. Sasha is not even a model, she's really bad at it and her pijamas was hilarious. Glamour and Sasha dont belong in the same sentence together, sorry :P

3 hours ago, Rock Hopper said:

Yes, listen to Appetite For Destruction first, like everybody told you but if you want to get to know to GN'R you will have to get out of your comfort zone with that kind of hard rock and listen to UYI, if you wanna hear what Axl is all about. He's a very complex individual and those albums have most of the best lyrics he's ever written. Songs like Estranged, Coma and Locomotive are considered epics because of their lenght, the complex lyrics and the music, specially Slash solos and long guitar parts.

There are other rockers in the Illusion albums that are not so heavy, deep and dark but most fans love them: Dead Horse, Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, Yesterdays, Civil War, Right Next Door To Hell, You Could Be Mine, Breakdown, Perfect Crime.

From the Lies album, my favorites are: Move to the city, Nice Boys, You're Crazy.

From Chinese Democracy (a whole different album, music, lyrics): Street Of Dreams, Better, Madagascar, Sorry, Prostitute, Catcher In The Rye, There Was A Time, Shackler's Revenge, Riad and The Beduins.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I cant believe this! :rofl-lol:

Would love to lurk those forums but whenever I tried it was all closed so :P .... what kind of people are the ones discussing this? Are there women? Somehow I have this image of ACDC fans being all truck drivers, bear/beer men, very hairy and fat and gross :rofl-lol: like there's no way they would discuss Axl's hair or clothes like us.

Yes, exactly! I've seen ACDC show and the fans and I can't imagine them discussing Axl's hair :shock:. Maybe it's Axl's aura, no matter who you are, you will always talk about his looks :rofl-lol:

It reminds me, you asked about the countries - Let's play a game....I'm from a country where your favourite AxlDC videos were taken and @Lumikki is from a neighbouring country with slightly less population :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Rock Hopper said:

Here you go ladies found this for you when I was looking on youtube for GnR songs, it has kilts, braids and g strings.  Liking You could be mine btw.

Ha, great video :popcorn:. Let us know when you find another song you like :headbang:

• Like 1