GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

I like a bunch of GNR songs but my all time favorite is "You could be mine". I like everything about it. From the lyrics to the music and the way Axl sings it is just amazing. 

I like the video too. Arnold and Robert Patrick were pretty fucking hot back then. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I cant believe this! :rofl-lol:

Would love to lurk those forums but whenever I tried it was all closed so :P .... what kind of people are the ones discussing this? Are there women? Somehow I have this image of ACDC fans being all truck drivers, bear/beer men, very hairy and fat and gross :rofl-lol: like there's no way they would discuss Axl's hair or clothes like us.

It was mainly guys I noticed discussing Axls hair, clothes, jewellery, hats and his weight of course :lol:. They hate the same things we hate about Axls look, and the changing of clothes mystifies them too. It's just funny to see another fanbase have to come to terms with how he is on stage, and be just as puzzled at the guy as we are lol. 

Theyre not all men, and definitely don't all seem like trucker types :D. When I went to see ac/dc, there was a lot of women there too and there was a lot of kids as well, I mean like proper little kids. It was a good atmosphere in the stadium, but we did get hassled badly by their fans on the tram there and back :( 

On another note, I've noticed all the stuck up bitches on the school run I have to endure are wearing those pyjama suits and pyjama trouser things that Sasha wears :facepalm: 

I'm so glad they wouldn't lower themselves to speak to me, fucking fashion sheep! 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

Hi Kill your Idols, your AC/DC fan could be anyone.  I have seen whole families there enjoying the show, from grandkids to grandmas.  I wasn't comparing Sacha to Kate, only pointing out that pyjama suits are fashionable, whether you think it is a good look or not is debatable.  Personally I wouldn't be caught in my coffin in a pyjama suit.  Yes, I really did have to google Axl.  Sometimes life gets in the way of following singers you never really followed to start with.  Thanks for the suggestions re the music, looks like I will be busy on youtube.

52 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Hah! :lol:

And taken together there are somewhere between 18-19 million people in our countries, which is approximately the size of Axl's entourage. If we're lucky. Axl's entourage might just be bigger.

He should move his entourage to our countries, we'd do a better job :max:.

52 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I mean obviously 1990-1992 Axl was hot as well, but there is just something about the slighty rougher/manlier way Axl looked in 93/94 that appeals to me. I'll have to look for some pictures of that, but in the meantime... late 80s Axl :wub: Perfection to me.

I really like his 1991-92 look (together with late 80s and 93 haha), his hair was perfect and he wore the craziest outfits.

y_c8bd87ee.jpg

3e975ff27cb7e98cbc08b1ee6b5dee2a.jpg

77050-original.jpg?icq=74

axl_rose_nirvana_hat.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Yes, exactly! I've seen ACDC show and the fans and I can't imagine them discussing Axl's hair :shock:. Maybe it's Axl's aura, no matter who you are, you will always talk about his looks :rofl-lol:

It reminds me, you asked about the countries - Let's play a game....I'm from a country where your favourite AxlDC videos were taken and @Lumikki is from a neighbouring country with slightly less population :ph34r:

Ooooh I got it now, sorry! I had forgotten, I guess Im getting ooold :drool:

You're from Czech Republic? omg those videos Ollie Fabeck did of the Prague show :drool:--- Axl looks so perfect, he's incarnated his Janis Joplin style better than ever and he singing channeling her voice makes me :drool: all day and all night!

Šulová Kateřina 4.jpg

Oh and @Lumikki is from Austria, yes!! haha she speaks german, that's why she's so smart and I have to remember her country has produced great intellectual minds and classic musicians :headbang:

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

I like a bunch of GNR songs but my all time favorite is "You could be mine". I like everything about it. From the lyrics to the music and the way Axl sings it is just amazing. 

I like the video too. Arnold and Robert Patrick were pretty fucking hot back then. 

Not my favorite song at all but it's really good and the video was gold. Great memories from those times of Terminator 2!!!

Here's my present for you and @Rock Hopper :heart:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It was mainly guys I noticed discussing Axls hair, clothes, jewellery, hats and his weight of course :lol:. They hate the same things we hate about Axls look, and the changing of clothes mystifies them too. It's just funny to see another fanbase have to come to terms with how he is on stage, and be just as puzzled at the guy as we are lol. 

Theyre not all men, and definitely don't all seem like trucker types :D. When I went to see ac/dc, there was a lot of women there too and there was a lot of kids as well, I mean like proper little kids. It was a good atmosphere in the stadium, but we did get hassled badly by their fans on the tram there and back :( 

lol

We don't complain about the wardrobe changes, right? We're used to that. It is who Axl is, who he's always been since Guns N' Roses ever existed. Someone should explain this to the AC/DC fans. Our hero is a fashion whore, he's very flamboyant and probably will never stop being one! :lol:

1 hour ago, Rock Hopper said:

Hi Kill your Idols, your AC/DC fan could be anyone.  I have seen whole families there enjoying the show, from grandkids to grandmas.  I wasn't comparing Sacha to Kate, only pointing out that pyjama suits are fashionable, whether you think it is a good look or not is debatable.  Personally I wouldn't be caught in my coffin in a pyjama suit.  Yes, I really did have to google Axl.  Sometimes life gets in the way of following singers you never really followed to start with.  Thanks for the suggestions re the music, looks like I will be busy on youtube.

:)

Yes, we know about the pajama trend, lol, but I think that's not a trend for everyone to pull off and come out looking awesome. Very few people can do it, actually. Sasha is that one woman in Axl's life most fans are not very fond of so anything she wears or does will not be seen with good eyes, haha, no matter if she's wearing Christian Dior we will hate it because we :bitchfight: and :max: her. Don't mind us! We are utterly intense and will probably overwhelm you with our fangirlism :rofl-lol:

Ok, I understand you didn't know who Axl is. Probably you're older than us, that's why. I feel the same about the current singers, I barely know what their names are or what bands they are in, lol.. Unless they are very very popular it is most likely I can't name anyone from nowadays bands.

48 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Oh I see, thanks for explaining. I'm only a member here and no other GnR related sites, so I don't know shit about what happens in other places lol.

Hah! :lol:

As for Axl's style(s), I agree with @MillionsOfSpiders, the leather kilt was awesome. I like it much better than the other kilt (which I agree was too long/big on him), but Axl really looks good in skirts in general lol. Bring 'em back I say (preferably a decently fitting authentic kilt though).

Ok, haha, I'm a member or been a member to almost all GNR forums out there. I'm also familiar with the biggest GNR fanpages, facebook groups and Twitter accounts. Still trying to follow or keep up with the Instagram ones. I'm a member of the official fanclub too but I hardly post over there because it is really a bad place with a bad aura. There are a few good people, though, so I mostly talk to them over PM.

----

The old kilt is cool, I love how he wore it and the songs where he would wear it but I don't think it'd be a good choice for him to bring it back now. He's got a huge belly and butt that would make him look really bad and really fat :scared:

I loved the leather one as well, that was pretty advanced for the time, since it became a fashionable item for men many many years later. Axl is a trendsetter, he was always ahead of his time :)

My favorite Axl's look or outfit is that one of the Don't Cry video. Denim short shorts, the flannel, black shirt and his golden hair :drool:

dontcry17.jpgdontcry11.jpg

dontcry14.jpg

dontcry8.jpg

• Like 3

My favourite Axl-year, regarding his looks was 1991 :drool: His hair was so silk and shiny, his outfit on top, just.....:heart:

That Rock in Rio rehearshal, and all the shows, just marvelous :wub: 

@Rock Hopper Welcome to the jungle! It's great seeing AC/DC fans over here! He won you guys over! :D 

My advice for getting into GN'R; if you allready know all the classics, start listening them chronologically, because that's how they evolved as a band. Appetite for Destruction(1987), then Lies(1988), then Use Your Illusions (1991). It won't take a lot of time for a first listen, but you'll come back to those songs over and over. And I recomend you, while listening the albums look up for lyrics. Especially for Illusions. There are some of the finest lyrics Axl wrote, Estranged, Coma, Locomotive, Breakdown, Don't Damn Me. In general, Guns' songs are very melodic, so you can't listen to them without the lyrics. And they're very versatile, so there's no way you can't find something you love. And be carefull, once you get into GN'R machine, you won't get out of it! :D 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not my favorite song at all but it's really good and the video was gold. Great memories from those times of Terminator 2!!!

Here's my present for you and @Rock Hopper :heart:

You rule! Thanks!:hug:

Needless to say, everytime I listen to it my neighbors do too, whether they like it or not:rofl-lol::headbang:

ycbm01.PNG

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You're from Czech Republic? omg those videos Ollie Fabeck did of the Prague show :drool:--- Axl looks so perfect, he's incarnated his Janis Joplin style better than ever and he singing channeling her voice makes me :drool: all day and all night!

Oh and @Lumikki is from Austria, yes!! haha she speaks german, that's why she's so smart and I have to remember her country has produced great intellectual minds and classic musicians :headbang:

Yes. This is my favourite picture of Axl from the Prague show

axldc13.jpg

Ha, German, I've been learning the language for ages but I'm still not able to speak it properly :facepalm:.

16 minutes ago, nn18 said:

My favourite Axl-year, regarding his looks was 1991 :drool: His hair was so silk and shiny, his outfit on top, just.....:heart:

1991 was fabulous :drool::drool:

jRWNKR.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nn18 said:

@Rock Hopper Welcome to the jungle! It's great seeing AC/DC fans over here! He won you guys over! :D 

My advice for getting into GN'R; if you allready know all the classics, start listening them chronologically, because that's how they evolved as a band. Appetite for Destruction(1987), then Lies(1988), then Use Your Illusions (1991). It won't take a lot of time for a first listen, but you'll come back to those songs over and over. And I recomend you, while listening the albums look up for lyrics. Especially for Illusions. There are some of the finest lyrics Axl wrote, Estranged, Coma, Locomotive, Breakdown, Don't Damn Me. In general, Guns' songs are very melodic, so you can't listen to them without the lyrics. And they're very versatile, so there's no way you can't find something you love. And be carefull, once you get into GN'R machine, you won't get out of it! :D 

Excellent advice!

Definitely, there's no understanding of GN'R music without knowing the lyrics, specially to those songs she mentioned and most of them, really, the Illusion albums are a trip to the tortured soul of Axl Rose. If you have questions regarding the lyrics, just ask us, we're like a living encyclopedia here :rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Yes. This is my favourite picture of Axl from the Prague show

axldc13.jpg

Ha, German, I've been learning the language for ages but I'm still not able to speak it properly :facepalm:.

1991 was fabulous :drool::drool:

jRWNKR.gif

All photos and videos from that show are my all time favorite AXL/DC show :drool:. I watch it over and over every weekend. I'm really that sick :unsure:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I thought killuridols would like Kill Your Idols Axl best ;)

image.jpg

EDIT: I wish he would bring this T shirt back 

Yes, that's my favorite shirt! :P

Not sure if he wore it at any other show than the Freddy Mercury tribute? Does anyone remember?

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

I just read that Zakk Wylde will be a guest for the Phoenix show.  He is a amazing guitar player and hot as hell. I always find him sexy and beautiful

:wub:

I'm not attracted to Zakk Wylde in that sense but I like him a lot and I love this performance of him and Axl, one of my favorites!

----

Speaking of Slash new pics, there are some new ones from the last shows that are so damn fine! :wow:

GNR Chicago Night 2 016.jpg

GNR Chicago Night 2 010.jpg

• Like 1

Somebody said Axl should bring back the hairdresser he had in the 90's I think Marc Canter said that it was his wife who use to do Axl's hair up to about 97. Anybody know what's happened to Marc? guys gone very quiet, makes me feel bad for him.

6 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

YEEEESSSSSS!!! :wub::wub::wub:

That's actually one of my all time favorite pictures of him. He was so damn gorgeous in that Rapidire photoshoot :drool: Some more:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/979bbd9a9c6b30a34a1c6e1adc4e7de2/tumblr_o89ks5sOB11uw2kreo1_1280.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl%202/axl-rose-rapidfire1983-10.jpg

Also lol @ the German comment. If we ever meet, we can just stick to English :P

Hah, my country hasn't produced anything like that in a long time, but thanks for calling me smart :P

And it's good you're all over the place, we need people with background knowledge like that here for CSI purposes and all kinds of things :ph34r:

Also why is there not a single decent quality version of the Yesterdays video on youtube?! WTF :max: But I love these stills from the video so much :wub:

2b280e05-45a0-4bdf-9cbb-25f9326036f3_zps

axl63uh.jpg

axl70xo.jpg

axl66.jpg

tumblr_lueyvngxen1qkbhjjo1_500.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl%202/onHhsldQggo_1.jpg

jesus @Lumikki I'm always terrified of your posts... it's like you have NO LIMITS! you don't dosify, you're a bomb ready to explode in my face :rofl-lol:

I can't take THIS HUGE ASS DOSE of Axl's hotness, for fuck's sake you wanna kill me??? What the hell are you thinking? god damn it! :bitchfight:

You're like those huge pots of NUTELLA that you eat in 5 minutes and then have to go to E.R. because your liver is about to explode (a la Duff but in a girly way, lol) :rofl-lol:

No, I dont wanna meet you now. You may pull out a scrapbook of Axl's naked pictures, show it to me and I would drop dead in front of you. You would have to hide my body somewhere in Europe, lmao :lol:

----

Stop!

----

I told you to stop it! :ph34r:

----

lol, Axl in Rapidfire, he was way too thin back then! It looks he starved a lot during those times :lol:

but listen... don't you think he looks a lot like his mom in those pics? Let's try it...

axl-rose-rapidfire1983-10.jpg0041 06-Jul-16 20.43.jpg

damn, that's scary, haha

And the Yesterday's video is one of my favorites! :drool: and I've been wondering too why it's not part of the official YouTube account and why there's no decent digital version of it. It feels like some legal shit is going with it. :shrugs:

The ponytail is just perfect. I think he would look really good now if he pulled his hair back like that, try a ponytail or something pulled back.

Maybe he could try his mom's hairdo! :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I can't take THIS HUGE ASS DOSE of Axl's hotness, for fuck's sake you wanna kill me??? What the hell are you thinking? god damn it! :bitchfight:

You're like those huge pots of NUTELLA that you eat in 5 minutes and then have to go to E.R. because your liver is about to explode (a la Duff but in a girly way, lol) :rofl-lol:

No, I dont wanna meet you now. You may pull out a scrapbook of Axl's naked pictures, show it to me and I would drop dead in front of you. You would have to hide my body somewhere in Europe, lmao :lol:

Well, as @Lumikki said you should blame Axl :shades:

I'm surprised nobody posted these picture, so I'll do it :smiley-confused2:

2e01e60d68a5bccaa1676062f8518d4d.jpg

b58f4413fd16abcdf4a8b9c3efb3484e.jpg

axl-rose.jpg

I'm sure the guys here will be pretty happy :smiley-confused2: