09/14/16 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

xBrownstonex

8 minutes ago, Axl Roses Future Wife said:

Really? I haven't seen a video yet but that's disappointing 

AC/DC fans are super critical :lol:

They keep going on about hi hat and standard tuning and I'm sat here like :wacko: sounds fine to me lol 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

I dont see how you people are calling this a off night for AXL , Dont forget just 2 Years ago in 2014 when it was all Falsetto and the end of his career (or so we thought) until his resurrection this year I thought my Hero was gone like so many others . I saw them 4 Times , And I have to say the latest show I caught in Orlando with (GNR) it was the best he sounded , he now has control of his voice it appears . (saw them in 92 in Buffalo & 2006 In Miami & 2011 in Orlando)  Watching these videos he sounds as good as the Buffalo show if not better in some songs . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't remember if he did in Buffalo or not, but last night he actually stayed in open position when he went to quarter notes which I thought was a bit goofy. He actually had a bit of an off night all around. I really felt him struggling to keep up on Rosie too (He couldn't keep straight eighths on that one last night, he was swinging them just a little), he missed the coda in LTBR before the rhythm section drops out for the second half of Angus' solo, and he missed some really obvious hits in Riff Raff.

I thought last night was a good gig, but not the best I've seen yet. Aside from Slade's problems I just highlighted, I did think Axl was a bit weaker than usual tonight. I noticed some voice cracking, I know on FTATR, but also on a couple earlier songs which I can't remember. I did notice he was blowing his nose every now and then though, so maybe he's sick or something. Not very talkative at all tonight, the only song that really got an intro last night was GTDAB which he said "This is a song about man's best friend". Even the ones that always get an intro, like TNT, got nothing last night.

Still had a great time though of course. The one thing I did really pick up on is the chemistry Axl and Angus are developing. They seem to be feeding off each other a bit more now, but I feel like Angus is really starting to show he loves what Axl is doing. I don't know if it's because this may all be coming to an end or what, but it's like at the end of Highway To Hell, the look that Angus gave Axl completely melted my heart. It was pure bliss, you could just feel he was so damn excited to be on stage with him, it's a look I never saw Angus give Brian. Maybe this will be the end of AC/DC, but either way it would be an absolute crime for Axl and Angus not to collaborate on something.

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Everyone was better in Buffalo. 

Based on these posts it is fair to conclude that the band was more energized by having James Bond's presence in the crowd.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Clearly Axl sounding a little off at the begining but that scream at 4:35 makes me forget it... :headbang:

His moves at 3:30! I do believe that's a new one lol I love how happy he is, and I'm so proud of him :heart:

btw, I officially have my tickets for DC Saturday night! So psyched!! :headbang:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AxlCole said:

In some ways he sung the AC/DC material better than he even does the GnR material, if only because the GnR material is more sophisticated and difficult to sing, but still, to sing that way for nearly 2 1/2 hours and with that kind of power is fucking impressive.

I've noticed a lot of people making that same critique. But I don't think it's because he CANT sing his own songs they way he used to, it's just he knows he doesn't have to. With AC/DC, he knows he has to work harder to, not only impress the band, but the bands' fans as well. Maybe part of it was trying to save his voice for the changeover from NITL. Could've been purposely holding back on certain songs. Personally I never saw any of that myself. Granted I didn't see it live, but on all the videos I saw he was killing it, and sounding just as great if not better than he has as of late.

30 minutes ago, Kara said:

I've noticed a lot of people making that same critique. But I don't think it's because he CANT sing his own songs they way he used to, it's just he knows he doesn't have to. With AC/DC, he knows he has to work harder to, not only impress the band, but the bands' fans as well. Maybe part of it was trying to save his voice for the changeover from NITL. Could've been purposely holding back on certain songs. Personally I never saw any of that myself. Granted I didn't see it live, but on all the videos I saw he was killing it, and sounding just as great if not better than he has as of late.

Oh, don't get me wrong: that wasn't meant as a critique. I saw the NITLT show 3 times: NJ, L.A., and San Diego, and he was fantastic each time, but those songs are extremely hard to sing. The ranges go all overtime the place and he has to use more emotion and nuance in his voice at the different ranges, which gives a lot more opportunity to struggle with a certain area or whatever. What I meant was that he could just sort of settle into that one range sing the AC/DC songs and just belt them out without having to suddenly go into a softer singing voice or whatever, so it just allows for an overall more consistent performance.

Hope that made more sense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, axlthepose said:

I dont see how you people are calling this a off night for AXL , Dont forget just 2 Years ago in 2014 when it was all Falsetto and the end of his career (or so we thought) until his resurrection this year I thought my Hero was gone like so many others . I saw them 4 Times , And I have to say the latest show I caught in Orlando with (GNR) it was the best he sounded , he now has control of his voice it appears . (saw them in 92 in Buffalo & 2006 In Miami & 2011 in Orlando)  Watching these videos he sounds as good as the Buffalo show if not better in some songs . 

No one say he was off last night. Just some parts. No big deal. Buffalo was definately better but being at the concert in MSG must haved been so great.  

7 hours ago, axlthepose said:

I was at both shows - Buffalo was definitely the better show. I can't think of a single song I thought was better at MSG. Of course we're getting to the point of nitpicking since every show has been great, but if we're trying to rank them then Buffalo is ahead. As far as I'm concerned, Buffalo is the best show vocally on either leg of the tour so far.

10 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

No one say he was off last night. Just some parts. No big deal. Buffalo was definately better but being at the concert in MSG must haved been so great.  

That's the thing about MSG - it's an event. Shows there are magical no matter what, there's something about being in that room that sets the shows apart from others. The Maiden gig this year was not one of the best gigs I saw on this tour. As a matter of fact, I'd probably put it in my bottom 5 (Out of 21 gigs I saw this year). But it was still a special night since it was MSG.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The Maiden gig this year was not one of the best gigs I saw on this tour. As a matter of fact, I'd probably put it in my bottom 5 (Out of 21 gigs I saw this year). But it was still a special night since it was MSG.

We must have pretty different opinions on what makes a great show or not.  We were second behind the barrier on Dave Murray's side for that show, and I thought it was absolutely great.  Best of the 3 we saw of theirs this year (we also saw them in Vegas and Chicago).

7 hours ago, AxlCole said:

We must have pretty different opinions on what makes a great show or not.  We were second behind the barrier on Dave Murray's side for that show, and I thought it was absolutely great.  Best of the 3 we saw of theirs this year (we also saw them in Vegas and Chicago).

I mean, every Maiden show is great. I always say their weakest gig is still better than most bands' strongest. But I just didn't it was as good as most of the other gigs I saw this year.

• Like 1